Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 08:56 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_hair View Post
Right wingers have no problem bearing false witness.
Republicans didn't claim "If you like your plan, you can keep your plan. Period." Democrats lie more frequently (almost always) and with much more severe consequences to those who stupidly believe their lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2014, 08:58 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,575,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Republicans didn't claim "If you like your plan, you can keep your plan. Period." Democrats lie more frequently (almost always) and with much more severe consequences to those who stupidly believe their lies.
And how does a "you too" absolve you of bearing false witness?

Old 04-05-2014, 09:02 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
The Female Prostate - Journal of the National Cancer Institute

Old 04-05-2014, 09:03 AM

25,684 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post

Well, that settles it... learn something new every day.

Men get breast cancer as well. But, I already knew that.

Old 04-05-2014, 09:26 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Not as good as the democrat that wondered if Guam would tip over if too many people were on the island.
Wasn't it (D)Representative Sheila Jackson who asked during a tour of the Jet Propulsion Laboratory "If the Mars Pathfinder probe had taken a picture of that flag Neil Armstrong planted on Mars in 1969"?

Old 04-05-2014, 09:34 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,048,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
More rightwing histrionics. Take one line out of context (You didn't build that; What difference does it make?) and pretend it means something else. Trying to engage with them about their inanity is like trying to have an adult discussion with a two year old. Pointless.
You mean like the 47% thing? And the recent Paul Ryan hoopla?

As usual, it's acceptable for Dems to do it, but not the other way around...

Old 04-05-2014, 09:37 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_hair View Post
And how does a "you too" absolve you of bearing false witness?
How did I say "you too"? I specifically said Republicans had nothing to do with the big health care lie told by the Democrats.

Old 04-05-2014, 02:02 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I think that was the point of her asking. To show that you do not have to require that EVERYTHING be covered for EVERY enrollee. Women don't need coverage for prostrate cancer any more than men need coverage for pap smears. Insurance gets expensive if it has to cover everything. It's like everyone having to insure a piano on their home owners insurance whether they have one or not but the insurance only pays if you actually have one. It's stupid to force everyone to carry big ticket insurance items when they can't ever use the policy for them. I'm never going to get prostrate cancer because I don't have a prostrate so I don't need prostrate cancer, for me, covered by my insurance. Now dh does. What is hilarious is that the man standing at the podium couldn't answer the question.
Quote by Ivorytickler
"Insurance gets expensive if it has to cover everything."

I beg your pardon, but respectfully, the exact opposite is true.

Take breast cancer for example: If only women have to have it on their insurance policy then the pool of the insured that are covering the cost of breast cancer is half as large as it would be if men paid into the pool also. Therefore, the percentage of people who will get it will be higher when factored into the actuary tables, thus increasing the cost of coverage. Same goes for prostrate cancer coverage.

Seems a fair exchange. I, as a man will contribute to the pool of breast cancer coverage while you as a woman will contribute to my prostrate cancer coverage. In the end, the price of coverage is cheaper for both of us due to increased pooling of front end resources and a lower percentage of people who need to use the coverage. Put another way, if only 1% of your insurance pool ever need a certain procedure, then the price of coverage for that procedure will be relatively small. But if say 5% of your pool ever need to use that procedure, then the price of coverage will be an equal factor higher.
But of course the concept is anathema to republican conservatives. whereas one system say's "We're all in this together" while the other system say's "********* buddy, I'll pay for what I need and you pay for your own needs". In the end, everyone pay's more for the privilege.

Old 04-05-2014, 02:24 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,633,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
An ex post facto excuse for an idiot question. Why does the word 'spin' keep spinning in my head?

El Nox
Because that's what you're really hoping it is?

Even if it was, the Democrats hardly have a monopoly on saying stupid things.

Old 04-05-2014, 02:25 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Would have been a funny video, except for all of the added crap which took away from it and was very insulting..

A dumb question is one thing, being an idiot in response is another
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies