Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 03:55 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Nope, this one eloquently debunks the 97% of scientists believe in AGW crap.
Nope. It does nothing to debunk anything.

A 'very small handful' (out of 8547 emailed by the study's authors) preferred to respond to an email request to have a whinge and some self-promotion on an AGW denialist blog instead of responding to the 2 email requests from the study's authors for them to self-rate their own papers to correct any miscategorizations of their abstracts.

Try to keep up.

Old 04-07-2014, 03:58 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Yes, I'm familiar with Cooks disingenuous system of classification, and yes, I did scan the papers I selected.

You're missing the point.

Science by consensus is not science, rather it is politics.

The mere fact that Cook and others have to resort to grasping at straws in order to claim support exists for their position, is evidence that their position is weak and cannot withstand real debate.

Too bad you're so parochial and narrow-minded that you cannot consider the possibility that there are multiple causal factors.

Yes, the position of global warming supporters is weak, and so they resort to grasping at straws.

Once again for the small-minded and the hard of hearing, consensus is not science.

Um, we are in an Inter-Glacial Period....of course the climate is changing.

Do you understand that if temperatures do not get warmer, then you cannot have an Inter-Glacial Period?

In other words, warmer temperatures and Inter-Glacial Periods are not mutually exclusive.

Put another way.....you cannot have an Inter-Glacial Period unless the climate changes.

The entire idea and concept of Cook's useless study is intellectually dishonest.

The process of nuclear fission was not based on reading abstracts of peer-reviewed papers to see if anyone mentions nuclear fission.

Why is it so hard for you to discern the difference?

That is a Left-Wing blog.....which you have still refused to condemn.

Again, the entire idea of Cook's study is abhorrent since it has no basis in science; and it is not science.

According to you, if a micro-biologist were to mention cold fusion in an abstract in a particular way, that is science.

And you it is you who are in total fear and continually engage in....

Avoiding the Issue

A reasoner who is supposed to address an issue but instead goes off on a tangent is properly accused of using the fallacy of avoiding the issue.

Avoiding the Question

The fallacy of avoiding the question is a type of fallacy of avoiding the issue that occurs when the issue is how to answer some question. The fallacy occurs when someone’s answer doesn’t really respond to the question asked.

Everyone can see you are avoiding this NOAA data from the NOAA website...

It's okay to admit you you drank the Kool-Aid®...

Mircea
Attempting to cover up and deflect from your previous blatant intellectual dishonesty with even more blatant dishonesty is not helping your case. You were caught out in a lie about that list you presented. You've been caught out in lies trying to cover up your first lie. It's okay to admit it.

Last edited by Ceist; 04-07-2014 at 04:59 PM..

Old 04-07-2014, 04:02 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
If all these global warming folks would cut their power and live in a cave like they expect everybody else to do we would buy a few more years for old mother earth. They won't do it though because they are all fake hypocrites. Do as I say not as I do is their mantra it seems. Lets see if beggs goes away and does what he should...........cut off his power and live with candles and a wood burning stove...........oops can't use wood............gotta save the trees and all. Man liberals will just have to move south where it's warm I guess..............or continue on with their hypocrisy.
Any evidence of ANY leftie, EVER, expecting everyone to live in a cave?
You keep pulling your "facts" out of your nether regions.

Old 04-07-2014, 04:05 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
CO2 levels went up and it hasn't warmed in over 17 years.

Fact.

Old 04-07-2014, 04:07 PM

3,026 posts, read 3,646,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Think of it as an opportunity to present your evidence of why CO2 has nothing to do with climate change....We'll wait.
I don't think anyone makes that claim. What is made, however, is that the effects diminish as the concentration increases.

Investigating the Climate of Doom « Paths To Knowledge (dot NET)

Old 04-07-2014, 04:13 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Any evidence of ANY leftie, EVER, expecting everyone to live in a cave?
You keep pulling your "facts" out of your nether regions.
Put up or shut up. I see you will do neither. If that is the case then stop telling us all what to do. Can you even get that concept of your hypocrisy on this issue? I somehow doubt it.

Old 04-07-2014, 04:23 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
Put up or shut up. I see you will do neither. If that is the case then stop telling us all what to do. Can you even get that concept of your hypocrisy on this issue? I somehow doubt it.
You want me to go live in a cave? What's wrong with you? Why is there no middle ground with you people? It's either driving an oil rig on wheels or living in cave heated by dung?
You're the one who claimed environmentalists want everyone to live in a cave. YOU put up or shut up. Show me any proof of anyone ever saying that. You can't because you're lying. You're quite proficient at it.

Old 04-07-2014, 04:49 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
You want me to go live in a cave? What's wrong with you? Why is there no middle ground with you people? It's either driving an oil rig on wheels or living in cave heated by dung?
You're the one who claimed environmentalists want everyone to live in a cave. YOU put up or shut up. Show me any proof of anyone ever saying that. You can't because you're lying. You're quite proficient at it.
Middle ground? LOL

You globals have no middle ground at all just scream the world is ending and it is all humans fault. Well do your part............save the planet............shut off your electricity. Why won't you do your part for the good of humanity? I've not seen one global warmer ever do their part..........they expect everybody else to do it. Now why is that? Hypocrisy is why. Do as I say not as I do is your mantra. Always has been always will be. Until you do YOUR part I will continue to leave my lights on and toss batteries into my neighbors yard. I may go down to the junkyard and pick up some batteries in your honor to toss into old girl earth. She will still be fine. Maybe you can come clean it all up..........you know do your part right? I have plenty of carbon credits to burn given to me by one of your loon websites who said they will not take showers or flush the toilet and the like to make up for me. I am doing my part. What are you doing? Nothing like most global warmers. At least the loons at that website are doing something. I give them credit for it too. They may stink but they are doing something to save us all unlike you. Howling does nothing.

Old 04-07-2014, 04:54 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,284,721 times
Quote:
Your "majority" has been caught lying over and over again yet you folks pretend it never happened.
I asked you to prove these claims. Please do so. Remember, only real results. Denialist blogs are worth no more than a denialist's post. Linking to a denialist's blog just tells us other denialists say the same things you do, it doesn't show these claims to have merit.

If you're unable to support your claims, just say so. It's not as if we'll be surprised by a denialist who makes claims he's unable to support.

Old 04-07-2014, 04:56 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
The data is pretty self explanatory. This is climate change explained in three very easy to read graphs:

Just so there is no dispute on the sources,

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration make this information public.

If you can still say with a straight face that anthropogenic climate change is a scam / hoax / whatever, let's hear the explanation.
Yes, it's a freaking hoax, and a scam to empower politicians and enrich themselves and their crony corporatists.

your graphs are the typical ones hoaxers and their simpleton drones use - start measuring temperatures during the little ice-age, and pretend the natural warming out of the LIA is proof of AGW. You may as well start measuring sunlight levels at night, and claim CO2 caused the earth to spin and the sun to rise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies