Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 12:25 PM

231 posts, read 382,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownblues View Post
Sure, but that doesn't mean we have to live together ALL the time. Like, I can't walk into a women's locker room at the gym and say "hey, we're all different, we need to learn to live together and accept our differences!"

We have boy scouts and girl scouts, mens rooms and ladies rooms. We dont' have staight and gay boy scouts nor straight and gay girl scouts, nor do we have straight and gay mens rooms and straight and gay womens rooms.

Besides there are obvious genetic differences between a man and a woman. It isn't just a preference.

Old 04-03-2014, 12:34 PM

1,136 posts, read 942,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretendingtowork View Post
Why does it matter if a boy is attracted to another boy. That same boy goes to school with other boys and nothing happens
Yeah, but after school if that boy wants to hang out with the other boy and he doesn't want to hang out with him, that's life. You don't seem to understand how that works. You keep talking about acceptance and irrelevant things. You seem to not grasp that nobody "must" belong to the Boy Scouts, nor do Boy Scouts "have" to allow anyone into their group.

Old 04-03-2014, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Besides there are obvious genetic differences between a man and a woman. It isn't just a preference.
Good, I thought homosexuality was genetic and also not a preference. So if women can exclude me from their locker room, I can exclude homosexuals from my club. Thanks for understanding.

Old 04-03-2014, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Yeah, but after school if that boy wants to hang out with the other boy and he doesn't want to hang out with him, that's life. You don't seem to understand how that works. You keep talking about acceptance and irrelevant things. You seem to not grasp that nobody "must" belong to the Boy Scouts, nor do Boy Scouts "have" to allow anyone into their group.

I don't see how what I am saying is irrelevant. Also what do you have against having a gay boy in the Scouts? Why does that bother you?

I do grasp that nobody must belong to a group and that group doesn't have to allow anybody into their group. I am making an argument for why I think they should allow gay kids into Scouts.

Old 04-03-2014, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Good, I thought homosexuality was genetic and also not a preference. So if women can exclude me from their locker room, I can exclude homosexuals from my club. Thanks for understanding.

There is a biological difference between men and women. Not gay and straight people.

Once again, I am not saying you can't exclude them from your club. I am giving you reasons why you might want to reconsider. I never said you can't. Remember just because you and I don't feel the same way about a subject, doesn't mean I am wrong or you are wrong. It just means we see things differently. If you look back at my first post I said, "here is my take" I never said one side was right or wrong.

Old 04-03-2014, 12:51 PM

Quote:
I do grasp that nobody must belong to a group and that group doesn't have to allow anybody into their group. I am making an argument for why I think they should allow gay kids into Scouts.
Good, your two sentences are contradictory. You clearly DON'T grasp that nobody must belong to a group if you are then arguing that they must.

Quote:
There is a biological difference between men and women. Not gay and straight people.
Oh, OK. Guess it's not genetic.

Old 04-03-2014, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Once again, I am not saying you can't exclude them from your club. I am giving you reasons why you might want to reconsider. I never said you can't.
That's fine, then. If you are saying "here are some reasons that you might want to reconsider" and I listen to them and say "thanks, but I'm not interested" and you say "OK, then," then I have no problem. But guess what? You and I both know that's not how it went down.

Old 04-03-2014, 01:10 PM

My sentences weren't contradictory. I understood what you were saying. I understand that not everybody must belong to a group. You are saying because I feel gay kids should be in scouts, I think everybody should be able to join every group and that isn't close to what I am saying. I am merely talking about this one group, the group about which the original post is talking about. I don't feel boys should be in girl scouts, and vise versa. I don't believe the young should be in the AARP. I don't believe gun haters should be a part of the NRA, I don't think people that are of a lower intelligence level should be allowed in MENSA. I am only presenting an argument about BSA.

If you don't feel the same way about it, that is fine. I hold no ill will towards you. But you keep saying I am wrong, I am contradicting myself and I don't not grasp things because I feel a different way than you. That is not the case, try and read what I wrote instead of what you think I mean.

Old 04-03-2014, 01:20 PM

Quote:
I don't feel boys should be in girl scouts
Even transgendered boys who identify as girls? Because the state of California would probably disagree with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies