Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 07:24 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,722,027 times

Advertisements

The simple answer is get most to vote Libertarian. But some would rather vote for a Hitler type as they want their vote to matter & feel it wouldn't if they voted for real freedom. Another is we have dropped out of top 25 countries in life expectancy, even though we spend the most. State law enforcers & pols say we must suffer unbearably & commit suicide if Docs & Big Pharma can't help us. If we can't take it anymore, just commit suicide, or move to another state and maybe never see friends & family again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingAndSettling View Post
Compulsory car and health insurance.

Hidden taxes on almost everything.

We are forced to deal with the IRS constantly, and they are definitely an oppressive and corrupt organization.

Property taxes

Constant surveillance of ALL our communications and actions. If you are doing something naughty in the privacy of your own bedroom. It is likely you are being watch by federal agents with infrared.

The federal reserve printing money like it's nothing, throwing hundreds of billions of dollars around and not enough being transparent about where it goes.

We are just getting shafted more and more. It seems like every couple years some expense or inconvenience is forced upon us.

When will it end? When will people say enough is enough and demand we clean up this system?

I guess as long as there are rich and powerful people profiting off this corrupt system, they will keep it going.

America... It used to be the land of the free. Now it is simply the land of $$$$$. That's all it's really about anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2014, 07:29 PM

The future may be those small drones that can take pictures & drop small weapons.

Why does the Drug Enforcement Administration monitor all 4 billion of our phone calls each day, because cannabis users will likely live longer & in better health, or???

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Please.

Your phone calls, email...sure. your home? Nope. Paranoia may be a issue for you.

Theres not enough manpower or computer power, your fantasy is unrealistic.

If you want to complain about stuff, focus on the phone and email.

Old 03-31-2014, 07:29 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingAndSettling View Post
The computer power is definitely capable of doing this. Computers have been able to do this for a while now. It's not enough really high tech, it's pretty simple technology to spy on people.

According to Wikipedia. The US intelligence community has 854,000 people who hold top secret clearance. That's ALMOST A MILLION PEOPLE WATCHING US. That's an immense amount of manpower, that's about 1/300th of the US population. There's a lot they can do.
LOL. Wow.

Uhmm.. lots of people hold top secret clearance, the vast majority of them have nothing to do with surveillance. You DO realize that right?

And no, the processing power just isn't there yet. phones, and email sure, but not much that isn't text or voice.

Now 10-20 years from now...then its there.

Old 03-31-2014, 07:36 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,588,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I know man those f'n cats are always staring at me too. they probably want me to feed them.
That's why the cat stares and stares and stares. Here I thought he adored me. Damn!

Old 03-31-2014, 07:50 PM

How many countries have you researched? We have 5 times as many locked up as average country, due to war on drugs (war on life-can't legally have a plant with over 200 uses & no deaths). Foreign wars are just an excuse for mass killings for megabillions. We're 2nd highest after China in pollution. We've dropped our of top 25 countries in life expectancy. We have 85,000 toxins approved for our air, soil, food & water. What kind of govt-corp alliance could care less than the 1 we've got?

If only people realized most Dems & Reps get paid to do things that harm most, we could have Green Party, & Libetarian Party the 2 biggest parties, & not for sale to highest bidder. Best wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
Even with all of that . . . There no other place that I would rather live.

Old 03-31-2014, 09:07 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,406,698 times
If anyone doesn't like the way this place is run they can vote accordingly or get the hell out.

If this is such a bad place to be, why does anyone live here?

Old 03-31-2014, 09:23 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
due to war on drugs (war on life-can't legally have a plant with over 200 uses & no deaths).
Not true! I heard someone had a bale fall on them and kill them!

*note-might just be rumor

Old 03-31-2014, 09:23 PM

119 posts, read 215,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
If anyone doesn't like the way this place is run they can vote accordingly or get the hell out.

If this is such a bad place to be, why does anyone live here?
Geez I hate it when people say that So illogical in so many ways.

Old 03-31-2014, 09:27 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
you hit every point but the correct one.
we the people are no longer running the show, they are.
and they got our credit card and want to disarm us. they have already dis homed us. the next step is to start moving us around. that is what fema detention centers are for. they are not for the bad guys, they are for us.

Old 03-31-2014, 09:37 PM

119 posts, read 215,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
you hit every point but the correct one.
we the people are no longer running the show, they are.
and they got our credit card and want to disarm us. they have already dis homed us. the next step is to start moving us around. that is what fema detention centers are for. they are not for the bad guys, they are for us.
Exactly.

I can't believe some people still think that our votes actually matter in the presidential election. Obviously presidential elections are rigged.

And I also can't believe some people still think that a new administration can clean up the problems in government. That's not gonna happen. Only a total and complete revolution will break up the corrupt power structures that control the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies