Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 03:33 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Your article is from 2008. can you find anything newer? Hey, it's Charlie Rangel. What do you expect from the race hustler?

From the House Government Handbook. The Senate does NOT have a car lease program.

Members' Handbook | Committee on House Administration

"Officially Leased Vehicles Ordinary and necessary expenses related to the lease of a vehicle in support of the conduct of official and representational duties are reimbursable.
Non-governmental use of such a vehicle may be made only when such use is:
  1. During the course of and generally along the route of a day's official itinerary.
  2. Incidental to the day's official and representational business.
  3. De minimis in nature, frequency, and time consumed.
  4. Does not otherwise constitute a significant activity or event.
  5. Not for any campaign/campaign-related political party purpose."
Which reads to me the car is NOT to be used to commute to and from work.

Going to a town hall meeting is OK.

The Senate does NOT have car lease program.

Do you drive your own car for the company you work for for free?
Somtimes I'm amazed at the lengths people will go to rather than admit "O.K. I was wrong".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2014, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Where do you live and where do you work?
What difference does it make? As I noted, it was the first on the list of many in that price range.

Old 04-07-2014, 03:49 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
There ARE total of 123 democrats and 81 republicans in Congress.

Only 32.2% are lawyers in the House and 43% in the Senate.

What percentage of US congress members are lawyers

It is NOT as bad as most people think.
What isn't as bad?
Our debt?
Our elected Reps inability to work together for the good of the nation over party bias?
Special interest groups dictating policy?
The never ending stream of lies?
What isn't as bad?

Old 04-07-2014, 07:07 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,770,320 times
Glad he's retiring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It was the first on the list. There were quite a few at the same price. I believe it said it was 23 miles. I travel 25 miles to work.
Traveling that distance anywhere towards DC and the inner beltway suburbs will be a nightmare.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
Glad he's retiring.

Traveling that distance anywhere towards DC and the inner beltway suburbs will be a nightmare.

And yet others do it all the time. Even if they pick one far closer that costs twice as much that still leaves them far more than most for a part time job.

Maybe they would have an argument if they were actually doing a good job.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:13 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,770,320 times
Quote:
And yet others do it all the time. Even if they pick one far closer that costs twice as much that still leaves them far more than most for a part time job.

Maybe they would have an argument if they were actually doing a good job.
Fair enough.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:37 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
What difference does it make? As I noted, it was the first on the list of many in that price range.
"What difference does it make" Just goes to show your lack of knowledge on the subject.

On the week end I went to work on Saturday's an it took about 35 minutes for the 35 mile drive.

During the week it took an 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes.

From poster Mike from back east, "We lived in Chantilly from 1977 to 2005, 28 years.

Drove from there to 18th & F street daily. If we left at 5:30AM, we could do it in 30 minutes - IF all was well with the roads. If we had left at 7AM, that would've been 60-90 minutes. All of this depends on using the carpool lanes, if you don't qualify, then the sky's the limit on how long it will take.

Same for the evening trip home. At least 45-60 minutes in the evening, even WITH carpool lanes.

It's going to be dreadful"

Distance is NOT the ONLY thing to consider in your commute.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:41 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,659,014 times
Its called traffic , we have it all over the country. BOO HOO too ****ing bad, get over it ... Many people spend an hour or more to get to and from work. There is something called budgeting in life, so this way you get your priorities right. If the pay and rent didnt suit your lifestyle/needs then thats your problem, plan ahead next time.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:48 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
What isn't as bad?
Our debt?
Our elected Reps inability to work together for the good of the nation over party bias?
Special interest groups dictating policy?
The never ending stream of lies?
What isn't as bad?
"What isn't as bad' Please follow along wit the posts BEFORE chimming in.

The post I responded to was about lawyers and has NOTING to do with your complaints which I agree with you on.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:58 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
They should all get paid 75K a year tops ... Learn to live in the middle class world , then maybe they will feel reality. Crooks

Im sorry but if you cant live off of 175k salary plus benefits they get , the pay is not the problem but the lifestyle they have is. 175k is doable for many people , especially people that are making half of that and are able to live life.

Indeed. Give me $175K per year, and watch how well I live. This whiner should resign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies