Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2014, 01:44 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,800,908 times

Advertisements

There are numerous instances of voter fraud or attempted voter fraud. In one case here a Republican Operative got herself arrested by insisting on her right to vote twice. In another a bar had dozens of clients sign up for an absentee ballot using the bar's address. There was another incident indicating a large number of people signed up at a single address of a politically active family...nothing proved here but did sound very suspicious.

And the famous case in Florida where a number of voters were found to be ineligible by cross checking those who got out of jury duty by claiming to be a non citizen.

And there are numerous other incidents which generally involved stuffing ballot boxes directly or via absentee voting.

So there is certainly fraud to be found if you look for it. And it is interesting that none of the proposed voter ID actions would effect any of the actual voter fraud.

That of courser leads to a view that the ID laws are not directed at voter fraud...because there appears little if any of the sort of fraud they would prevent. And with all the interest in the voter ID laws one is not remiss to think there must be another reason for the drive to requite ID. Disenfranchise that is selective to voter blocks that favor the Democrats would appear the most reasonable one.

Old 04-03-2014, 01:44 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
You do it every time it is discussed by dismissing it as not a problem.
I know that some ideas are simply too subtle and complex for you. But try to wrap your head around this one for a change.

Cancer exists. So does itchy scalp.

Both are problems.

One is a big a problem. The other is not really that much of a big deal.

Old 04-03-2014, 01:48 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Post 108...when all else fails.....throw the straw man argumetn out there...even with factual evidence...
What factual evidence? That people in different states' databases have the same first and last name and the same birthday? That happens, you know. I have a very, very, very rare name. And there are at least four other Americans who have the same name.

Old 04-03-2014, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
The article simply points out facts, it never claims that they investigated each and every single case. Are you say that 765 people voting in 2 states in the same election is no big deal?
Actually, the article claims that the state IS investigating. And they haven't concluded that 765 people actually voted in 2 states in the same election. You jumped to a conclusion. Which was my point with the first post I made on this thread. Let's see what the hard numbers actually pan out to be. And then let's see you actually prove that those hard numbers actually changed the outcome of an election.

Old 04-03-2014, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
So in other words, they are too stupid or lazy to do what it takes to be part of society and get a voter ID like the rest of us and we need to do away with laws to help them
laws to help them? Or laws to prevent them from voting?

Old 04-03-2014, 01:54 PM

Quote:
My brain doesn't have to work too hard to see that we've got a lot of pathetic left wing nuts in here that are fine condoning election fraud because it helps them.
When did election fraud help me?

You're revealing an alarming degree of paranoia.

Old 04-03-2014, 01:54 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
I know that some ideas are simply too subtle and complex for you. But try to wrap your head around this one for a change.

Cancer exists. So does itchy scalp.

Both are problems.

One is a big a problem. The other is not really that much of a big deal.
So murdering one person is nothing compared to what happens in the ghettos, so it's ok to kill just one person once in a while?

Old 04-03-2014, 02:00 PM

Quote:
You created that narrative in your head, the article simply gave out facts.

Their names and last 4 digits of their SSN are an exact match, do you think that's just a cool coincidence?
The poll workers at my polling place are some very lovely elderly ladies. And every time, I've had to point out where my name is in the book. And on at least three occasions I've had to correct where they've placed the check mark. Those check marks are how the names of people who voted get into the database. And given the numbers of people who vote, and that we're looking at multiple states' databases, I think clerical error (a poll worker in one of the two states checking the wrong name) is the likely reason for these matches. And it's not a terrible number of errors. When you consider the total number of voters in two states, 700-800 errors is a 99.99 accuracy rate.

Old 04-03-2014, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
With all the elections that are decided by a just a few dozen votes.... yeah, it matters. So why do the dems refuse to ensure a more accurate vote....hmmm?
Are you saying that voter ID eliminates all voter fraud....hmmmmm?

Old 04-03-2014, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well they can easily verify those 81 dead people that played "Weekend at Bernies" and voted after they died.

Actually they can easily verify any and all of those possible duplicates.
It's whether or not they actually do it or just wave their hands and put the report to bed without doing anything.
Didn't the article say that North Carolina is investigating?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies