Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2014, 01:13 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,556,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamencoFreak View Post
Oh, there would be hell to pay! You know it.
they would "only" be thrown in jail for breaking a gay "rights" bill
at least they wont kill him. (yett)

Old 04-04-2014, 01:16 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
and if conservatives would boycott a company until it fired a pro same sex "marriage" CEO?
What's stopping them, exactly?

Old 04-04-2014, 01:20 PM

1,074 posts, read 758,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Ever hear of the free market?
This has noting to do with the free market. This was mobs of bigots demanding their way. There is nothing right about this, and there is nothing good about it. It is as bad as any organized crime mob thuggery.

This is the tyranny of angry mobs of lawbreakers. They are perpetrators of vandalism, bullying, and public ridicule of anyone who doesn't agree with them. They threaten peoples businesses, and rob people of Liberty and their pursuit of happiness.

These are the homosexual Taliban. Quite frankly, I'm tired of remaining silent. I intend to speak out against their bigotry and hate, and their criminal behavior.

Old 04-04-2014, 01:20 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
We should be allowed to shut down your business and ruin your reputation in the same way you shut down Christian businesses, and others, for the "crime" of having an opinion that differs from yours. Then we will see how you bigots like it.
I don't mean to be flip, but what exactly is a Christian business?
Other than a business that specializes in Christian stuff which I don't know if Jesus would
really be that crazy about, isn't respect of others a common thread that
runs through "all businesses" if they want to succeed.

Old 04-04-2014, 01:55 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Oh, there would be hell to pay! You know it.
You mean like the attempt to boycott Amazon because their founder donated to pro marriage equality?

How did that work out?

Old 04-04-2014, 02:03 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
Don't you love it when the Leftists (in this case the militant homosexual activists) who don't believe in the free market, then claim that the free market "worked?"

I agree with you. This had nothing to do with the market. These Leftist criminals (make no mistake, some of these are the same ones who vandalized homes, automobiles and other properties of those who supported Prop 8) be in support of free market principles only when their interests are served, not the interests of others. They are the worst kind of hypocrites and liars. They are hate filled bigot that demand special rights, and rights which violate the rights of those exercising their constitutionally protected rights.
You better go get a paper towel to wipe the spittle off your screen.

Pardon me while I grab my gun and go back to the gay army now. We've received orders to march on a Baptist church

Old 04-04-2014, 03:33 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Yes, oh the horror that people might object to something you say.

Look you're free to say whatever you want, just as people are free to act on it by boycotting you.

Or wait...should we be forced?

of course I am all for boycotting
all I am saying is this bashing just because someone does not agree with gay marriage
LOL
I don't care who gets married
some folks can not seem to do anything but yell about being gay
but then they get pissed if everyone else is not as excited about it or if they disagree about it
they are like children, not all, most gay folks are secure in who they are they do not have to try and burn folks at the stake if everyone is not waving rainbow flags
good grief give it a rest~

and the race baiters all they see is race
frankly both are boring~~

Old 04-04-2014, 03:44 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
Free Speech is dying. Whether you disagree with the CEO's opinion or not, it was wrong to fire him. He has every right to his opinion like everyone else, and nothing he said or did was homophobic in the slightest. You do not have the right to be the thought police, you do not have the right to bully people for having different views than you.

If gays want freedom than they need to start respecting the freedoms of others.

most gays are not militant
they just want to live their lives like the rest of us
these blowhards are different they are like the racist blacks like Obama and his herd
they browbeat folks
well I do not submit to these minions~~

Old 04-04-2014, 04:14 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
It's their right, but this is a bit much. "At issue was Eich's $1,000 donation in 2008 to the campaign to pass California's Proposition 8." That bill passed by popular vote; it's not as if he was way out on his own. I'm not a fan of boycotting a business because of someone's personal stance on an item on the ballot. Is the next step to boycott a business because someone has a political sign in their yard for a canidate people don't like? It may be a legal right, but that doesn't make it right.

They have a lot of boycotting to do to get to all those people that voted for Prop 8. I'm sure they'll start that right after moving out of California.

Old 04-04-2014, 04:50 PM

57,281 posts, read 26,206,502 times
This is absurd, a good company getting rid of one of their co-founders because he made a donation of $1000 six years ago in a losing cause. He should be judged on his performance not on minutia that occurred 6 years ago, this is a dumb business decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies