Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 06:59 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
That IS the topic.. How can people like Obamacare if they arent seeing the benefits of it because the mandates are being delayed?

YOU avoiding the subject and acting 12, doesnt mean the subject doesnt exist..
Topic: Ted Cruz asked people whether they liked Obamacare

Your childish attempts to insult don't change it.

I hope you find someone to help you derail the thread off topic, but it won't be me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2014, 07:00 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
And will be even less once employers start shedding employee health insurance. Then those working folks will be even more angry, because of a government induced pay cut.
Actually I think that will be one of the biggest benefits to ACA.. healthcare shouldnt be linked to employment, so any decrease in the polls due to the shedding would be temporary, but remember Democrats say that wont happen..

The biggest problem I have with ACA, is the fact that it was sold on lies. I run around arguing that the lies are lies, rather than discussing the facts, some of which are positive.

I'd have far more respect if Democrats would just admit their lies, and discuss the truth, so we can then move onto the actual benefits and liabilities of the plan, rather than them repeating that employer policies wont be harmed, or premiums will fall, or that millions are signed up, etc..

The non stop lies make me want to puke..

Old 04-03-2014, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Topic: Ted Cruz asked people whether they liked Obamacare

Your childish attempts to insult don't change it.
How can people like something that they dont see the benefits of because of mandate delays?

I'm not changing the topic, you are avoiding it and acting 10..

Old 04-03-2014, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
How can people like something that they dont see the benefits of because of mandate delays?

I'm not changing the topic, you are avoiding it and acting 10..
I hope you find someone to help you derail the thread, but it won't be me.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:03 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Doesn't look like majority support to me.

For: 41%
Against: 51.9%

The last 7 presidents have been elected by a smaller margin.
Where did I say it was majority support? What I said is that support is high enough now to make repealing it a tall order and that if implementation continues to improve, that support will rise. Especially when it is known that some of the people who don't support the ACA wanted single-payer or Medicare expansion.

The mid-terms are 6 months away. If public support for the ACA continues to increase, even at a slow rate, the Rs may not get the blowout they are planning on.

Edited to add: Cruz did not get the response he expected, I wonder whether this will affect his tactics.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I hope you find someone to help you derail the thread, but it won't be me.
If you dont want to discuss how people can like something they havent yet seen the effects of due to mandated delays, then why are you posting on the thread?

Old 04-03-2014, 07:09 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Cruz failed one of the most basic tenets of being a lawyer: Don't ever ask a question you don't know the answer to. Proving he is as crappy a lawyer as he is a Senator.

I love that Facebook page. Those people really shove it in his face.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Cruz failed one of the most basic tenets of being a lawyer: Don't ever ask a question you don't know the answer to. Proving he is as crappy a lawyer as he is a Senator.

I love that Facebook page. Those people really shove it in his face.
Not nearly as much as I love the fact that you think employer healthcare is subsidized by the taxpayer. No wonder people like you like that page, you guys are so illinformed you guys pumped it and a bunch of ignorant fools posted on it..

Old 04-03-2014, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Where did I say it was majority support? What I said is that support is high enough now to make repealing it a tall order and that if implementation continues to improve, that support will rise. Especially when it is known that some of the people who don't support the ACA wanted single-payer or Medicare expansion.

The mid-terms are 6 months away. If public support for the ACA continues to increase, even at a slow rate, the Rs may not get the blowout they are planning on.

Edited to add: Cruz did not get the response he expected, I wonder whether this will affect his tactics.
That is what I have been saying, and I think GOP would be smart to add something else on their platform, and I think social conservatism would be a good idea. Running on ACA trashing doesn't help them, especially now when the public favorability of ACA is increasing.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
That's the way to treat a troll.
oh my feelings are hurt, yes, yes they are..

NOT.. Can YOU tell me how people are enjoying something that has been delayed? Finn ran away from the question, will you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies