Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 03:27 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
And you base this on what? And that isn't what you said. You said and officer NEEDS a warrant to enter a home. You also said you knew the law, which you clearly DO NOT. The officer was issuing the suspect a misdemeanor summons for some sort of disorderly conduct and/or disturbing the peace. If you read the full article, the complaining party, ANOTHER CITIZEN, wanted the suspect issued said violation. The officer was conducting his job and when the suspect didn't have identification, he tried to go into the house. The officer has every right, UNDER THE US CONSTITUTION, as I said, upheld NUMEROUS times, to follow the suspect and detain him.

And officer can DETAIN someone and use force to do so. YOU DO NOT have the right to argue and/or refuse said detention or arrest. After the suspect refused to cooperate with the officer, he decided to take the suspect into physical custody, instead of issuing the citation. His choice. The suspect DOES NOT have the right to refuse, argue, etc. Again, this has been argued, litigated, time and time again; every time the US SUPREME Court has upheld the stance of law enforcement.

It doesn't matter what you "like" and/or think. You are wrong, have been wrong, and will continue to be wrong. You have no clue what it is you are talking about and never have. You spout off what "the law" is and you have no idea what the criminal justice system and law enforcement can, or cannot do. You go based upon "what you think" they should do.
What was he arrested for? Let's start there.

Go.

Old 04-04-2014, 03:28 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,658,053 times
Quote:
You don't know the law at all. A police officer DOES NOT need a warrant to enter a home. There are MANY circumstances which permit a police officer or law enforcement officer to enter home WITHOUT a warrant. Many, many circumstances. Ever hear of exigent circumstances? How about public safety?

The officer was making a lawful arrest and/or detention. By law, upheld by the US Supreme Court, MANY TIMES, and the suspect went into the house to try and get around the arrest. The officer can follow that person and arrest them, WITHOUT A WARRANT. You only have to inform the person what he is arrested for when you have time; not immediately during or after the arrest. You have so many things going on, you don't have time to sit there and tell someone what they are under arrest for, in the middle of the arrest.

Therefore, once again, you have absolutely no clue what it is you are talking about and absolutely no clue what authority law enforcement has and does not have. Your pure hatred for police is astounding.

LOL look at the uneducated nonsense you spew. You are a fool, practice what you preach since you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

So now you are saying , the cop witnessed the victim commit an illegal crime and ran inside to avoid the arrest? Wow i didn't know you gathered that information from the news article and video . You sure we are on the same page here or is that what you people California do?

Last time i checked , this was about profanity being used outside on ones private property. Some words exchanged , but no threats were made or any harm was done. Mind you that this cop was buddy buddy with the neighbor that called the police on him.

Maybe i will call the police on you for cursing LOL... Seriously grow up

Old 04-04-2014, 03:30 PM

Quote:
And you base this on what? And that isn't what you said. You said and officer NEEDS a warrant to enter a home. You also said you knew the law, which you clearly DO NOT. The officer was issuing the suspect a misdemeanor summons for some sort of disorderly conduct and/or disturbing the peace. If you read the full article, the complaining party, ANOTHER CITIZEN, wanted the suspect issued said violation. The officer was conducting his job and when the suspect didn't have identification, he tried to go into the house. The officer has every right, UNDER THE US CONSTITUTION, as I said, upheld NUMEROUS times, to follow the suspect and detain him.

And officer can DETAIN someone and use force to do so. YOU DO NOT have the right to argue and/or refuse said detention or arrest. After the suspect refused to cooperate with the officer, he decided to take the suspect into physical custody, instead of issuing the citation. His choice. The suspect DOES NOT have the right to refuse, argue, etc. Again, this has been argued, litigated, time and time again; every time the US SUPREME Court has upheld the stance of law enforcement.

It doesn't matter what you "like" and/or think. You are wrong, have been wrong, and will continue to be wrong. You have no clue what it is you are talking about and never have. You spout off what "the law" is and you have no idea what the criminal justice system and law enforcement can, or cannot do. You go based upon "what you think" they should do.
Why does he need to follow him in the house if he's only getting his ID?

Would he have been arrested for the summons to be served?

Quit with the BS.

Old 04-04-2014, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
LOL look at the uneducated nonsense you spew. You are a fool, practice what you preach since you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

So now you are saying , the cop witnessed the victim commit an illegal crime and ran inside to avoid the arrest? Wow i didn't know you gathered that information from the news article and video . You sure we are on the same page here or is that what you people California do?

Last time i checked , this was about profanity being used outside on ones private property. Some words exchanged , but no threats were made or any harm was done. Mind you that this cop was buddy buddy with the neighbor that called the police on him.

He fabricated his entire point of view.

Stop Phil! Your not on the job!!

Old 04-04-2014, 03:39 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I didn't see a warrant.

What was he being arrested for? The smell of marijuana is not illegal.

And even so, why would the officer NOT state what he was arresting him for?? (Maybe he didn't know what he was arresting him for)
No warrant needed since the officer told the suspect he was under arrest prior to entering the dwelling and thus had the right to enter to secure the suspect or to keep him in view.

What do you think of the law that bounty hunters can crash into your house without a warrant or warning and look for a suspect that is wanted?

And you have no recourse?

Old 04-04-2014, 03:44 PM

Quote:

Uh, he's right. They can enter the house following the suspect they had told was under arrest. No warrant needed.

In New Mexico, I saw a car leaving my driveway and I saw the front door hanging off the hinges meaning I had been burgled. So I chased after the car keeping it in view while on the phone to local Sheriff's office. 2 cars happened to be nearby and went to my location which was across the road from a trailer house. Since I had the car in sight the whole time, the deputies had probable cause to enter the house without any authorization.

Both meth heads went to prison as they were three time offenders. And I recovered my items they had stolen.

Old 04-04-2014, 03:46 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,658,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
No warrant needed since the officer told the suspect he was under arrest prior to entering the dwelling and thus had the right to enter to secure the suspect or to keep him in view.

What do you think of the law that bounty hunters can crash into your house without a warrant or warning and look for a suspect that is wanted?

What was the suspect under arrest for tho? If a suspect is not detained on a crime seen by the cop , or if the suspect does not give consent to the officer , then the cop does not have a right to go in his house without a issued warrant.

C'mon now, listen to what you are saying. Repeat this after me BOUNTY HUNTER , they already have that right to come get you since you have made a violation.

Old 04-04-2014, 03:48 PM

Quote:
What was the suspect under arrest for tho? If a suspect is not detained on a crime seen by the cop , or if the suspect does not give consent to the officer , then the cop does not have a right to go in his house without a issued warrant.

C'mon now, listen to what you are saying. Repeat this after me BOUNTY HUNTER , they already have that right to come get you since you have made a violation.
Reread my posts regarding arresting people. I will not repeat myself ad nauseum for this circus.

Old 04-04-2014, 04:05 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,429,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
...This guy should sue for every penny!!! STUPID WORTHLESS COPS!!!
I think this cop was careless professionally. But I also agree with Jancy Hoeffel, professor in criminal law and constitutional criminal procedure at Tulane University Law School counsels youths about their rights when she says that she tells [people] to cooperate, in the moment. "Cooperate now, litigate later... I admire people who stand up for their rights. At the same time, it's for their safety. In general, things only get worse if you don't cooperate."

Old 04-04-2014, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post

And you have no recourse?
Your pretty full of it. You and Phil can't even get your stories right. First he's only being served a summons, now your saying he was already under arrest.

Which is it??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies