Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 04:08 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
That's a reflection of how poorly a multi-cultural society functions. Why can't somebody that isn't Black address Black issues without them being called a racist? Are Black people not a part of America? Are Black problems not American problems?

Saying that only Black people have permission to talk about these issues is just an admission that our society is broken.
The real issue for liberals isn't that he is white, but that he is a conservative.

They consider inner city issues to belong to them, and get offended if a Republican dares talk about them, especially since GOP solutions would actually work, whereas liberal "solutions" have been abject failures.

If a white liberal had said the same thing, this wouldn't be news, because the media would cover it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2014, 04:16 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The real issue for liberals isn't that he is white, but that he is a conservative.

They consider inner city issues to belong to them, and get offended if a Republican dares talk about them, especially since GOP solutions would actually work, whereas liberal "solutions" have been abject failures.

If a white liberal had said the same thing, this wouldn't be news, because the media would cover it up.
You keep saying that, yet the majority of African Americans in this nation live in red or Purple states, not blue ones.

More black people live in Mississippi than the entirety of New England ( Maine, Connecticut, Massachusetts,Vermont, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island)

They have been living by the conservative economics you have been preaching and it has failed.

Old 03-29-2014, 04:22 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
More black people live in Mississippi than the entirety of New England ( Maine, Connecticut, Massachusetts,Vermont, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island)
How many communities with inner cities exist in Mississippi?

Jackson, Biloxi - maybe Hattiesburg?

Brilliant - you pick a largely rural state to make an argument about inner city solutions, and ignore deep blue states with multiple municiplaities with inner cities such as New York, California, and Massachusetts.

Old 03-29-2014, 04:29 PM

Quote:
How many communities with inner cities exist in Mississippi?

Jackson, Biloxi - maybe Hattiesburg?

Brilliant - you pick a largely rural state to make an argument about inner city solutions, and ignore deep blue states with multiple municiplaities with inner cities such as New York, California, and Massachusetts.
Ok, Texas has 3 times as many black people as the entirely of New England. Texas has 4 of the 11 most populous cities in this nation. (Houston#4, San Antonio#7, Dallas #9, Austin#11)

Is that a better comparison ??? Florida has entire GOP control as well and has even more black people than Texas, should i use them, how about Georgia ?

Update:

New York has the largest population of African Americans in the nation,3,073,000 (80,000 more than Florida), but the next 3 states behind them are all red or purple states.

Massachusetts, is like 21st in black population(434,000). Kind of proving my point arent you ??

Old 03-29-2014, 04:36 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,697 times
Quote:

Please give me one example of conservative policies that has actually "worked" in fixing problems in the Black community, with the qualification for working being that Blacks had reached parity with Whites.

I don't think that anything, liberal or conservative, has worked. All conservative policies can do is make Black problems not as bad.

Old 03-29-2014, 04:39 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,095,872 times
Quote:

And what solution did Ryan actually propose?

Old 03-29-2014, 04:42 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,210,320 times
Bill Maher fools guests with 'racist' quote that was actually from Michelle Obama

No such thing as a racist quote, quotes and words are not racist, words are just letters bunched together

it's the person saying it who is racist.

Old 03-29-2014, 05:10 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mauher
Is something less true if a white person says it about black people?
I'm kinda surprised since Bill typically is all about towing the Democrat party line. This actually cuts straight to heart of one of the biggest race issues in America: Blacks have been conditioned to see racism everywhere and in everything that whites or other non-blacks say.

True racism still exists. Police continue to racially profile and harass blacks just for being black. Juries will continue to be more likely to assume guilt of a black defendant than a white one. But I've got to admit that I'm sick and tired of needing to double-check everything I say and ask myself in the presence of a black person. I'm constantly having to ask myself "Is there any chance at all that any of that statement be construed as racist?" "If I talk to a stranger who is blck, will that somehow confirm that I'm a racist? Will it be interpreted as me trying to hard, in order to mask my 'racism' that I don't actually have? Will it be worse if I don't talk to them?"

Blacks seeing racism everywhere, both real and imagined, only further postpones the day when we end racism altogether. Forcing non-blacks doing mental acrobatics every time they say anything in the presence of blacks leads to resentment and helps create racism in people who weren't racist at all. Our uber-paranoid culture surrounding racism only makes matters worse, not better.

Old 03-29-2014, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I'm kinda surprised since Bill typically is all about towing the Democrat party line. This actually cuts straight to heart of one of the biggest race issues in America: Blacks have been conditioned to see racism everywhere and in everything that whites or other non-blacks say.

True racism still exists. Police continue to racially profile and harass blacks just for being black. Juries will continue to be more likely to assume guilt of a black defendant than a white one. But I've got to admit that I'm sick and tired of needing to double-check everything I say and ask myself in the presence of a black person. I'm constantly having to ask myself "Is there any chance at all that any of that statement be construed as racist?" "If I talk to a stranger who is blck, will that somehow confirm that I'm a racist? Will it be interpreted as me trying to hard, in order to mask my 'racism' that I don't actually have? Will it be worse if I don't talk to them?"

Blacks seeing racism everywhere, both real and imagined, only further postpones the day when we end racism altogether. Forcing non-blacks doing mental acrobatics every time they say anything in the presence of blacks leads to resentment and helps create racism in people who weren't racist at all. Our uber-paranoid culture surrounding racism only makes matters worse, not better.
The problem with this statement is that Paul Ryan and Michele Obama didnt say the same thing. Bill Maher made a false equivalency.

Ryan said people in the inner city had a culture of Laziness, Michele Obama simply said they should want to be businessmen instead of rappers.

Which to be honest,really inst a good argument on her part. Even bad rappers can make a nice amount of money doing club shows.

Old 03-29-2014, 06:53 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Maybe the difference is when somebody like white bread Midwest Paul Ryan says it, it seems condescending. Whereas African Americans like Obama or Bill Cosby are in a much better position to make comments about the problems faced by those in the inner city. Sometimes the messenger makes all the difference. That isn't necessarily a bad thing.
That's like saying it's OK to rape your daughter because you're keeping it in the family.

FAIL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies