Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 01:28 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
My husband got future loss in an accident case.
Thats different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Or did he just make a lucky guess?
He said he had it on good authority, which means he's not guessing
Quote:
We will never know, will we?
So if Glenn Beck says a lucky guess, will you find that acceptable?
Quote:
There is exactly one person who could have proven the case, but he didn't feel like it, for some bizarre reason.
You seem to believe there is a need to prove Harry Reid is
A) a liar
B) broke the law by having access to classified information
Quote:
The threshold is higher (actual malice), but he could at least have explored a case. Or he could just have published his tax returns, if he felt he was being unfairly maligned. You don't need a court to defend yourself in the public's eyes.
I also dont need to see his tax records to prove Harry Reid lied or broke the law, either outcome is unacceptable.. You somehow think its ok though cause he's a Democrat

Prime example why I have no respect for Democrats anymore..

Old 04-01-2014, 01:46 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Thats different.
It is different......that is why I posted the link in the post above.

Old 04-01-2014, 01:55 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
He said he had it on good authority, which means he's not guessing
Actually, the "good authority" would be the one breaking the rules. Reid isn't employed by the IRS.

Quote:
So if Glenn Beck says a lucky guess, will you find that acceptable?
Who cares where he pulled it from? It's not the truth, as the maligned party is about to make evident.

Quote:
You seem to believe there is a need to prove Harry Reid is
A) a liar
B) broke the law by having access to classified information
If someone tells him in a bar, has he broken the law? Of course not. Or who knows, perhaps the "good authority" was in fact the liar? (Oh, sorry. That excuse is only good for starting wars, right?)

I, frankly, find it hilarious that Romney's tax returns appear to contain something so incriminating, people can make up the most bizarre stories and Romney will just have to meekly take it. But we are of course digressing.

Old 04-01-2014, 02:04 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
This will settle out of court for an undisclosed amount....like most of these things do.

Beck has insurance for this.
exactly: most people like Beck have been sued more than once and most settle out of court, whether guilty or not, the insurance companies prefer to settle rather than go to court. It is cheaper. I doubt many of really care much about the outcome. Beck is all that popular any more. So those who don't like him, enjoy your few minutes of gloating, for those who like him, don't worry and for the rest of us, let's concentrate on news worthy talking about.

Old 04-01-2014, 02:13 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,442,833 times
There's no defending Glenn Beck here. Go ahead and bring up random liberals doing slanderous things, as if different people doing different things in different situations somehow excuses Glenn Beck's actions.

Old 04-01-2014, 02:21 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,543,209 times
Michael Moore said he wanted to see GM execs executed today.

But nutbag leftists aren't held accountable for anything, like children and the mentally retarded

Old 04-01-2014, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Actually, the "good authority" would be the one breaking the rules. Reid isn't employed by the IRS.
So when Beck said he has it on good authority that the mans a terrorist, then according to your own argument Glenn Becks off the hook.

Really?
Quote:
Who cares where he pulled it from? It's not the truth, as the maligned party is about to make evident.
and you have no evidence that Reid had anything to indicate Romney paid zero taxes either, but again, you're fine with that..
Quote:
If someone tells him in a bar, has he broken the law? Of course not. Or who knows, perhaps the "good authority" was in fact the liar? (Oh, sorry. That excuse is only good for starting wars, right?)
So if someone told Beck in a bar, you think its ok then?
Quote:
I, frankly, find it hilarious that Romney's tax returns appear to contain something so incriminating, people can make up the most bizarre stories and Romney will just have to meekly take it. But we are of course digressing.
I frankly think its more relevant that you think personal information must be released in order to prove a lie, isnt a lie..

its called hypocracy.. You're good for it, and have showed it with every posting..

Old 04-01-2014, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
There's no defending Glenn Beck here. Go ahead and bring up random liberals doing slanderous things, as if different people doing different things in different situations somehow excuses Glenn Beck's actions.
I didnt excuse Glenn Becks action, and I've stated that NUMEROUS times.

I'm not a hypocrite..

Old 04-01-2014, 02:54 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:

I also dont need to see his tax records to prove Harry Reid lied or broke the law, either outcome is unacceptable.. You somehow think its ok though cause he's a Democrat

Prime example why I have no respect for Democrats anymore..
In a nutshell! Some folks insist on ruining it for others. Prime example, as you said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies