Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2014, 09:20 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,992,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
You are confusing two different numbers.
No I'm not.. i'm trying to show your pos numbers for what they are..

At this point, I just want to know how long you are going to continue the comedy..

Democratic voters like you have made me understand why the Democrats take their base for granted..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2014, 09:24 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,284,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You said it was projected to rise by $5,000 by 2012..

WHO SAID SUCH A THING?

He even said employers could give YOU A PAY RAISE with all of the SAVINGS.

How does costs rise $2500, and the employer still give you a pay raise with savings that actually costs more?

Every time I read one of your responses, i feel brain cells in my head dying..
LOL, I didn't say anything, and that was an "example" from the article I linked to. It was an example to explain something complex in simpler terms.

So no the projected savings were not based on one year.

Theoretically, if your healthcare costs are going up at this rate and employers to some extent are absorbing those increases by paying more of an employee's compensation into healthcare, if healthcare costs grow more slowly then instead of shifting more of the employee's compensation into health insurance, the employee could shift the savings due to the slower rate of growth into employee salaries.

Old 03-31-2014, 09:26 PM

Quote:
No I'm not.. i'm trying to show your pos numbers for what they are..

At this point, I just want to know how long you are going to continue the comedy..

Democratic voters like you have made me understand why the Democrats take their base for granted..
First, they aren't my numbers. The numbers come from the RAND corporation.

And you are still confusing two different numbers.

Old 03-31-2014, 09:27 PM

Quote:
LOL, I didn't say anything, and that was an "example" from the article I linked to. It was an example to explain something complex in simpler terms.

So no the projected savings were not based on one year.

Theoretically, if your healthcare costs are going up at this rate and employers to some extent are absorbing those increases by paying more of an employee's compensation into healthcare, if healthcare costs grow more slowly then instead of shifting more of the employee's compensation into health insurance, the employee could shift the savings due to the slower rate of growth into employee salaries.
You are citing it as the truth, so YOU need to be able to back it up..

Once again, how does an employer give people pay raises with savings that actally costs $2500 MORE a year?

Come on, you are the one claiming he didnt lie, so tell me how...

thearetically, if things cost more, IT COSTS MORE, and thus you have less money to spend on things like giving pay raises.

Old 03-31-2014, 09:28 PM

30,227 posts, read 23,643,056 times
Quote:
Reality is clearly irrelevant to conservatives on this issue. Smh
Oh, so you know every single one of those peoples political affiliation?

The fact is, you didn't even look at any of them. I know that for a fact because I did, and it took much longer to look through them all than it did you to respond to my post with an attack.

You've been debunked repeatedly tonight, and it would be in your best interest to actually listen to people, who I'm going to bet some of them are indeed Dems, and I'm going to bet, some of them voted for that clown in the WH, and hear what they have to say.

You want to sit there and say that NO ONE is paying more, I've given you links to view, and read, to hear it straight from the peoples mouths, not a news anchor, THE ACTUAL PEOPLE who were hit with their new healthcare amounts.

All you are doing is showing everyone how dishonest you are.

Old 03-31-2014, 09:28 PM

Quote:
First, they aren't my numbers. The numbers come from the RAND corporation.

And you are still confusing two different numbers.
I dont give a **** where the numbers come from.. POS numbers are POS numbers..

Why do you keep citing figures and claiming they are true, and then when called on it, you start getting all defensive and claiming they arent your numbers.

I know dam well they arent your numbers .. I also know they just pulled them out of their ass...

Old 03-31-2014, 09:32 PM

Quote:
You are citing it as the truth, so YOU need to be able to back it up..

Once again, how does an employer give people pay raises with savings that actally costs $2500 MORE a year?

Come on, you are the one claiming he didnt lie, so tell me how...

thearetically, if things cost more, IT COSTS MORE, and thus you have less money to spend on things like giving pay raises.
Back what up?

Again, this is very simple every year employers have to absorb the cost increases of health care, they are going to spending this money anyway, they do this by shifting more employee compensation from income into health care. If the costs of health care slow done and the rate of growth of health insurance slows, then that slower rate of growth instead of being plowed into health insurance can go to employee salaries.

I said that the $2,500 claim has a basis in a specific policy that is about slowing down the growth of healthcare over a number of years. That is where the claim is all about. Obama's sloppy campaign language notwithstanding.

Old 03-31-2014, 09:34 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,253,323 times
what the admin does not grasp, young america wants it free and first class. has always gotten it on those terms and does not want to change now.

Old 03-31-2014, 09:35 PM

Quote:
I dont give a **** where the numbers come from.. POS numbers are POS numbers..

Why do you keep citing figures and claiming they are true, and then when called on it, you start getting all defensive and claiming they arent your numbers.

I know dam well they arent your numbers .. I also know they just pulled them out of their ass...
You aren't calling me on anything. First they aren't my numbers, and secondly you keep confusing two different numbers and you can't see it. I guess I could have explained your error, but why? LOL

Old 03-31-2014, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Back what up?

Again, this is very simple every year employers have to absorb the cost increases of health care, they are going to spending this money anyway, they do this by shifting more employee compensation from income into health care. If the costs of health care slow done and the rate of growth of health insurance slows, then that slower rate of growth instead of being plowed into health insurance can go to employee salaries.

I said that the $2,500 claim has a basis in a specific policy that is about slowing down the growth of healthcare over a number of years. That is where the claim is all about. Obama's sloppy campaign language notwithstanding.
Once again, how does an employer give people pay raises with the $2500 in savings, that according to you, (and your bs sources), actually involved prices that were HIGHER than when they started.

I want FACTS.. As a business owner, I'd love to know how to afford to give my employees pay raises while paying more for expenses...

Please provide me with your inciteful knowledge I can put to use..

If you cant with FACTS, then I'll call it what it is, just a pathetic attempt to justify Obamas LIES..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies