Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 03:14 PM

2,811 posts, read 5,626,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The method of cash is meaningless.. If you sent over the equivelant value of oil, it would still be seized..

I havent at all suggested we should go to war, I'm asking why Democrats flip flop on their positions into no matter what Obama says, its the correct move. I'm not one who knows enough about the issue to deem Obama right or wrong, which is why I havent said anything about his choices..
I don't think you can say Democrats in general are following Obama no matter what he would say on this. I was 10% against Bush invading Iraq and wasting the lives of those American soldiers who died needlessly there along with all the money that was wasted, and I stick with that with Ukraine- I will be against Obama strongly if he does decide to actually send troops over there. It is not our business, and as noted in another post, the people of Crimea actually WANT to go with Russia instead of Ukraine anyway, so we wouldn't be there actually trying to defend anyone anyway! It would be a waste of money, a waste of American lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 03:14 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Just tweeted by NBC Nightly News ...

https://twitter.com/nbcnightlynews/s...722753/photo/1

Old 03-28-2014, 03:58 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm31828 View Post
I don't think you can say Democrats in general are following Obama no matter what he would say on this. I was 10% against Bush invading Iraq and wasting the lives of those American soldiers who died needlessly there along with all the money that was wasted, and I stick with that with Ukraine- I will be against Obama strongly if he does decide to actually send troops over there. It is not our business, and as noted in another post, the people of Crimea actually WANT to go with Russia instead of Ukraine anyway, so we wouldn't be there actually trying to defend anyone anyway! It would be a waste of money, a waste of American lives.
Everytime a Democrat sends troops to another country, all we hear about is how we're going in to save the poor, women are bieng raped, children are being killed, and its up to us americans to stop their suffering because we're the leader of the free world.

Then when they dont do something, their babble is that those people dont count, they arent americans, and we should be concerned about ourself.

It happens every single time..

Old 03-28-2014, 07:56 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Well, at east the Republicans are doing something - admittedly, what they're doing is down-voting an IMF deal that would have provided Ukraine with much-needed cash. But that darn Obama was for it, and that tied their hands.

The GOP Just Screwed Ukraine Out of Billions to Hurt Obama - The Daily Beast
You mean that Republicans just voted NOT to give away billions of dollars of US taxpayer's money to a country half way around the world that we have no beneficial relationship with? Oh, the horror!

If Russia is going to invade Ukraine, they can support the residents. Why in the F should the US taxpayer be expected to?????

Old 03-28-2014, 08:06 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
O's next move will be to send troops into Syria. That's why he's running all over the world talking to leaders.

He can't send troops into Ukraine without risking nuclear war, so he'll settle for creating havoc with Putin's ally, Assad in Syria. He'll probably take Assad out.

When it happens, Russia will take eastern Ukraine.

I can't wait to hear the Bots defend the Syria war.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:12 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
What do you mean NOTHING? He went to the Olympics and got drunk.
Bush Looking Drunk At The Olympics
lol

Old 03-29-2014, 04:39 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
O's next move will be to send troops into Syria. That's why he's running all over the world talking to leaders.

He can't send troops into Ukraine without risking nuclear war, so he'll settle for creating havoc with Putin's ally, Assad in Syria. He'll probably take Assad out.

When it happens, Russia will take eastern Ukraine.

I can't wait to hear the Bots defend the Syria war.
I don`t know what a bot is nor do I know anything about our war in Syria. How many troops do we have there?

Old 03-29-2014, 07:01 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
HA..got to love this.

So the guy running for President of Ukraine is a billionaire businessman and ex-banker.
Kerry met with him last month and they posed for pictures with Kerry reaffirming how the US supports them defending democracy and choice.

There were 3 potentials running for President and one dropped out and is putting his support behind the "Chocolate King" (that's where he made his billions).

So Ukraine will have a banker/billionaire businessman running the country beholden to the IMF and imposing pretty severe austerity measures on the people.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:03 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
You mean that Republicans just voted NOT to give away billions of dollars of US taxpayer's money to a country half way around the world that we have no beneficial relationship with? Oh, the horror!

If Russia is going to invade Ukraine, they can support the residents. Why in the F should the US taxpayer be expected to?????
The IMF already promised them money. The US is just adding icing to the cake.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:57 AM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,955 times
Article: America Checkmated in the Eurasian Geopolitical Chess Game | OpEdNews
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies