Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2014, 06:56 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
It's rather difficult to get tired of hearing the truth when you don't tell the truth...
How does your post (below) have anything to do with my post?
Because you stated people would start enrolling thus reducing the cost.. My response, the CBO says 30,000,000 will go without insurance, thus NOT enrolling.

If you cant figure out how their related, then dont even begin to try to post this crap
Quote:
The statements in bold are a false representation of the ACA or a misunderstanding on your part, your pick.
Because thats not true either..

https://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs...on_733740.html

You dont like the figures, fine.. but you better have something more substantial than "you're wrong", because I sure in hell do.. The CBO said their correct, the very same group you guys cited came up with figures to push the POS ACA down our throats..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2014, 06:56 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Surely some will not pay, and will remain uninsured. The industry has reported their individual company unpaid as of now run rates vary from 20-50%. I've never seen an employer whose COBRA premiums are paid early, either, so my bet would be the 20-50% drops dramatically by the due date, with a small percentage not insured.

And it matters little, ACA is the law of the land. We need to hope it runs smoother all the time.

Most posters on CD discuss it as if it is not settled law. Wrong.

'Settled law' doesn't get postponed, delayed, revised, at the whim of a prez, any prez. With settled law, the employer mandate is already in effect, the non-compliant plans don't get extended for 3 years, the deadline is a deadline, etc..

Old 04-02-2014, 07:04 AM

1,074 posts, read 757,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
The Tea Party base has 52 million on Medicare, 10 million on Tricare, and 7 million on VA health care. Thats 70 million people drawing down 600 billion dollars in benefits. Tack on another 150 billion for Medicaid for seniors and you can see where the Tea Party at 750 billion is the clear winner to the 16 billion in ACA subsidies. Obama should have gone to the Tea Party to see how health care really works. Spend 750 billion and you will cover a lot more people.
You don't know what comprises the 'Tea Party' base. You (like the rest of the liberal know-nothings) assume that the 'Tea Party' are all retirees. The 'Tea Party' comprises people in all age groups (I know because I know many of them).

And by the way, people who have actually held jobs and worked for a living (unlike the "Occupy" crowd) have been paying into social security and medicare their entire lives. For me, that means since I was in high school and got my first summer job. So you can take your comment about people "drawing down" dollars in benefits and stick it up your you-know-what.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:06 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
The Tea Party base has 52 million on Medicare, 10 million on Tricare, and 7 million on VA health care. Thats 70 million people drawing down 600 billion dollars in benefits. Tack on another 150 billion for Medicaid for seniors and you can see where the Tea Party at 750 billion is the clear winner to the 16 billion in ACA subsidies. Obama should have gone to the Tea Party to see how health care really works. Spend 750 billion and you will cover a lot more people.

I really don't know what planet you're from or where you get our BS but you really have to look for another source! The total population of the US in 2012 was 313.9 million - now you already have the Tea Partiers as a quarter of the population. It is growing but I don't think it has grown that much.

If you think 10 million military personnal are Tea Partiers and on Tricare - than you pretty much have the whole military as being affiliated with the Tea Party group -

Not only that - but it is due to the ACA that even more will enroll in Tricare - thank the POTUS for that and for blowing you out of the water with your Tricare rants.

The U.S. Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, enacted in 2010, has provisions intended to make it easier for uninsured veterans to obtain coverage. Under the act, veterans with incomes at or below 138% of the Federal Poverty Line ($30,429 for a family of four in 2010) would qualify for coverage as of January 2014; this group constitutes nearly 50% of veterans who are currently uninsured. Another 40.1% of veterans and 49% of their families have incomes that qualify for new subsidies through health insurance exchanges with the PPACA

Old 04-02-2014, 07:08 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Which is where Democrats stupid enough to stay tied to this particular anchor are going to find themselves in a world of electoral hurt.
THIS is how much Americans want healthcare. In Texas, no less:

https://twitter.com/NerdyWonka/statu...710208/photo/1

Old 04-02-2014, 07:11 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,261,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Because you stated people would start enrolling thus reducing the cost.. My response, the CBO says 30,000,000 will go without insurance, thus NOT enrolling.

If you cant figure out how their related, then dont even begin to try to post this crap
If 55 million people are not enrolled now and 30 million are expected to not be enrolled in 2023 then you have an increase in enrollees, a 25 million increase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Because thats not true either..

https://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs...on_733740.html

You dont like the figures, fine.. but you better have something more substantial than "you're wrong", because I sure in hell do.. The CBO said their correct, the very same group you guys cited came up with figures to push the POS ACA down our throats..
You claimed that the uninsured are the only people paying a tax and the only tax group the ACA is relying on, which is false. Case in point, my dad's income tax, medicare tax, and investment tax are all going up to pay for your subsidies, but he is insured. My trust is also affected as well, but I also have insurance.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:20 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times
Who honestly believes anything this administration says? Who trusts what they do?

Old 04-02-2014, 07:21 AM

Quote:
If 55 million people are not enrolled now and 30 million are expected to not be enrolled in 2023 then you have an increase in enrollees, a 25 million increase.
There isnt 55 million people not enrolled now, you're pulling figures out of your ass.

The CBO said the figure was 40 million, of which 10 million of them are illegals and not counted.

Most 4th graders can subtract 10 million from from 40 million and be left with 30 million, the EXACT same number that will be uninsured.

You can pull whatever figures out of your ass you want to imagine there is an increase, but at the end of the day, its just $hit
Quote:
You claimed that the uninsured are the only people paying a tax and the only tax group the ACA is relying on, which is false. Case in point, my dad's income tax, medicare tax, and investment tax are all going up to pay for your subsidies, but he is insured. My trust is also affected as well, but I also have insurance.
If all of these taxes are going up, then how the hell is it more affordable? You are now arguing against your own premace..

And now you are paying taxes to insure a net increase of ZERO.. and you're applauding it.. yeah, thats why I"m laughing at you..

Old 04-02-2014, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
THIS is how much Americans want healthcare. In Texas, no less:

https://twitter.com/NerdyWonka/statu...710208/photo/1
haha, this is almost as funny as you using facebook as a source of news..

Now its twitter.. with an image of people standing outside of something, waiting for their handouts I presume..

HeyJude, if i take a photo of a black person dead in the street from a gunshot wound, and then post it, would you then cite it as evidence that all blacks have been killed?

no no no, wait.. according to you, all blacks are waiting in jail..

See look, there is a photo of it..

yeah, your postings are that dumb...

Old 04-02-2014, 07:29 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Who honestly believes anything this administration says? Who trusts what they do?
Waaah! They met their goal! Republicans promised me that wouldn't happen! Waaah!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies