Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2014, 04:32 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Not as hard as we're laughing at you guys, desperately trying to spin the support Americans have for the ACA into something negative. I really want to thank Ted Cruz for asking the question and for the thousands of Americans who responded.
That's funny. You need to tell all the Democrats running this year for reelection.
They are running like crazy from Ocare and telling everyone they want to "Reform" this monster.

If there was support don't you think there would be people beating down the door to enroll. Not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2014, 04:34 PM

3,599 posts, read 6,783,818 times
Quote:
I'm self-employed. I pay plenty in taxes AND I don't get employer subsidized health insurance like those who get their insurance on the job. Sounds to me like it's you who expects others to pay more.

Well then, there's no problem, is there?

Not as hard as we're laughing at you guys, desperately trying to spin the support Americans have for the ACA into something negative. I really want to thank Ted Cruz for asking the question and for the thousands of Americans who responded.
If you are self employed and favoring the ACA you must be one or more of the following:

1. Over age 40
2. Make less than 400% of poverty
3. Had prior pre existing condition.

Cause everyone else in my case under age 40 without any medical problems making over 400% of poverty is getting raped by the ACA.

Old 03-31-2014, 04:45 PM

5 posts, read 3,421 times
Can anybody explain to me what exactly is "affordable" about Obama Care?

Old 03-31-2014, 04:51 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
I'm self-employed. I pay plenty in taxes AND I don't get employer subsidized health insurance like those who get their insurance on the job. Sounds to me like it's you who expects others to pay more.
Once again, an employer offered medical insurance is NOT a subsidy..

dishonesty
Quote:
Well then, there's no problem, is there?
Unless of course you want to claim these people are newly insured folks, which they arent..

dishonesty
Quote:
Then why are so many ready to abandon it?

Thats right dishonesty

Note the pattern. Care to explain why the polls show it at record lows? You havent explained this one yet.. please share

Old 03-31-2014, 05:03 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Here's what I want to know:

When they are counting those people in poverty level, are they including the amount they get for EIC, or for any welfare program that they might be on? Is that included as "income" since, really, it IS income for them?

http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/13poverty.cfm

If someone is getting EIC, and someone is getting welfare, and, according to some people, it doesn't mean they aren't working, they are getting welfare while working, then is all of that added up to give us their total annual income?

If not, why not?

Why do I keep seeing people saying that some people bringing in welfare are making anywhere from $30-50,000 a year? If they are, then should they be getting any subsidies?

If so, then do we know the actual numbers of those who are making $11,000 a year as a single person, or $15,500 as a couple? I can't find those numbers.

Old 03-31-2014, 05:07 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Once again, an employer offered medical insurance is NOT a subsidy..
Your 'Private' Health Insurance Is Really A Government Program - Business Insider

The huge health-care subsidy everyone is ignoring

Quote:
Unless of course you want to claim these people are newly insured folks, which they arent.. dishonesty
Well, let's talk a bit about dishonesty. I was responding to when you said this:

Quote:
And those who LOST insurance? Oh they dont matter, they can just get sick and DIE
I never claimed they were newly insured, I said that they could get insurance on the exchanges if they lost their employer based insurance, and you agreed.

Quote:
Then why are so many ready to abandon it?
Who is abandoning it? Read Cruz's Facebook page. Doesn't sound like people are abandoning it to me.

Old 03-31-2014, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Your 'Private' Health Insurance Is Really A Government Program - Business Insider

The huge health-care subsidy everyone is ignoring

Well, let's talk a bit about dishonesty. I was responding to when you said this:

I never claimed they were newly insured, I said that they could get insurance on the exchanges if they lost their employer based insurance, and you agreed.

Who is abandoning it? Read Cruz's Facebook page. Doesn't sound like people are abandoning it to me.
The employer "subsidy" is really part of the employment perk.

The govt "subsidy" is a free giveaway obtained with or workout working.

You stop working for employer your health "subsidy ends"

Your govt freebie is entitlement that continues if or if you stop working.

Old 03-31-2014, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Here's what I want to know:

When they are counting those people in poverty level, are they including the amount they get for EIC, or for any welfare program that they might be on? Is that included as "income" since, really, it IS income for them?

http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/13poverty.cfm

If someone is getting EIC, and someone is getting welfare, and, according to some people, it doesn't mean they aren't working, they are getting welfare while working, then is all of that added up to give us their total annual income?

If not, why not?

Why do I keep seeing people saying that some people bringing in welfare are making anywhere from $30-50,000 a year? If they are, then should they be getting any subsidies?

If so, then do we know the actual numbers of those who are making $11,000 a year as a single person, or $15,500 as a couple? I can't find those numbers.
Do you realize Pelosi and Reid and Obama worked the law where if someone doesn't have insurance and supposed to pay the penalty. And if any of their "refund" is from earn income tax credit. Obama Reid Pelosi wrote into the law that the IRS cannot automatically take the refund as part of the penalty for not having insurance.

Yet if someone is actually paying federal taxes and doesn't have insurance and due a refund. Obama/Reid/Pelosi authorized the ACA and the Irs to withhold the refund as payment for the penalty for not having Heath care.

Old 03-31-2014, 05:24 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
It's so the government can get that extra money and live up to their reputation of protecting that middle class.

Old 03-31-2014, 05:25 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
Do you realize Pelosi and Reid and Obama worked the law where if someone doesn't have insurance and supposed to pay the penalty. And if any of their "refund" is from earn income tax credit. Obama Reid Pelosi wrote into the law that the IRS cannot automatically take the refund as part of the penalty for not having insurance.

Yet if someone is actually paying federal taxes and doesn't have insurance and due a refund. Obama/Reid/Pelosi authorized the ACA and the Irs to withhold the refund as payment for the penalty for not having Heath care.
Okay, but that doesn't answer my question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies