Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2014, 10:47 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,536,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Then they'll have even less job opportunities.

Putting the entire country on the dole will only create a massive group of people who contribute absolutely nothing to the tax base and only make the economy worse because then there will be millions of unfilled jobs.
With the liberals having less than 50% of the population working and contributing, they still think it is far too much. Just put everyone on welfare handouts, let everyone lay around doing nothing with their time.

Liberals have a hard time with adulthood. They believe everyone can be like permanent helpless children being supported their whole entire lives and never have to make any effort of any kind -- life is just one big party -- get stoned, sleep until noon, drop out of school. But -- have a nice new car to drive, money for drugs, money for music concerts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2014, 10:48 AM

30,195 posts, read 23,608,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Mircea, you're desperately trying to over compensate for the defeat you had in the immigration thread.
And you're desperately trying to over compensate for your defeat right in this thread. I already SHOWED you what he said. I showed you the prices here. When he says that there are different economies in this country, he is absolutely right. That you can't see that, or are unwilling to admit it, (trying to say that listed prices aren't "real"), shows your unbelievable ignorance.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:49 AM

6,940 posts, read 9,652,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You would not believe the ridiculous amount of taxes I'm paying -- all because I'm working and not just laying around getting my free government money and other stuff.
The federal taxes you're paying is to keep inflation in check. Only local governments, such as city and states use taxes and bonds to meet expenditures. We're calling for the federal government to implement BI, not state governments.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Houses are cheap in those regions due to low demand. Not all low wage earners could move to Cincinnati and Maine. It would just push the price of housing up.
More ignorance. It's not just two places in this country.

Here's a hint: You're on City Data. Guess what City Data will show you? Take a WILD guess.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:52 AM

6,940 posts, read 9,652,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
And you're desperately trying to over compensate for your defeat right in this thread. I already SHOWED you what he said. I showed you the prices here. When he says that there are different economies in this country, he is absolutely right. That you can't see that, or are unwilling to admit it, (trying to say that listed prices aren't "real"), shows your unbelievable ignorance.
You obviously don't understand the laws of supply and demand. Those homes are only cheap because they're in the middle of no where. Who the hell would want to live in a cold location to not be able to find employment since Maine lacks commerce? Use your head.

You must be a Baby Boomer. lol

Old 03-29-2014, 10:56 AM

48,505 posts, read 96,629,449 times
I the end add that 1500 to the poverty level and it becomes the new poverty level and prices to match to raise the revenues to pay i9t. remember that at one time was medium income but prices also where cheaper. Raise income then cost and prices go up even based on taxes. According to government figures last I looked the average employer cost for their contribution to health insurance was a little over 13k per employee.That is average so many just got a huge rise .Lets see if it makes them richer in the end or if they soon learn the indirect cost overall. Silly people always looking for something for nothing as always.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:57 AM

41,815 posts, read 50,883,218 times

So I see 500 billion in current funding you would shift from another source so you're still at 3 billion dollars that has to come from somewhere.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:57 AM

Quote:
You obviously don't understand the laws of supply and demand. Those homes are only cheap because they're in the middle of no where. Who the hell would want to live in a cold location to not be able to find employment since Maine lacks commerce? Use your head.

You must be a Baby Boomer. lol
Laugh like a fool, you've already proven to be one. No, I'm not a "baby boomer", you wish I was that old, but I'm not.

I DO understand the laws of supply and demand. In fact, here's what will happen: When you give people all of this money, business owners will start raising their prices on their goods. When that happens, that money that you gave everyone will be worthless. So what do you do? Oh, that's right, raise the amount of Basic Income. And then people start shopping more, and then businesses raise their prices more, and oops, guess what? That money isn't worth crap anymore. So then you raise it again....it eventually will collapse.

Seriously, this is the most basic of economics...for one who says they studied it, I would hope that you understood at least part of it.

What you FAIL to understand is that there are many economies in this country.

What you have also FAILED to answer is my question that I posed to you, several times: In those areas where $24,000 would allow people to live a comfy life, what is their incentive to continue to work and put back in to the system?

You've been dancing around that question for an entire day...how about you answer it now?

Old 03-29-2014, 10:59 AM

41,815 posts, read 50,883,218 times
Quote:
Those homes are only cheap because they're in the middle of no where.
There is plenty of people that would love to live an area like that. That said you have to live within your means and if you can only afford the home in the middle of no where that's what you buy.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:01 AM

79,907 posts, read 43,992,125 times
It isn't going to happen so I don't know why people even bother.

Nobody is going to work to help support a lazy class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies