Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 10:04 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Try again, these tests were done so the EPA can push OBAMA'S agenda of more regulation to kill more industry. There was NO reason at all for these tests. The EPA ALREADY concluded that those pollutants are bad for you and even deadly at MUCH lower concentrations then they used on the test subjects. What exactly were they trying to prove? That a person will die when exposed to a certain level? They ALREADY KNEW THIS!
Probably things such as how much toxin was the threshold to sufficiently infect the lungs to the point where it does permanent damage. Stuff like that.

While it might differ in degree of severity, Dr. Widmann got lots of valuable data at the expense of people who weren't even productive in society. That screams greater good to me as it kind of kills two birds with one stone. Fewer mental patients to take care of and valuable research results.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2014, 10:04 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
So it's the greater good for human experiments with things you like, but it is not the greater good if the EPA does it on things that affect everyone on Earth. Experiments that have shown a few minor short term adverse effects compared to medical studies that can sometimes do a lot of harm unintentionally.

I see what it is. It is the greater good for things you like, and evil for things you don't. It's not science that is wrong, it is what you think of it that is.

50 times normal levels according to your link, just that the written disclosure was not comprehensive enough for the IRB according to your link again. Did you even read it or are you just so angry you don't need no stinking facts?

How were they not aware of the experiment? They were sitting in a plastic box for 2 hours after signing a document voluteering for it. If they weren't aware I would have serious questions of their mental state.

So it is evil for people to volunteer for an experiment because the government is evil?

I hope you don't use medical treatments either if this human experimentation is evil. Stand up for your ethics.
You never even read the actual report. Figures. Go educate yourself and stop looking like such a complete idiot. IN THE REPORT it says that the CONSENT forms were misleading and DID NOT tell the subjects about the possible health risks involved and didn't tell them that they were going to go 50 times higher than what is considered deadly BY THAT SAME EPA! Go read it!

Old 04-04-2014, 10:09 AM

Quote:
You never even read the actual report. Figures. Go educate yourself and stop looking like such a complete idiot. IN THE REPORT it says that the CONSENT forms were misleading and DID NOT tell the subjects about the possible health risks involved and didn't tell them that they were going to go 50 times higher than what is considered deadly BY THAT SAME EPA! Go read it!
Don't you worry. A blue ribbon panel will investigate this. The result will be that the infected lungs will return to normal and the EPA will no longer conduct this sort of research. You hear me? A BLUE RIBBON panel!

Old 04-04-2014, 10:17 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Children can sign consent forms? Since when?

Old 04-04-2014, 10:28 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,461,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Please, it is simply solved. Sterilize them all. We could call it "medical re-socialization" or something. We can find ways. The biological necessities are all met. My...The Nuremberg Laws are respected, a simple procedure...

- Colin Firth as Dr. Stuckart
So science is evil because of a quote from a TV show?

You do know the difference between reality and fiction right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Our research did not even permit us to expose children to violent aspects of 3D gaming. It presented a tremendous challenge because those aspects were what compelled students to enjoy the AI based educational games we developed for them. We were heavily restricted in terms of how we conducted our human studies.

In before "well, you're not in a real science" or some other retarded nonsense.
Yeah, I don't believe you that this research was ever even proposed. You have dodged being debunked that the study was conducted on children multiple times with a singular lack of integrity. Your word is worth less than the computer sprites used to display them. I have countered all the BS you spout and instead of addressing it you just keep spewing new junk like a broken garbage truck in order to move the goalposts.

Frankly I am tired of getting lied to. If you want to be a fool, great...it's your life. I am sick of wasting my time trying to correct the lies you tell yourself just to have you spew new nonsense without addressing the old.

This has been a great learning experiance for me to realize that the people who hate the EPA, regulations, and even science are frankly not worth the effort to even deal with. They are wrong and too stupid to ever see it no matter how many times it is shown to them. Thank you.

Old 04-04-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Children can sign consent forms? Since when?
The same way they signed them for our human research studies, via their parents or guardians.

Old 04-04-2014, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
So science is evil because of a quote from a TV show?

You do know the difference between reality and fiction right?
That movie was based on transcripts from the conference. Stuckart was an adamant supporter of sterilization, by the law.

Quote:
This has been a great learning experiance for me to realize that the people who hate the EPA, regulations, and even science are frankly not worth the effort to even deal with. They are wrong and too stupid to ever see it no matter how many times it is shown to them.
For me to hate science is to hate my profession. I get paid too well and enjoy my research too much to think that way.

As far as believability, take a look into IRBs sometime and see what restrictions computer science and ed psych folks have to undergo to conduct human studies. Modding Half-Life 2 and taking out all the weapons doesn't exactly make kids scream to want to play, especially when they're told they'll be learning science as part of the gameplay.

Come check out the project page and your comments are welcome!

http://vimeo.com/54292973

Quote:
Thank you.
You're welcome. It was a pleasure chatting with you.

Old 04-04-2014, 11:08 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,263,400 times
Quote:
Try again, these tests were done so the EPA can push OBAMA'S agenda of more regulation to kill more industry. There was NO reason at all for these tests. The EPA ALREADY concluded that those pollutants are bad for you and even deadly at MUCH lower concentrations then they used on the test subjects. What exactly were they trying to prove? That a person will die when exposed to a certain level? They ALREADY KNEW THIS!
*sigh* The tests were done under Bush. They've been made public under Obama, by Obama's EPA.

I really don't understand why you keep ignoring what's in the link provided by the OP.

Oh wait … yes I do.

Old 04-04-2014, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
*sigh* The tests were done under Bush. They've been made public under Obama, by Obama's EPA.

I really don't understand why you keep ignoring what's in the link provided by the OP.

Oh wait … yes I do.
No they weren't! They were conducted between 2009-2011. Will you just stop the ignorance and read the damn report already!

Old 04-04-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post

Oh wait … yes I do.
Why do you lie intentionally? STRAIGHT FROM THE REPORT YOU DID NOT READ!

Quote:

Why We Did This Review
In response to a congressional
request, we conducted this
review to determine whether
the U.S. Environmental
Protection Agency (EPA)
followed applicable laws,
regulations, policies,
procedures and guidance when
it exposed human subjects to
diesel exhaust emissions or
concentrated airborne particles.
In particular, we reviewed five
studies that the EPA conducted
during 2010 and 2011
Read the report:

http://www.epa.gov/oig/reports/2014/...-14-P-0154.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies