Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2014, 10:00 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,830,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
No, I base it on the scientific validity of their sources. I haven't failed anything, you just don't like me because I know the difference between scientific publications and what you guys produce.
you keep saying that you base everything on scientific publications, but then link to left wing bloggers. as for me not liking you, i have no idea if i like you or not because i have never met you. we disagree politically but so what? i dont judge people based on what they say over the internet. who knows if we met in person we might be best friends, or we might try to rip each other apart.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:01 PM

2,430 posts, read 2,767,040 times
Default WE are the man

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
It's scientific proof that conservatives often operate with the fear based portion of their brains more than liberals do. While I disagree with man-made climate change 100%, I also disagree that "the man" is out to get you, gut you, and sell your kids off to sexual slavery or whatever else the conspiracy mongers can come up with.
Every thing is for sale, stolen airplane parts, the passengers parts, congressmen, DNA.

Old 04-29-2014, 12:08 AM

33,530 posts, read 37,130,597 times
Young People Are Taking the Government to Court Over Its Failure to Address Climate Change | Activism | BillMoyers.com

In tandem with the federal lawsuit, similar efforts by American youth, also guided by Our Children’s Trust, are aimed at state agencies in Alaska, New Mexico, Oregon and Texas.

Old 04-29-2014, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Young People Are Taking the Government to Court Over Its Failure to Address Climate Change | Activism | BillMoyers.com

In tandem with the federal lawsuit, similar efforts by American youth, also guided by Our Children’s Trust, are aimed at state agencies in Alaska, New Mexico, Oregon and Texas.
nothing new there. what will probably happen is the same thing that happens when environmentalists sue the government. a trial will start, and part way through the trial the plaintiffs, which ever environmental group it happens to be at that point in time, will work out a "deal" with the respondents, aka the government agency being sued, usually the EPA, where by the agency creates certain new regulations, and sets up stiffer fines for those not abiding by those regulations, and the agency in question also pays the plaintiffs attorneys fees as well. in other words the "trial" is fixed, but since there is no proof of that, the judge has to accept the "deal".

Old 04-29-2014, 12:17 AM

33,530 posts, read 37,130,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
nothing new there. what will probably happen is the same thing that happens when environmentalists sue the government. a trial will start, and part way through the trial the plaintiffs, which ever environmental group it happens to be at that point in time, will work out a "deal" with the respondents, aka the government agency being sued, usually the EPA, where by the agency creates certain new regulations, and sets up stiffer fines for those not abiding by those regulations, and the agency in question also pays the plaintiffs attorneys fees as well. in other words the "trial" is fixed, but since there is no proof of that, the judge has to accept the "deal".
Oh, I forgot that you see the future....That must be nice for you.

Old 04-29-2014, 04:31 AM

1,143 posts, read 1,079,829 times
Default Top Climate Expert's Sensational Claim Of Government Meddling In Crucial UN Report

Global Warming a complete scam. It can't be. It's all right wing conspiracy

Harvard Univ. Prof. On UN IPCC: ‘Serious ‘conflict of interest’ between scientists and governments’ – Top climate expert’s sensational claim of government meddling in crucial UN report – UN Lead Author Robert Stavins ‘was one of only two scientists present, surrounded by ‘45 or 50’ government officials’

Top climate expert's sensational claim of government meddling in crucial UN report | Mail Online

Old 04-29-2014, 11:45 AM

just wait for the alarmist crowd to come in and make the claim that this guy is really a "denier", or he doesnt know what he is talking about, or he is not really a scientist but rather a blogger and he has no credentials. or they will say that he has no proof of his claims.

Old 04-29-2014, 11:49 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 25 days ago)

27,640 posts, read 16,123,288 times
government meddling? Gee what could they be up to? too bad they didnt label it global cooling and wind.... i might have gave it a second thought

Old 04-29-2014, 11:51 AM

1,989 posts, read 2,535,134 times
He's not a Harvard Professor and he's not a climate scientist. He's an economist. I'm sure that the AGW people will come along with more here in a few minutes. They can be surprisingly fast at times when invalidating any arguement they don't agree with.

Old 04-29-2014, 12:27 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,284,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
just wait for the alarmist crowd to come in and make the claim that this guy is really a "denier", or he doesnt know what he is talking about, or he is not really a scientist but rather a blogger and he has no credentials. or they will say that he has no proof of his claims.
And yet you guys still try to pretend your argument is worth listening to. It's weird: you obviously understand why the right's claims have no merit, but you whine about people who point out that the right's claims have no merit. Why support positions you know have no merit? Why continue to embarrass yourselves for the sake of the idiots in the Republican party?

These are rhetorical questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies