Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2014, 05:42 PM

24,401 posts, read 23,056,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Uh oh. To bad for the conspiracy theorists. Chinese ship picked up a ping from one of the black boxes in the Indian ocean.

My Way News - China ship hears 'signal'; unclear if jet-related
>>>And they lost it almost immediately. Bad news for the Ostrich People.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2014, 05:49 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post
The reason why many theories get wings is because of the lack of information, like what CDuser said. I remember the Boston Marathon bombings occurred and suddenly all these conspiracy theorists came out of the woodwork. Why were they able to be so successful at spreading their nonsense? First and foremost, you need someone who's looking to profit from the conspiracy, like infor wars did at the time. Second, with any tragic situation, there's a lot of confusion at first. In Boston, there were some conflicting statements and so suddenly nothing was to be believed. Then, we had "experts", who somehow knew what bombing zones looked like, saying that the whole thing looked staged - as if they'd ever seen the remains of a bombing in their lives. Or you had "experts" who'd see a picture of someone standing on a roof in Boylston Street and assume that they had something to do with the bombing.

The same thing applies here. Nobody really knows where the plane and it's been quite a few weeks since it disappeared. All it takes is a few "keyboard experts" to make up a few stories because they've spent too much of their lives watching TV dramas where this stuff happens. People seem to internalize the "conspiracies" they see on TV, and if the tragedies in real life don't match their preconceived opinions of what should happen, then they assume it's fake this.

To prove my point, I want all of you to think about the first time you were in a fist fight or even the first time you had sex. Was it anything like what they showed on TV? Of course it wasn't, but as kids we saw enough fighting and sex on TV to think that TV got it right, and what what we were experiencing in the real world was somehow not correct. I remember as a kid wondering why, after punishing me, my parents didn't have one of those cheesy long, cheesy, talks (with cheesy music in the background) after things had settled down. That was because what I had internalized as "real" was actually just fake.

Edit: Want anymore evidence that some of these conspiracy theorists watch too much TV and too many movies, just watch the video on the first page again. What website do they cite? "Red Pill Report"...quick, name the movie!
Understand something, to be clear. People kill other people, literally everyday. Along with a whole lot of other horrid stuff. Governments have been doing it for ages. They are in fact, quite good at it. TNCs have also been doing this and various agencies for hire. Money and control are usually the goals.

Everyone is benefiting from information, all kinds. The whole economy runs on information and data. Bad, misinfo, disinfo, you name it. But in order to form any meaningful conclusions one needs good data. This has a level of subjectivity. Everything on here gets called a "conspiracy". Including people just signing up here and posting.

I am amused that people who use that term the most seem to be the ones that are always claiming they don't exist except for posters with mysterious agendas or something else.

I have stated before that one man's conspiracy can be another's business plan. Essentially a "conspiracy" is nothing more than one or more parties with an agenda. By that definition, they are everywhere.

Discussing something in my view should be just that, a discussion.

Old 04-05-2014, 11:43 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

Proof Malaysian Flight MH370 at Diego Garcia' U.S. Military Base - YouTube

Is this plane sitting in a hangar at Diego Garcia.

Meta data received from Passenger Phillip Wood's iPhone 5, sent 3-31-2014.
Over 200 souls are in another place... It's kind of idiotic to believe in conspiracy theory in this case...

Old 04-06-2014, 05:52 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Go to Google Earth and give us the coordinates of the aircraft.

The aircraft did not send the message.
Phillip Wood's iPhone 5 did.

Old 04-06-2014, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
>>>And they lost it almost immediately. Bad news for the Ostrich People.

Now they are claiming 2 pings and they are saying the plane didn't break up like it was a soft splashdown.
Philip Wood could very well be on a boat off the coast of Diego Garcia, since GPS did confirm it to be 3 miles off to the north of the island.

Old 04-06-2014, 08:49 AM

1,529 posts, read 1,726,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Understand something, to be clear. People kill other people, literally everyday. Along with a whole lot of other horrid stuff. Governments have been doing it for ages. They are in fact, quite good at it. TNCs have also been doing this and various agencies for hire. Money and control are usually the goals.

Everyone is benefiting from information, all kinds. The whole economy runs on information and data. Bad, misinfo, disinfo, you name it. But in order to form any meaningful conclusions one needs good data. This has a level of subjectivity. Everything on here gets called a "conspiracy". Including people just signing up here and posting.

I am amused that people who use that term the most seem to be the ones that are always claiming they don't exist except for posters with mysterious agendas or something else.

I have stated before that one man's conspiracy can be another's business plan. Essentially a "conspiracy" is nothing more than one or more parties with an agenda. By that definition, they are everywhere.

Discussing something in my view should be just that, a discussion.
I'm not saying that there aren't "conspiracies" in the world. I'm not saying that governments don't cover things up. They all do. However, none of us really have any real evidence as to where the plane actually is.

I think we're on the same page here about government cover ups, but where you and I part ways is that I have a hard time accepting every theory that's thrown out there by a guy with a website.

Old 04-06-2014, 08:56 AM

Why would this guys iPhone, send a message that the GPS feature has identified as being very very close to Diego Garcia.
Meta-data has confirmed it.

Old 04-06-2014, 09:09 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,931,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post
I'm not saying that there aren't "conspiracies" in the world. I'm not saying that governments don't cover things up. They all do. However, none of us really have any real evidence as to where the plane actually is.

I think we're on the same page here about government cover ups, but where you and I part ways is that I have a hard time accepting every theory that's thrown out there by a guy with a website.
You mean like how people keep doing every time CNN has a new "breaking story" or resolution as to what happened?

Old 04-06-2014, 09:23 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Why would this guys iPhone, send a message that the GPS feature has identified as being very very close to Diego Garcia.
Meta-data has confirmed it.
Once again, based on what evidence?

You do realize that there's a difference between "confirmed" and "some guy on the internet said so," right?

And it's already been demonstrated to you in this thread that faking metadata is trivial.

Is this the same sort of confirmed as your completely baseless and wrong belief that commercially available flight simulator programs wouldn't have this location?

Old 04-06-2014, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post

And it's already been demonstrated to you in this thread that faking metadata is trivial.

So, the NSA collection it is trivial and there is other intentions?
I thought meta-data was the holy grail of the NSA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies