Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 10:33 AM

14,293 posts, read 9,653,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Following your logic:

Apparently you believe that, in our capitalist system, if I am voting on a piece of legislation, and a wealthy donor offers me a fair price for my vote because he believes that it will benefit him, that this is a good thing and not corruption.

Except of course, when you can argue that the President is doing it, and then you can try to claim the moral high ground.
Give it a rest already, POLITICAL CORRUPTION is NOT capitalism!!!!!

Your persistent ignorance on this issue is astounding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2014, 10:33 AM

26,330 posts, read 14,928,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I agree, he does support all of those things on your list, so do I.
Obama has broken his word on everything on the list through his own actions. You take glee in being a sheep - you should be ashamed of yourself. You are not just hurting your country you are hurting Obama as he knows you do not think and will refuse to question his actions.

Old 04-07-2014, 10:35 AM

14,293 posts, read 9,653,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I've never ONCE heard the Left say these things about unions donating money hand over fist for Democrats. Now that the unions have competition, you guys are screaming the loudest, but never did before. The Leftwing agenda is so transparent.
Somehow the incestuous corruption between politicians and public and private unions escapes the left. Not to mention the left's ability to ignore the corrupt, corny capitalism between Obama and corporations.

Obviously I disapprove of it, but at least the private corporations use their own money to bribe politicians, Obama uses the taxpayer's money for his corrupt cronyism.

But even that is not always true. Obama will hand out taxpayer funded grants, subsides, and loan guarantees to corporations, and they will turn around and use this free taxpayer money as a kickback to bribe politicians and fund their campaigns.

Old 04-07-2014, 10:46 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,076,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Obama has broken his word on everything on the list through his own actions. You take glee in being a sheep - you should be ashamed of yourself. You are not just hurting your country you are hurting Obama as he knows you do not think and will refuse to question his actions.
Most of those things on your list require Congress to make them happen, Obama isn't a wizard, he still has to rely on others just like everyone else.

Old 04-07-2014, 10:51 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,792,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Give it a rest already, POLITICAL CORRUPTION is NOT capitalism!!!!!

Political corruption is selling votes, support and public policy. Capitalism is selling items of value to the highest bidder. Capitalism and corruption often go hand in hand together.

Old 04-07-2014, 10:59 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,424,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Political corruption is selling votes, support and public policy. Capitalism is selling items of value to the highest bidder. Capitalism and corruption often go hand in hand together.

Why haven't you EVER raised this issue about unions and their donating?

Old 04-07-2014, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Most of those things on your list require Congress to make them happen, Obama isn't a wizard, he still has to rely on others just like everyone else.
Everything on the list he either did himself or didn't try to stop congress from doing it and then signed off on it.

Do you support Bush, as Obama has endorsed virtually the entire laundry list of Bush? Or is Bush not as *hot* as Obama?

Let's take one issue at a time...and tell me whether it is Obama's fault or not his fault...

Obama criticized Bush for having lobbyists in the White House...he promised no lobbyists in certain White House positions...yet he has out Bushed Bush on this. Whose fault is this?

Obama's lobbyist rule: Promise Broken | PolitiFact

Side note:
Despite a shutdown in tours during the closing, he kept his doors open to lobbyists: EXography: No public tours, but 344 visits by lobbyists to the White House | WashingtonExaminer.com

More hypocrisy:
Mr. Transparency hides meetings with lobbyists and his officials: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/25/us...anted=all&_r=0

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-07-2014 at 11:32 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 04-07-2014, 11:20 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,076,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Everything on the list he either did himself or didn't try to stop congress from doing it and then signed off on it.

Do you support Bush, as Obama has endorsed virtually the entire laundry list of Bush? Or is Bush not as *hot* as Obama?

Let's take one issue at a time...and tell me whether it is Obama's fault or not his fault...

Obama criticized Bush for having lobbyists in the White House...he promised no lobbyists in certain White House positions...yet he has out Bushed Bush on this. Whose fault is this?

Obama's lobbyist rule: Promise Broken | PolitiFact

Side note:
Despite a shutdown in tours during the closing, he kept his doors open to lobbyists: EXography: No public tours, but 344 visits by lobbyists to the White House | WashingtonExaminer.com

More hypocrisy:
Mr. Transparency hides meetings with lobbyists and his officials: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/25/us...anted=all&_r=0
Yes, Obama is similar to other politicians, I am not denying that. My biggest issues with Bush was sending us to two pointless wars that cost this country billions as well as American lives, and him denying stem cell research. Beyond that he was a mediocre president with a speech problem.

I assume you hate Bush because he was just like Obama?

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-07-2014 at 11:33 AM..

Old 04-07-2014, 11:50 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,729,287 times
Quote:
Yes, Obama is similar to other politicians, I am not denying that. My biggest issues with Bush was sending us to two pointless wars that cost this country billions as well as American lives, and him denying stem cell research. Beyond that he was a mediocre president with a speech problem.

Two pointless wars?

He only lost credibility when going into Iraq.

We could have lived with just occupying Afghanistan though I personally am against both occupations.

Old 04-07-2014, 11:50 AM

Quote:

So will you admit that on the 1st issue that I brought up, lobbyists, Obama has broken promises under his own free will and been hypocritical? Will you agree to this - maybe there is hope for you.

Now we can move on to the next issue...

Obama blasted Bush for an increase in earmarks - it was irresponsible and a lack of leadership. Obama then promised to reduce earmarks back to 1994 levels by veto if necessary. *The Sheep applauded* Then as a popular president in his 1st 2 years with Democrats in control of the House and Senate -- earmarks rose above Bush levels. Obama has more earmarks than the Bush. He has Out Bushed Bush and the sheep made excuses or looked the other way!

Is Obama at least partially to blame for either willingly breaking this promise to oppose earmarks and reduce them OR being so inept that when he is popular with his party in power he chose not to veto or even go to the public to make his case - he simply let earmarks rise above Bush levels without a fuss.

The Obameter: Reduce earmarks to 1994 levels | PolitiFact

P.S. I am not a sheep, I recognize that Bush failed and that Obama is failing (and in large part due to sheep like you that excuse his every error - he knows he can break promises, because his sheep base will look the other way).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies