Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2014, 04:00 PM

79,902 posts, read 43,911,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Not everyone was born in PA.

When I got my drivers license, my birth certificate wasn't as worn, and the state accepted it. The state in the past has simply renewed my existing drivers' license. The next time, they won't. They want to see my birth certificate. But they won't accept my birth certificate now, because the creases have worn through, so they assert that its poor condition invalidates it.

My point is not that it's impossible for someone to get identification. My point is that it's difficult, and can be expensive to do so. And to do this in order to vote places a burden on the voter, an obstacle to voting. That is voter suppression. And it should be anathema to every American to engage in anything akin to voter suppression.
Well you are in trouble. State's are going to much more stringent requirements when you renew your D.L. You need like 3 forms of I.D. with a B.C. being a required one. Federal mandated. If your state isn't there now they soon will be. I'll agree with anyone that wants to argue that it's ridiculous to make someone that has had a D.L. for 30 to go through all of this but they are.

Now I think it should be easier to get a voters registration than a D.L. but my earlier example puts no added stress in getting one. It won't get everyone a picture I.D. registration tomorrow but in the end it will get us there.

If you are a new register you get a picture taken. When you get your D.L. renewed you get a picture taken. There will be some that never get it but they will die off.

Old 04-03-2014, 04:01 PM

79,902 posts, read 43,911,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
That's because it was irrelevant to your admission that you simply didn't understand the arguments.
As I figured, you can't explain squat.

Old 04-03-2014, 04:02 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,017,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
Always have an excuse right ? Stop being in denial your whole life...
Denial of what? People have the same name all the time. Google your own name and tell me how many people pop up with the exact same first and last name.

"A total of 35,750 voters with matching first and last names and date of birth"

"765 voters with an exact match of first and last name, date of birth and last four digits of their Social Security number"

Old 04-03-2014, 04:04 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,743,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So PA is smarter than the rest of the country?

So if you needed a drivers license now, what would you do? So you would need to get a birth certificate for your license, but you'd become stupid if you need to get it to vote?
I don't know what your thing with "smarter", "stupid" is.

My point is that hundreds of thousands of people in North Carolina don't have photo ID. And that getting a photo ID can be very burdensome.

Now, rather than talking about Pennsylvania, or any other state, or talking about the intelligence of people, I await a response explaining why it isn't any burden at all for a person to get a photo ID. Someone who probably doesn't drive. Someone who has a very limited budget. Someone who may not have the documents required in order to get that photo ID. No burden at all? Because if it is any burden, it's an obstacle to voting, and that makes it voter suppression. Don't believe me? Read up on poll taxes. If it any burden, it's an obstacle to voting. VOTER SUPPRESSION.

Old 04-03-2014, 04:05 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,876,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Well you are in trouble. State's are going to much more stringent requirements when you renew your D.L. You need like 3 forms of I.D. with a B.C. being a required one. Federal mandated.
Exactly..

Left wingers continue to want expanded federal government for everything in the country, but dont dare require IDs to vote for federal government appoinemtns..

Makes no sense to me...

Old 04-03-2014, 04:07 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,876,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I don't know what your thing with "smarter", "stupid" is.

My point is that hundreds of thousands of people in North Carolina don't have photo ID. And that getting a photo ID can be very burdensome.

Now, rather than talking about Pennsylvania, or any other state, or talking about the intelligence of people, I await a response explaining why it isn't any burden at all for a person to get a photo ID. Someone who probably doesn't drive. Someone who has a very limited budget. Someone who may not have the documents required in order to get that photo ID. No burden at all? Because if it is any burden, it's an obstacle to voting, and that makes it voter suppression. Don't believe me? Read up on poll taxes. If it any burden, it's an obstacle to voting. VOTER SUPPRESSION.
You Democrats never mind putting burdens on individuals in this country..

Old 04-03-2014, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Well you are in trouble. State's are going to much more stringent requirements when you renew your D.L. You need like 3 forms of I.D. with a B.C. being a required one. Federal mandated. If your state isn't there now they soon will be. I'll agree with anyone that wants to argue that it's ridiculous to make someone that has had a D.L. for 30 to go through all of this but they are.

Now I think it should be easier to get a voters registration than a D.L. but my earlier example puts no added stress in getting one. It won't get everyone a picture I.D. registration tomorrow but in the end it will get us there.

If you are a new register you get a picture taken. When you get your D.L. renewed you get a picture taken. There will be some that never get it but they will die off.
I have to say, the "they will die off," statement seems to me to be saying, yes, we're going to deny your right as a legal American citizen to vote, but that's okay, because one day you'll die and go away. So we won't worry about you today, and the fact that today we are depriving you of your rights. You don't matter.

Why don't these people matter to you?

Old 04-03-2014, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You Democrats never mind putting burdens on individuals in this country..
A. I'm an Independent.

B. I mind voter suppression very much.

Old 04-03-2014, 04:15 PM

4,739 posts, read 4,416,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Link: Video: “Thousands of cases” of voter fraud in North Carolina « Hot Air

Yet another story about a problem that doesn't exist according to most Democrats. Go figure!
is there a real news source

somehow I don't go to websites called Hot Air as my source of truth

Old 04-03-2014, 04:17 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,017,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
is there a real news source

somehow I don't go to websites called Hot Air as my source of truth
RALEIGH: Report points to possible voter fraud in NC - WNCN: News, Weather for Raleigh. Durham, Fayetteville
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies