Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 10:43 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,999,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
But the ends do not justify the means. Cops have a better knowledge of law than most people. And they will use it to their advantage. I used to be a cop. I know how it works. I know the trigger words to use if I want to manufacture an arrest. Cause the suspect to resist and that's all there is to it. I have seen it happen and it will continue to happen. The best way is to comply, gather your evidence, find an attorney who will work for a commission of the suit and you are off to the races. That will bring a cop down faster than any video. If there is a hint of wrong doing, the cop is suspended until further investigation. Your suit can get him suspended off the street until the case is decided. You have suddenly won half the battle. Now all you have to do is win the war.

But resist any and all complaints whether wrong or right completely disappear because you did not follow the officers lawful order. At that point, no lawyer will touch it.

A video will tell some of the story, but not all of the story. A video can work against you. Be very careful using a video. The cop can have his dash cam and he has his video.

You have to come off as being reasonable and make the cop look like a turd in court or in settlement talks. Don't act like you have a vendetta. Attitude is key. Cops have the mentality that they can arrest because a person showed "contempt of cop" and will use their trigger words to generate an incident where you come off looking like an idiot.

Just sayin.

I'm not here to hammer on all cops, because they have a tough job. There are some good ones, and it's the bad ones that screw it up for the good ones. However; manufacturing and arrest is quite a shady way to go about it. An officer's job should NOT be to provoke an arrest.

Old 04-04-2014, 12:22 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,137,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Two sides to every story. But let the knee-jerk outrage prevail.

JPSO releases statement about arrest caught on video; legal experts weigh in | NOLA.com
I didn't see a warrant.

What was he being arrested for? The smell of marijuana is not illegal.

And even so, why would the officer NOT state what he was arresting him for?? (Maybe he didn't know what he was arresting him for)

Old 04-04-2014, 12:25 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Hat's off the the brave homeowner who filmed the entire incident. He went viral with his video and it looks like it saved his friend's reputation.

As you can see in the video, the officer literally forces his way into the man's home, shoving him out of the way and barging through the door. He then assaults the man and refuses to tell him why he's being arrested.

The whole incident was caught on tape.

White Cop Forces His Way Into Terrified Black Man's Home and Arrests Him

The video above, which appeared on WorlstarHipHop yesterday, shows a Jeffersons Parish Sheriff's Department officer forcing his way into a man's home, pushing the man onto his couch, and handcuffing and arresting him, all while the man pleads "You're scaring me" and "Why are you doing this?" The cop orders the bystander recording the interaction to "get out of here," to which the bystander replies, "But this is my house!" At one point the man being arrested begins to panic, yelling "Please don't shoot me!"

Cop Arrests Black Guy For No Reason THIS IS WRONG (WorldStar) - YouTube
and you know this was not a set up? I can't believe how many of you take all these videos as factual and at face value. Do you also read the Globe and National Inquirer?

Old 04-04-2014, 12:27 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,137,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and you know this was not a set up? I can't believe how many of you take all these videos as factual and at face value!!!?????? Some people are just way to gullible~
I know the law enough to know that an officer needs a warrant to enter a home.

Do you know the law? Do you know your rights?

The officer is lucky he wasn't shot.

Old 04-04-2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:
I didn't see a warrant.

And even so, why would the officer NOT state what he was arresting him for?? (Maybe he didn't know what he was arresting him for)

The smell is probable cause. Yeah, I know what a crock of s***, but it's true. LE just loves the gravy train of shaking down someone over consumption of a plant.

Old 04-04-2014, 12:48 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,659,890 times
Quote:
I didn't see a warrant.

This is the sneaky tactics they use , but the officer needs consent to enter the guys home if he smells weed in the house. If he allows the cop to come in , then the police officer needs to locate it and not just look for something.He also needs to be able to in good faith recognize the weed and bring it in as evidence if found.

Now, in this case the cop busted in his house, there was no consent that he can come inside so therefore the police officer needed to get a search warrant.

Its been a big issue lately and i think it will soon not be able to use as probable cause. Especially now with CO laws , etc... So its kinda a flip flop situation... But still if there is no consent to a search , the officer needs a warrant.

Old 04-04-2014, 12:56 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,024,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
The smell is probable cause. Yeah, I know what a crock of s***, but it's true. LE just loves the gravy train of shaking down someone over consumption of a plant.
The cop should have stated why he was there to begin with. Few years back cops tried to force their way into our home on the fourth because they claimed my wife was shooting fireworks. I wasn't home at the time but they came to the door and asked for her license which she provided then tried to push their way in. One stuck their foot in the door as she tried to close it and she mashed his ankle up. They stole her license and left and charged her with interfering with a police investigation. On the 4th of July. Just ridiculous. Then they jumped our privacy fence and found a discharged bottle rocket in the back yard and claimed that was the evidence of shooting fireworks. Meanwhile fireworks were going off all over town could have came from anywhere. Nazi's at work.

Old 04-04-2014, 12:57 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Quote:
I believe it happens a lot more than people think. Especially to people who don't have the financial means to protect themselves.

Here is another home invasion by the Police. They tase the mother of the home while a child is in the house and another is outside playing.

Home Invasion warrant-less entry because couple refused to talk to Cotati CA police - YouTube

Ever hear Give me liberty or give me death...

The BAR would have barked loudly that day and surely they would be burying me right along with those 4 thugs.

Old 04-04-2014, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
The cop should have stated why he was there to begin with. Few years back cops tried to force their way into our home on the fourth because they claimed my wife was shooting fireworks. I wasn't home at the time but they came to the door and asked for her license which she provided then tried to push their way in. One stuck their foot in the door as she tried to close it and she mashed his ankle up. They stole her license and left and charged her with interfering with a police investigation. On the 4th of July. Just ridiculous. Then they jumped our privacy fence and found a discharged bottle rocket in the back yard and claimed that was the evidence of shooting fireworks. Meanwhile fireworks were going off all over town could have came from anywhere. Nazi's at work.

Did you file a complaint? Whatever happened to the charges? Given that fireworks are illegal to shoot off in a lot of places, it sounds like the knuckleheads that your wife had to deal with were looking for an easy payday, not to mention they probably had to fill some quota. As for this story the cop should have stated why he was there.

Old 04-04-2014, 01:04 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,024,433 times
We went and talked to the police chief who was as big a crook as the rest of these clowns. Ended up having to pay a fine. Back story was she was running for city council at the time and wasn't one of the chosen ones by the city leaders. We moved shorty after that whole fiasco. Small towns and their crooked cops. I think they were trying to bust in and plant something myself to this day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies