Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 01:21 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
The smell is probable cause. Yeah, I know what a crock of s***, but it's true. LE just loves the gravy train of shaking down someone over consumption of a plant.
They still need a warrant to enter the home. Just like they would if the "suspect" was in a car.

And yea we're both on the same page about the crock of BS. Wish you could call the cops on cigarette smokers. Then people may see the absurdity.

Old 04-04-2014, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ever hear Give me liberty or give me death...

The BAR would have barked loudly that day and surely they would be burying me right along with those 4 thugs.
I'd gladly fight for freedom.

Old 04-04-2014, 01:26 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
We went and talked to the police chief who was as big a crook as the rest of these clowns. Ended up having to pay a fine. Back story was she was running for city council at the time and wasn't one of the chosen ones by the city leaders. We moved shorty after that whole fiasco. Small towns and their crooked cops. I think they were trying to bust in and plant something myself to this day.

It wouldn't suprise me. In my town I tend to see more than one cop at a traffic stop. Why does it take more than one?

Old 04-04-2014, 02:48 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,275,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I know the law enough to know that an officer needs a warrant to enter a home.

Do you know the law? Do you know your rights?

The officer is lucky he wasn't shot.
You don't know the law at all. A police officer DOES NOT need a warrant to enter a home. There are MANY circumstances which permit a police officer or law enforcement officer to enter home WITHOUT a warrant. Many, many circumstances. Ever hear of exigent circumstances? How about public safety?

The officer was making a lawful arrest and/or detention. By law, upheld by the US Supreme Court, MANY TIMES, and the suspect went into the house to try and get around the arrest. The officer can follow that person and arrest them, WITHOUT A WARRANT. You only have to inform the person what he is arrested for when you have time; not immediately during or after the arrest. You have so many things going on, you don't have time to sit there and tell someone what they are under arrest for, in the middle of the arrest.

Therefore, once again, you have absolutely no clue what it is you are talking about and absolutely no clue what authority law enforcement has and does not have. Your pure hatred for police is astounding.

Old 04-04-2014, 02:51 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
It wouldn't suprise me. In my town I tend to see more than one cop at a traffic stop. Why does it take more than one?
Apparently there were five cops in our driveway that night to "investigate" fireworks of the 4th of July. Talk about overkill. Cops have become nothing but revenue collectors and tyrants anymore.

Old 04-04-2014, 02:55 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Pigs.

The liberal police state is upon us.

Old 04-04-2014, 02:59 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Apparently there were five cops in our driveway that night to "investigate" fireworks of the 4th of July. Talk about overkill. Cops have become nothing but revenue collectors and tyrants anymore.

Well, who wants to go after real bad guys? It's much easier to shake down someone with a small bag of weed, or shooting off fireworks. I had an old high school buddy who's dad was a Cleveland cop. He was from the old school. He rarely wrote out tickets, because he didn't want to waste time on the paperwork, and would rather focus on real crimes. Heck even with drunks he would rarely arrest them, or cite them unless they really got mouthy with him. Basically if they were drunk, he'd take their keys, say your car isn't moving, and take them home, or call a cab. If they got mouthy, he'd take the keys, and throw them down the sewer, and say good luck getting home. Now the guy may have been p***ed but it beats a suspended license, and thousands of dollars in legal fees, right?

Old 04-04-2014, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
You don't know the law at all. A police officer DOES NOT need a warrant to enter a home. There are MANY circumstances which permit a police officer or law enforcement officer to enter home WITHOUT a warrant. Many, many circumstances. Ever hear of exigent circumstances? How about public safety?

The officer was making a lawful arrest and/or detention. By law, upheld by the US Supreme Court, MANY TIMES, and the suspect went into the house to try and get around the arrest. The officer can follow that person and arrest them, WITHOUT A WARRANT. You only have to inform the person what he is arrested for when you have time; not immediately during or after the arrest. You have so many things going on, you don't have time to sit there and tell someone what they are under arrest for, in the middle of the arrest.

Therefore, once again, you have absolutely no clue what it is you are talking about and absolutely no clue what authority law enforcement has and does not have. Your pure hatred for police is astounding.
And yes, if there's no immediate danger, or clear violation of the law, the officer would need a warrant to enter the house. Did you see any of the above in the video? And your "exigent circumstance" doesn't apply here.

What was he arrested for?

There should be laws on the books where you have the right to stand your ground against unlawful searches and assaults. There should also be laws on the books to prosecute offices who conspire corruption.

Last edited by Gtownoe; 04-04-2014 at 03:16 PM..

Old 04-04-2014, 03:22 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,275,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
And yes, if there's no immediate danger, or clear violation of the law, the officer would need a warrant to enter the house. Did you see any of the above in the video? And your "exigent circumstance" doesn't apply here.

What was he arrested for?

There should be laws on the books where you have the right to stand your ground against unlawful searches and assaults. There should also be laws on the books to prosecute offices who conspire corruption.
And you base this on what? And that isn't what you said. You said and officer NEEDS a warrant to enter a home. You also said you knew the law, which you clearly DO NOT. The officer was issuing the suspect a misdemeanor summons for some sort of disorderly conduct and/or disturbing the peace. If you read the full article, the complaining party, ANOTHER CITIZEN, wanted the suspect issued said violation. The officer was conducting his job and when the suspect didn't have identification, he tried to go into the house. The officer has every right, UNDER THE US CONSTITUTION, as I said, upheld NUMEROUS times, to follow the suspect and detain him.

And officer can DETAIN someone and use force to do so. YOU DO NOT have the right to argue and/or refuse said detention or arrest. After the suspect refused to cooperate with the officer, he decided to take the suspect into physical custody, instead of issuing the citation. His choice. The suspect DOES NOT have the right to refuse, argue, etc. Again, this has been argued, litigated, time and time again; every time the US SUPREME Court has upheld the stance of law enforcement.

It doesn't matter what you "like" and/or think. You are wrong, have been wrong, and will continue to be wrong. You have no clue what it is you are talking about and never have. You spout off what "the law" is and you have no idea what the criminal justice system and law enforcement can, or cannot do. You go based upon "what you think" they should do.

Old 04-04-2014, 03:26 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Well, who wants to go after real bad guys? It's much easier to shake down someone with a small bag of weed, or shooting off fireworks. I had an old high school buddy who's dad was a Cleveland cop. He was from the old school. He rarely wrote out tickets, because he didn't want to waste time on the paperwork, and would rather focus on real crimes. Heck even with drunks he would rarely arrest them, or cite them unless they really got mouthy with him. Basically if they were drunk, he'd take their keys, say your car isn't moving, and take them home, or call a cab. If they got mouthy, he'd take the keys, and throw them down the sewer, and say good luck getting home. Now the guy may have been p***ed but it beats a suspended license, and thousands of dollars in legal fees, right?
Hell I remember back in high school you got caught driving around with booze in the car the cops would just dump it out and tell you to go home and stay there the rest of the night. That was back when open container was legal. Now you look at a cop the wrong way in their mind and you are in for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies