Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we stop fluoridation of public drinking water?
Yes 43 56.58%
No Please explain why 37 48.68%
Other Explain 0 0%
Welcome to Costco I love you 2 2.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 08:33 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
I really don't think you are being objective. You are very quick to believe studies that show Fluoride is a magic cure for teeth, but you do not believe
Quote:
Harvard studies (and others) that show it to lower IQs, cause autism and cancer
and calcify our pineal gland (which is the scariest effect IMO).
Fluoride is a dangerous toxin and I cannot believe how most people don't care that our population is being mass-medicated with it-effects working?

I have a reverse osmosis filter system (which is really the only way to remove fluoride from the water).
Even if you boil water, the fluoride becomes more concentrated.

And this is not natural fluoride they are pumping into the public drinking water, it is industrial waste from processing aluminum.
There is no proof of any of this, and the pineal gland calcifies regardless of the presents of fluoride or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2014, 08:38 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
There is no proof of any of this, and the pineal gland calcifies regardless of the presents of fluoride or not.
The whole "science is settled" claim. Why not let people decide for themselves, just in case the "experts" are wrong?

Old 03-29-2014, 08:48 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
The whole "science is settled" claim. Why not let people decide for themselves, just in case the "experts" are wrong?
I agree, but I would be more worried about the other crap they put in our water, such as corrosion inhibitors. Read your annual water report to see the additives.

Old 03-29-2014, 08:59 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
If you really like rotted teeth or just prefer dentures by all means avoid fluoridated water.

Old 03-29-2014, 09:04 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
If you really like rotted teeth or just prefer dentures by all means avoid fluoridated water.
Yeah all the people who have switched to safe bottled water have teeth falling out of their mouths. Try practicing good hygiene and proper diet.

Old 03-29-2014, 09:09 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,934,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Yeah all the people who have switched to safe bottled water have teeth falling out of their mouths. Try practicing good hygiene and proper diet.
Exactly-such propaganda. I grew up with fluorided tap water but that didn't stop my soft teeth from having 6+ cavities as a child. I am 27 and have had reverse osmosis water for years and haven't had a cavity since I was an adolescent.

And for people quoting dental history studies and natural fluoride-it is not the same thing, we pump industrial waste fluoride in our water.

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 03-29-2014 at 09:24 AM..

Old 03-29-2014, 09:49 AM

2,886 posts, read 5,823,105 times
Yes, our drinking water is full of chemicals but if it didn't we would have other much more serious problems. I rather drink the water out of my faucet than the water from most other countries. Fluoride has never been linked to any negative health risks. Thanks to fluoride we suffer from less tooth decay than probably any other country. I have never been a fan of bottled water, to me most tap water is fine, besides most bottled water comes from the same water source, it is just filtered.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:19 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,974,080 times
So, are you going to purchase Reverse Osmosis filtration systems for those localities in the United States where there is NATURAL fluoride in the water?
How about those localities that have naturally occurring ARSENIC in the water?
How about those localities where there is naturally occurring alkali in the water? (I hear that heart burn is not a common problem in those localities!)

"Pure" drinking water is a myth. It just does not exist in Nature. Where it does exist, it is artificially created, and even then it is not truly "pure". Even rain water is not truly "pure".

Old 03-29-2014, 10:25 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,974,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
I really don't think you are being objective. You are very quick to believe studies that show Fluoride is a magic cure for teeth, but you do not believe Harvard studies (and others) that show it to lower IQs, cause autism and cancer and calcify our pineal gland (which is the scariest effect IMO).

Fluoride is a dangerous toxin and I cannot believe how most people don't care that our population is being mass-medicated with it-effects working?

I have a reverse osmosis filter system (which is really the only way to remove fluoride from the water).
Even if you boil water, the fluoride becomes more concentrated.

And this is not natural fluoride they are pumping into the public drinking water, it is industrial waste from processing aluminum.
Perhaps you should read THIS:
CDC - Water Fluoridation Additives - Engineering Fact Sheet - Community Water Fluoridation - Oral Health

Old 03-29-2014, 11:07 AM

15,089 posts, read 8,631,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Should we stop fluoridation of public drinking water?

With most nations banning it for a number of reasons(harming effects on the brain and reproduction)
Fluoridation status of some countries

Please for those who say we should not, please make the case why those who do not want their water contaminated should have to drink water that many other nations have called unsafe.

For those who see this as what it is, public poisoning, who do we stop it?
If not for the poll skew from the welcome to Costco answer ... sadly, more than 50 % believe fluoridation should continue.

This shows that the program is working nicely, and exactly as planned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies