Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 01:02 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times

Advertisements

The government is still investigating that radiation leak in New Mexico that occurred last month.
13-14 workers got exposed.

Contamination did escape and radiation spiked in and around the lab but government said the levels were low and posed no danger.

Living near the Love Canal was "safe" too or so the government told everyone. Remember that ?

Old 03-29-2014, 01:19 PM

15,089 posts, read 8,631,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Again ... you are implying that the people who make up our government would intentionally ignore the health and safety of their own[/u] family and friends, by allowing dangerous food to be sold here in the U.S.?
So, you were either born yesterday, in which case I marvel at the ability to use a computer at such a tender young age, or you are a full blown diet coke junky, suffering aspartame poisoning.

The task of finding food containing substances dangerous to your health is about as difficult as finding sand at the beach! The tough task is finding food that doesn't pose health dangers.

Quote:

Sorry ... but I don't believe this even for a minute.

And I'm not into your "survivalist" way of life.

I don't stockpile food.

I simply rely on current news if there are any safety issues about foods to avoid.
Some of the people that make up our government believe that if you put too many people on one side of an island, it could cause the island to flip over. Then there are others that are just plain evil.

But relying on the news for news may seem to be a reasonable thing to do, but that congressman who thinks islands can flip over thought the same thing about his concerns.

Old 03-29-2014, 01:22 PM

15,089 posts, read 8,631,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The government is still investigating that radiation leak in New Mexico that occurred last month.
13-14 workers got exposed.

Contamination did escape and radiation spiked in and around the lab but government said the levels were low and posed no danger.

Living near the Love Canal was "safe" too or so the government told everyone. Remember that ?
That's what the Navy told those sailors on the aircraft carrier parked off the coast of Japan .... don't worry about the radiation, we wouldn't expose you boys to danger ... that was just before many of them started losing bowel control, and passing out.

The US Navy really loves their family too.

Old 03-29-2014, 01:27 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,316,613 times
Quote:
Nope. Not worried.

If there is something serious I should be concerned about, it will be reported on the local and/or national news.

And then I will react as necessary.
Awesome nothing like knowing ahead of time to and waiting to till after it happens

Old 03-29-2014, 01:51 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,984,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
Awesome nothing like knowing ahead of time to and waiting to till after it happens
Sorry ... but there are simply too many "tin-foil hat" wearing people on these forums.

They are paranoid about every little thing.

To them, the government is evil. News agencies are evil. Businesses are evil.

They believe everything that radio host Alex Jones / Infowars.com says, with all of his wacky conspiracy theories.

Well ... they can worry all they want.

As for me, I will wait until actual scientists express concern about issues on major news networks such as CNN.

Old 03-29-2014, 02:25 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,868,942 times
Quote:

As for me, I will wait until actual scientists express concern about issues on major news networks such as CNN.
Has there been talk about allowing them to do so?

Old 03-29-2014, 03:47 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,316,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
That's what the Navy told those sailors on the aircraft carrier parked off the coast of Japan .... don't worry about the radiation, we wouldn't expose you boys to danger ... that was just before many of them started losing bowel control, and passing out.

The US Navy really loves their family too.
Yeah the Castle bravo test at Biki atoll was also used to used and monitor the effects of radiation on the sailors that took part and well they miscalculated the effects of lithium 7 which caused the 5-6MT detonation to become a 15MT.

The Deadly Miscalculation at Castle Bravo (HD) - YouTube

Plus we really blew put a lot of craters in the sand at the Yucca Flat Nevada Test Site after the Castle bravo and soviet Tsar bomb that were getting to the point that we were pushing the limits of radioactive fallout but anyone that was born after and during the testing we all have been exposed to higher levels radioactive fallout to some degree.

Last edited by GTOlover; 03-29-2014 at 04:02 PM..

Old 03-29-2014, 05:52 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:
Nope. Not worried.

If there is something serious I should be concerned about, it will be reported on the local and/or national news.

And then I will react as necessary.
That is exactly what those in power want you to do. If word got out too soon that something was seriously wrong, people would stop going to work and stop paying bills and quite possibly, rise up. The economic system would collapse and angry citizens would demand action or overthrow of their leaders. If people don't know that they are being radiated and poisoned, it's better for the economy, better for the 1% and better for the government. You are doing exactly what you have been expected to do by trusting the media and the government to keep you "safe" and "informed". Good job.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:54 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,984,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
That is exactly what those in power want you to do. If word got out too soon that something was seriously wrong, people would stop going to work and stop paying bills and quite possibly, rise up. The economic system would collapse and angry citizens would demand action or overthrow of their leaders. If people don't know that they are being radiated and poisoned, it's better for the economy, better for the 1% and better for the government. You are doing exactly what you have been expected to do by trusting the media and the government to keep you "safe" and "informed". Good job.

Yes .... I fully understand what you mean ....

Old 03-29-2014, 08:01 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:
Yes .... I fully understand what you mean ....
Just because you don't understand what people are trying to tell you, does not mean that those people are crazy.

Last edited by MissTerri; 03-29-2014 at 08:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies