Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 06:53 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Loney View Post
And the point sails right past you.
I answered your question.

If I missed anything...perhaps it was in the delivery???

Old 04-04-2014, 06:53 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,893,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
That being true...doesn't a solder have the same right to defend themselves as I do???
Goodnight doesn't believe you should have the Right to carry a gun either so..... Using that logic won't get you anywhere with them.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Goodnight doesn't believe you should have the Right to carry a gun either so..... Using that logic won't get you anywhere with them.
Yet I do have that right.

I just can't understand why those in the service should be setting ducks.

But, that's just me.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:00 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
The only problem is, making a law or rule that says "no soldier is allowed to carry on base" doesn't actually prevent anyone from carrying a gun, as two attacks on Fort Hood, and numerous other attacks in supposed "gun free zones" so clearly proves.

Not only that, but why would you give more credence to Lt. Gen. Mark Milley than you would to Ret. Sgt. Alonzo Lunsford, who, after being shot seven times, survived the 2009 attack on Fort Hood and believes that if soldiers were allowed to carry guns on base that this type of tragedy might be prevented? Why is Ret. Sgt. Alonzo Lunsford's opinion any less credible?

Fort Hood 2009 Survivor to Ronan Farrow: ‘More Guns’ Are the Answer | Mediaite
Are you trying to say that military bases are unsafe? If that is the case, then I think you are misinformed.

You can feel free to give credits to whomever you want to give credits to. I chose to give credits to the MP on this site, tons of military friends that I have in real life, and Lt. Gen Mark Milley. (not implying I am right, you are wrong though)

You don't have to agree with me, hey, this is a free country.

I think Palin is an idiot for wanting every soldier and Marine to be armed on BASES, becase of the following reasons,
I have made my point very clear pages ago

"For all soldiers/Marines to be armed presents a severe and debilitating logistical challenge to the entire military as a whole, to include the Navy, Air force, and Coast Guard will receive the brunt of.

Already, there are several armed elements that reside on base. Nobody is at liberty to discuss any of this on a blog website to keep strict accordance with military regulations that cover operational security."

SOME people pushing for more guns are politicians who stand to profit financially or civilians with delusions of grandeur and not the trained people who are in the middle of it and know exactly the value of being armed.

I am pro gun right, but this is the military bases we are talking about, not movie theater, not shopping malls. Perhaps you need to do more research?

Old 04-04-2014, 07:01 PM

878 posts, read 737,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Loney View Post
Once again. Explain this?

Palin Witchcraft - YouTube
Actually this was very presidential. Heads of state often accept blessings from sects they would not join and faiths they might not practice. The man that blessed Palin, who was raised Catholic, was a Christian invited by the church.......not Palin.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:05 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,893,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Yet I do have that right.

I just can't understand why those in the service should be setting ducks.

But, that's just me.
Couldn't agree more. I'm merely pointing out that the person you were replying to doesn't believe you, or a soldier should have that right.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Are you trying to say that military bases are unsafe? If that is the case, then I think you are misinformed.

You can feel free to give credits to whomever you want to give credits to. I chose to give credits to the MP on this site, tons of military friends that I have in real life, and Lt. Gen Mark Milley.

You don't have to agree with me, hey, this is a free country.

I think Palin is an idiot for wanting every soldier and Marine to be armed on BASES, becase of the following reasons,
I have made my point very clear pages ago

"For all soldiers/Marines to be armed presents a severe and debilitating logistical challenge to the entire military as a whole, to include the Navy, Air force, and Coast Guard will receive the brunt of.

Already, there are several armed elements that reside on base. Nobody is at liberty to discuss any of this on a blog website to keep strict accordance with military regulations that cover operational security."

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/0...ops-105346.htm

Did I miss something??

I see were she wanted them to be able to defend themselves. Not mandatory carry...just the same right as me.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:06 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,884,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
okay, so you don't know the differences.

Now, here is another argument, try to challenge it

For all soldiers/Marines to be armed presents a severe and debilitating logistical challenge to the entire military as a whole.
That's why in the world of planning, Enhanced security from combat units to help the Contracted Police dept.
The debate is not about every soldier carrying a side arm. The debate is have a stronger security stance in the first place.

You are correct there is a cost to support that mission and the accountability of releasing that many weapons.

I like Palin, but her answer was too simplistic at for me being retired infantry. But I get her point. Thus the problem with most politicians try to give a 30 second answer when this discussion is a matter of weeks and months.

Obama is guilty of the same. I worry when he begins a sentence with a long "Ahhhhhhhhh"

Old 04-04-2014, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Couldn't agree more. I'm merely pointing out that the person you were replying to doesn't believe you, or a soldier should have that right.
That is sad.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:10 PM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
She also wanted prayer cards reinstated on an Alaskan Airline.
Because after all, everybody knows that prayer is the only thing holding an airplane aloft.

Bob Allman: [the airplane shakes] Are you doing that?
The Devil: No, no. Turbulence is no good to me - everybody prays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies