Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Mr. Horn get life in prison for defending himself against two illegal alien criminals??
YES, he should get life in prison. 18 17.31%
NO, he should be set free! He had a right to personal safety. 77 74.04%
I do not know / Not sure 9 8.65%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 11:05 AM

1,281 posts, read 2,366,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
"some lunatic with a gun"

Seems you are not even willing to follow your own speech about a trial in a court of law !
So in other words you dont want to actually contest the substance of my statement that the situations regarding the state putting someone to death an Mr Horns actions were not similar at all?

Old 12-18-2007, 11:05 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,770,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
It takes more then seven minutes to burglarize a home..
You have to be joking ! They were out of the house before the police ever got there.. If it had taken more than 7 minutes to burglarize the house they would have still been inside when the police got there. Mr. Horn was on the phone with Pasadena police for more than seven minutes.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
So in other words you dont want to actually contest the substance of my statement that the situations regarding the state putting someone to death an Mr Horns actions were not similar at all?
I will never agree with anyone the supports a criminal...over some trying to stop a criminal..

Old 12-18-2007, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
He defended himself and killed the burglars. I fail to see where he is guilty of murder. He did not kill these people because they were burglars he killed them because they were threatening him. What is the problem with this?
Can you give a situation where an unarmed person running away from you is considered a threatening act? Horn shot the second suspect who was running away from him in the back after he had already shot the first suspect, in the back. That’s not self-defense, that’s murder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Citizens not only have a right to protect themselves, their families and their neighbors from criminal actions, they have a duty to do so. We all do. We also need to be protected by the law for doing our duty.
If you’re saying each person has a duty to protect their neighbor, then in effect you’re stating that any person can sue a neighbor if they have been robbed or burglarized for negligence since they breached that duty.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Can you give a situation where an unarmed person running away from you is considered a threatening act? Horn shot the second suspect who was running away from him in the back after he had already shot the first suspect, in the back. That’s not self-defense, that’s murder.

If you’re saying each person has a duty to protect their neighbor, then in effect you’re stating that any person can sue a neighbor if they have been robbed or burglarized for negligence since they breached that duty.
You sure come up with a lot of "What If's"

Old 12-18-2007, 11:16 AM

Quote:
I will never agree with anyone the supports a criminal...over some trying to stop a criminal..
I understand, you want to overlook details and pertinent information relevant to a case to support your belief that an armed person shooting unarmed suspects, who were burglarizing another persons property, in the back and killing them is not guilty of murder. Well you have that right to believe in what you want.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:18 AM

Quote:
I understand, you want to overlook details and pertinent information relevant to a case to support your belief that an armed person shooting unarmed suspects, who were burglarizing another persons property, in the back and killing them is not guilty of murder. Well you have that right to believe in what you want.
No the difference between you and I is that I am willing to let the legal system work this out where you are convicting him here on city data....That's the difference.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:19 AM

Quote:
You sure come up with a lot of "What If's"
And you come up with a lot of peculiar defenses that wont work in the real world. Besides, the “what if” was an actual situation, if you had read the note, you would see I described the situation in which horn shot two suspects in the back and asked the poster to name a situation where shooting unarmed people in the back is considered self-defense. That’s not a what-if, that’s asking for information on situations that are similar to this one.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:24 AM

Quote:
And you come up with a lot of peculiar defenses that wont work in the real world. Besides, the “what if” was an actual situation, if you had read the note, you would see I described the situation in which horn shot two suspects in the back and asked the poster to name a situation where shooting unarmed people in the back is considered self-defense. That’s not a what-if, that’s asking for information on situations that are similar to this one.
I think I was just adding something that might be used as a defense...I never said if it was a legal defense or not. And I never knew one to be alot.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:28 AM

Quote:
No the difference between you and I is that I am willing to let the legal system work this out.
No, the difference is you’ve given the living person the benefit of the doubt but the two dead suspects don’t get that same benefit. If you were actually for the legal system working it out, you would have wanted Horn not to act as police were already on the scene and the system would have adjudicated this case with two living burglary suspects. Instead you consider them guilty and approve their death sentence without any involvement of the legal system.

Quote:
you are convicting him here on city data....That's the difference.
From what I’ve read on the case, outside of city-data, he doesn’t look innocent to me. Let’s see, from the transcripts he seems irritated, then he arms himself and against advice from the 911 dispatcher he goes out and confronts two suspects who were burglarizing another persons property, from the undercover officer on the scene and the preliminary autopsy report, both suspects were shot in the back and one was shot while actively running AWAY from horn. Based on that info, he sounds guilty to me of murder, not self defense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies