Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 09:18 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,884,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
If you think the GOP isn't corrupt to the core, then you are extremely naive.
That is a broad statement, but there is some merit to what you say. All Politicians that have been in "public service " for any period time is corrupt and they are in the same club, Obama, McCain , Reid, and we can go on. Most of these boys and we can not forget the girls are in "what's in for me club"

Politics is a messy business !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2014, 09:27 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
If you think the GOP isn't corrupt to the core, then you are extremely naive.

Thing is, the Democrats are all corrupt. Have not seen or heard one that wasn't a lying, spin the truth, slimeball.
At least the Republicans have a handful, that are the shining light on the hill. The rest are as corrupt and paid off as all the Democrats.

Old 04-05-2014, 09:41 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,074,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Thing is, the Democrats are all corrupt. Have not seen or heard one that wasn't a lying, spin the truth, slimeball.
Get help.

The truth is that neither of the two parties as as irremediably corrupt as so many of the poor souls in this thread assert.

Old 04-05-2014, 09:58 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,042,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
At least the Republicans have a handful, that are the shining light on the hill.
Not particularly.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:00 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,433,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
They aren't. Not even close. The Democrats are the most corrupt party by a mile, and they are the most hypocritical party, by a mile.

Yeh, OK, the GOP has some crazies in the tea party, and sure, Bob McDonnell got into some grey areas with ethics laws, and of course, some GOPers got caught having sex with other men while preaching an anti gay agenda (which isn't illegal btw)

But this is just the tip of the iceberg for the Democrats. 2014 is looking very grim right now. Democrats are, indeed, the worst political party.
What kind of naive imbecile sits there and says . . yeah, money is "speech" and we can have unlimited amounts of it. . just as long as its not quid-pro-quo" and you sit there. . .and think that one party is a problem.

there is no party

there is only money (speech)

that is the only voice

everything else is for the sheep

Old 04-05-2014, 10:02 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,746,643 times
Quote:
They aren't. Not even close. The Democrats are the most corrupt party by a mile, and they are the most hypocritical party, by a mile.

Yeh, OK, the GOP has some crazies in the tea party, and sure, Bob McDonnell got into some grey areas with ethics laws, and of course, some GOPers got caught having sex with other men while preaching an anti gay agenda (which isn't illegal btw)

But this is just the tip of the iceberg for the Democrats. 2014 is looking very grim right now. Democrats are, indeed, the worst political party.
I disagree. The track record of corruption & hypocrisy is equal right down the line between these two disgusting political parties.

Old 04-06-2014, 01:43 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,787,082 times
One should be skeptical of someone's (the OP's) argument when he points out specific indiscretions of the "slightly" corrupt Republicans, but only generalities about "immensely" corrupt Democrats.

Old 04-06-2014, 03:32 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,041,869 times
I disagree. I'm a registered Republican but I know both parties are corrupted to the core. I'm proud to be a member of a party that believes in small government, low taxes, family values, fiscal responsibility, and individual liberties. But make no mistake, I will call out my own when I witness wrongful actions. I hold my own party accountable, I wish most other people would do the same instead of blindly defending and making excuses for them. These stupid party cheerleaders exist on both sides of the aisle.

Old 04-06-2014, 03:59 PM

994 posts, read 1,592,320 times
Quote:

Pretty much all the parties are corrupt. That's just how the DC political machine works, always has. The only real differences between the political parties are their trash talk and it's almost like clockwork how they'll respond to stuff.

Old 04-06-2014, 05:46 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
I disagree. I'm a registered Republican but I know both parties are corrupted to the core. I'm proud to be a member of a party that believes in small government, low taxes, family values, fiscal responsibility, and individual liberties. But make no mistake, I will call out my own when I witness wrongful actions. I hold my own party accountable, I wish most other people would do the same instead of blindly defending and making excuses for them. These stupid party cheerleaders exist on both sides of the aisle.
Excellent post West Coast Republican ^^^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies