Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 07:10 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Loney View Post
It really is amazing how far apologists will go to defend the indefensible. Have you seen her EVER distance herself from him? Nooooooo you have not.

Freaking hilarious.
True apologists never lead or, look strong.

https://www.google.com/search?q=obam...ml%3B460%3B288

Old 04-04-2014, 07:12 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
That's why in the world of planning, Enhanced security from combat units to help the Contracted Police dept.
The debate is not about every soldier carrying a side arm. The debate is have a stronger security stance in the first place.

You are correct there is a cost to support that mission and the accountability of releasing that many weapons.

I like Palin, but her answer was too simplistic at for me being retired infantry. But I get her point. Thus the problem with most politicians try to give a 30 second answer when this discussion is a matter of weeks and months.

Obama is guilty of the same. I worry when he begins a sentence with a long "Ahhhhhhhhh"
I do agree with you on this one though.

Obama is equally guilty when he radically changed the rules of engagement in combat zone, but that is another topic has nothing to do with this.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:17 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Are you trying to say that military bases are
unsafe? If that is the case, then I think you are misinformed.
No. Where did I say that? It is probably as safe as any place can be. That said, no where is completely safe, and everyone, particularly trained service men and women, should have the right to the tools necessary to defend themselves.
Quote:
You can feel free to give credits to whomever you want to give credits to. I
chose to give credits to the MP on this site, tons of military friends that I
have in real life, and Lt. Gen Mark Milley.
Yeah I'm sure you have "tons" of military friends, all of whom you called up and asked their opinion on this, just so you could say so on this forum.... { the key to a good fabrication is to not be too obvious. Keep that in mind for future reference }

You chose to give these people credit because they agree with your point of view, and for no other reason. You can't dispute the fact that there are just as qualified people out there who disagree with you and all of your supposed "friends"... Until you can discredit the just as qualified people who disagree with you, pointing to the ones who do agree with you as validation of your opinion doesn't really work
Quote:
I think Palin is an idiot for wanting every soldier and Marine to be armed on
BASES, becase of the following reasons,
I have made my point very clear pages ago
Let's not bring the idiot Palin in to it. The argument that soldiers should be allowed to arm themselves on bases existed long before her and stands on it's own merits without invoking her position on it.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:19 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/0...ops-105346.htm

Did I miss something??

I see were she wanted them to be able to defend themselves. Not mandatory carry...just the same right as me.
I think you are missing the point. For the most part military posts/bases are very secure and safe. The military keeps who carries a loaded weapon and when under tight control for a reason.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:21 PM

I live in a very safe rural area....still I have the right to carry a gun and even conceal it.

I just would like to see the same for the military.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:24 PM

28,670 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamford View Post
It might work on domestic bases, but I don't think a lot of foreign countries would allow US Personnel to wander the streets fully armed.
Wouldn't be to popular in a lot of stateside army towns, either.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:26 PM

28,670 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
exactly

"I don't think soldiers should have concealed weapons on base," Lt. Gen. Mark Milley, the commander of Fort Hood, said at a news conference on Wednesday."

"This is the third mass shooting on a military base in five years, and it's because our trained soldiers aren't allowed to carry defensive weapons," Texas Republican Rep. Steve Stockman"

Now which one of those two you find more credible, common sense tells me it is not the dude who gets NRA money stuffed into his wallet.
Both are correct. If all soldiers were armed, there would not have been only three mass shootings in five years.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:26 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I live in a very safe rural area....still I have the right to carry a gun and even conceal it.

I just would like to see the same for the military.
I am not allowed to take a gun to my job. I wonder how many people are allowed to bring firearms on the job.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:28 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:

SOME people pushing for more guns are politicians who stand to profit financially or civilians with delusions of grandeur and not the trained people who are in the middle of it and know exactly the value of being armed.
?
Please show us how a politician will profit from passing a law allowing soldiers to carry on base?

Oh let me guess.... NRA????

And btw, I would say Ret. Sgt. Alonzo Lunsford was in fact trained and "in the middle of it" when he was shot seven times at Fort Hood in 2009. I would say he, of all people, should know the advantages and disadvantages of soldiers being armed on base.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I am not allowed to take a gun to my job. I wonder how many people are allowed to bring firearms on the job.
I do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies