Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 12:37 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,447,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Huh? Whatever, and why would blacks suddenly start supporting a party that is a well-known safe harbor for racists? I'm not black, but the deep seated hatred for blacks, and other minorities, within the rank-and-file of the GOP is the primary reason why I switched over to the Dems
Hmmm ... I guess you forgot about how the Southern Dims of the first half + of the twentieth century LOVED the blacks. By the way, just which party brought about the civil rights legislation of the 1960's? Anyone out there remember which political party MLK belonged to?

Seems to me that your first question is valid ... if you are interested in facts.

El Nox
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2014, 12:57 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Huh? Whatever, and why would blacks suddenly start supporting a party that is a well-known safe harbor for racists? I'm not black, but the deep seated hatred for blacks, and other minorities, within the rank-and-file of the GOP is the primary reason why I switched over to the Dems
You’ve essentially served to assistant anyway in disenfranchising yourself because you told one party you want nothing to do with them, and you’ve told the other party they don’t have to work for your vote. So neither side is working for you.

And as a result, they cater to other people because one side knows you’re not going anywhere and the other side knows they’re going to have your support anyway.

ESPN's Stephen A. Smith to Black Community: Don't Let Democrats Take Your Vote for Granted

Old 04-02-2014, 01:00 AM

Why Americans think blacks vote Democrat

Old 04-03-2014, 11:36 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Why Americans think blacks vote Democrat
Am i supposed to care what Republicans, Independents, or anyone else thinks about why i cast my vote the way i do?

Because in case you didn't know....i don't. Neither do most black people i know.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:41 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,459,658 times
So all hell breaking loose just seems to mean someone had the gall to disagree with the conservative.

While the OP seems to spend day after day liberal bashing like it's his purpose in life.

Old 04-03-2014, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Am i supposed to care what Republicans, Independents, or anyone else thinks about why i cast my vote the way i do?

Because in case you didn't know....i don't. Neither do most black people i know.
93% of black vote democrat but I don't care, you are the people "STILL" moaning and bitching. Like I said, you’ve told the other party you'll vote for them by default and they don’t have to work for your vote. You've told the other party they will never get your vote. So neither side is working for you.

Smooth move lol

Old 04-03-2014, 12:35 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Default So...

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Raffi Williams was in a discussion on Twitter with an Ebony magazine staffer, when she referred to him as a “white boy,” essentially dismissing him as not being worthy of conversation [as a black man] with her.

Kobe Bryant saying that he doesn’t agree with siding with Trayvon Martin just because he is black, and all hell broke loose on the Left.

Dr. Ben Carson is one of the best black success stories in America; yet for the Left, when Dr. Carson dared disagree with Obama’s policies, all hell broke loose again.

Keeping black people in what the Left deems is black people’s place is what the Left does, and we act as if we expect them to have suddenly changed. Why would it?

Bottom line, blacks, know your place! Democrats own you.

Ebony Magazine editor defines blackness of RNC's Raffi Williams

... the daily phony outrage generator on the fritz today?

Old 04-03-2014, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
... the daily phony outrage generator on the fritz today?

wow, is that all you got? My post is below. Sorry, no outrage but you should think about it.

93% of black vote democrat but I don't care, you are the people "STILL" moaning and bitching. Like I said, you’ve told the other party you'll vote for them by default and they don’t have to work for your vote. You've told the other party they will never get your vote. So neither side is working for you.

Old 04-03-2014, 04:19 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
" why would blacks suddenly start supporting a party that is a well-known safe harbor for racists?"

I was going to reply when I discovered you were NOT talking about Sen. KKK Byrd. Sorry!

Old 04-03-2014, 05:03 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
For us Democrats, a "blacks" place is in the White House.
Only to assuage your white guilt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies