Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2014, 01:32 PM

1,074 posts, read 757,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
'Big Pharma, the CDC and other public health organizations tell the mainstream media (MSM) what to report about outbreaks and epidemics. So you may have the impression that recent measles outbreaks are occurring because of MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccination refusals.

According to official public health documents kept from public attention, the opposite is true. Many stricken with measles have had the full array of three MMR vaccinations.

There have been many, and the various public health organizations, including the CDC, are well aware of them. Yet, pediatricians convince and school boards coerce parents into making sure their children get three MMR vaccinations in short succession. Obviously, not enough know of measles breakouts among the vaccinated.

Medical authorities eager to vaccinate maintain it takes a population vaccination rate of 90% to ensure an “immunized” disease will not break out within that community. This high percentage was contrived as necessary for “herd immunity,” which would prevent any outbreak from occurring.

Prison Planet.com » What they won’t admit about measles outbreaks: Most children who catch measles were already vaccinated
This is a lie. Measles was considered to have been wiped out until the anti-vaccination crowed allowed it to become a problem again. People who have been vaccinated do not get measles.

Old 04-04-2014, 01:41 PM

46,948 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Do a little research. Your precious vaccine only gives you 99% immunity. Better get them to work on a BETTER vaccine than that. You would be better off with the majority of people walking around with 100% natural immunity
This makes no sense whatsoever. We should let everybody suffer through a measles infection to provide them with future immunity from measles? As a preventative measure agaisnt measles, it seems a little lacking.

Quote:
Think about how many people with only 99% vaccine immunity will get the measles. Do the math. 1% OF VACCINATED will get measles.
No. They won't. The likelyhood of anyone of the 1% being exposed to measles drops like a rock, once the proportion of immune individuals grow.

Old 04-04-2014, 02:07 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Looks like you've just proven that vaccination won't reduce disease in 3rd world countries.

Unfortunately for your hypothesis - and fortunately for the kids in 3rd world countries - vaccines work just fine even in places with bad drinking water and poor hygienic practices.
Agreed. In fact, getting vaccinated can prevent getting diseases from contaminated water and overcrowded living conditions.

Quote:
Better round me up and get me vaccinated because I never was. So what if I had all these diseases? VACCINES are the only things that work. I will put my 100% immunity against your 99% immunity with your vacs. Survival of the fittest? You are creating a society where nobody will have any natural immunity against anything because their bodies will not be working the way they should. Hurry up and find a vaccine for all the diseases in the world. You are on your way to become androids.

Reminds me of that old song, "In the year 2525,.........." Look up the lyrics. Glad I am old and won't be alive in your world. I would rather be dead.
You don't understand immunity! Aren't you the one I suggested take an immunology class? If you are immune to measles (for example, since this is the thread topic) you are 100% immune! In 1% (actually more like 0.3%) of people, even a two dose regimen of vaccine doesn't work. Now the problem with your, er, hypothesis is that for 100% of the population to get immunity, 100% who are exposed have to get sick. That doesn't happen either, although measles is one of the most contagious diseases out there. In the pre-vaccine days, there were some who either didn't get exposed (rare), or who got exposed and didn't get sick (also rare, but not unheard of). Well, that's the only problem in addition to death, mental retardation, hearing loss, etc from actually having the disease!

There is absolutely NO difference between antibodies produced from disease and those produced from vaccine!

And for the love of G*d, quoting from a rock song? Is that where you get your information?

Old 04-04-2014, 02:19 PM

13,302 posts, read 7,868,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
For all of your alleged "expertise" in this area, I'm going to have to pretend you didn't just post this. If you truly believe this, then you have just exposed yourself as completely uneducated on the topic.
The "educated" absolutely despise the obvious.

Situated beneath the obvious are, the educated.

Old 04-04-2014, 03:34 PM

10,232 posts, read 6,317,831 times
To all you illerate people. I was born in 1948 and had Measles MYSELF. I saw all of my friends get MEASLES when I was a child. I did not know ANYONE who died from it because that is a VERY SMALL number of the MILLIONS of us to lived to talk about it. Duh? How many of YOU had it or saw anyone who did. According to all you, I should be dead, all my friends should be dead, and so should all YOUR parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents.

Old 04-04-2014, 03:37 PM

Quote:
To all you illerate people. I was born in 1948 and had Measles MYSELF. I saw all of my friends get MEASLES when I was a child. I did not know ANYONE who died from it because that is a VERY SMALL number of the MILLIONS of us to lived to talk about it. Duh? How many of YOU had it or saw anyone who did. According to all you, I should be dead, all my friends should be dead, and so should all YOUR parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents.
Anecdote != data.

Old 04-04-2014, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Agreed. In fact, getting vaccinated can prevent getting diseases from contaminated water and overcrowded living conditions.

You don't understand immunity! Aren't you the one I suggested take an immunology class? If you are immune to measles (for example, since this is the thread topic) you are 100% immune! In 1% (actually more like 0.3%) of people, even a two dose regimen of vaccine doesn't work. Now the problem with your, er, hypothesis is that for 100% of the population to get immunity, 100% who are exposed have to get sick. That doesn't happen either, although measles is one of the most contagious diseases out there. In the pre-vaccine days, there were some who either didn't get exposed (rare), or who got exposed and didn't get sick (also rare, but not unheard of). Well, that's the only problem in addition to death, mental retardation, hearing loss, etc from actually having the disease!

There is absolutely NO difference between antibodies produced from disease and those produced from vaccine!

And for the love of G*d, quoting from a rock song? Is that where you get your information?
The dosage they give you with your vaccinations is a LOWER dosage of the actual measles disase in order to make your own body produce anti-bodies, BUT it is not enough or why would you need boosters?????? If they gave you a higher dosage of measles in your vac you would GET measles.

I think you herd people don't like that MY GENERATION don't need your PRECIOUS VACCINATIONS. Or maybe you DO think "100% compliance" is necessary?

Old 04-04-2014, 04:09 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Actually, I was born in 1949, and I had measles. I also have a very mild hearing loss that a tester told me was probably from having measles, although someone else later said "no, maybe mumps" (which I also had). Since I doubt you trust the CDC, I mean, Elvis works for them, here's what the WHO says:
WHO | Measles
**Measles is one of the leading causes of death among young children even though a safe and cost-effective vaccine is available.
In 2012, there were 122 000 measles deaths globally – about 330 deaths every day or 14 deaths every hour.**

Here's another link:
Measles — History of Vaccines
**Measles can lead to complications ranging in severity from diarrhea to encephalitis (swelling of the brain), with adult patients typically being subject to more severe complications. Although the disease is rarely fatal in developed countries, the death rate can be quite high in underdeveloped nations. Case-fatality rates have been recorded as high as 28%, and tend to rise during wars or widespread food shortages. As recently as 2000, measles caused 1.1 million deaths globally among young children in a year’s time.**

Now people with no background in epidemiology may think a 28% death rate is low, but that's high, baby!

No one has said measles has a 100% death rate.

Quote:
The dosage they give you with your vaccinations is a LOWER dosage of the actual measles disase in order to make your own body produce anti-bodies, BUT it is not enough or why would you need boosters?????? If they gave you a higher dosage of measles in your vac you would GET measles.

I think you herd people don't like that MY GENERATION don't need your PRECIOUS VACCINATIONS. Or maybe you DO think "100% compliance" is necessary?
The main reason for requiring a measles booster is that the vaccine is about 95% effective after one dose. To pick up the next 4.7%, a second dose is necessary.

I'm a part of your generation, honey. No, I don't need the vaccine. I had the disease. About 90% compliance is necessary for "herd immunity".

Old 04-04-2014, 04:11 PM

Quote:
No. It's an attenuated virus vaccine - the virus is not virulent enough to cause a full-blown case of measles, but it retains the characteristics that make the immune system fight off the full-blown virulent virus. And there's one booster needed - the first dose gives 95% coverage, the 2nd ups to 99%.

Quote:
You can do whatever you wish. Just don't fill people's heads with bad information?

ETA: Or what Katiana said.

Old 04-04-2014, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
No. It's an attenuated virus vaccine - the virus is not virulent enough to cause a full-blown case of measles, but it retains the characteristics that make the immune system fight off the full-blown virulent virus. And there's one booster needed - the first dose gives 95% coverage, the 2nd ups to 99%.

You can do whatever you wish. Just don't fill people's heads with bad information?

ETA: Or what Katiana said.
99% and you said it yourself. That means you have a 1% chance of getting Measles WITH your vaccination. Come on, ADMIT your vaccine isn't perfect.

I have 100%. Beats your 99%. No wonder you people get in a panic when there is any measles outbreak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies