Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2014, 10:30 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,932,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
And yet you guys still try to pretend your argument is worth listening to. It's weird: you obviously understand why the right's claims have no merit, but you whine about people who point out that the right's claims have no merit. Why support positions you know have no merit? Why continue to embarrass yourselves for the sake of the idiots in the Republican party?

These are rhetorical questions.
Why the hell is this even a right or left issue? Globull warming is Al Gore's scam but why is it a political issue?

Old 05-01-2014, 10:39 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,284,443 times
I don't know why the American right is in denial. I can see what you do (automatically believe anything that parrots Republican lies and declare everything else to be a fraud perpetrated by your boogieman, Al Gore), but I can't for the life of me imagine why.

Old 05-01-2014, 12:06 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Why the hell is this even a right or left issue? Globull warming is Al Gore's scam but why is it a political issue?
because the politically connected scientists are making it one, along with all the AGW believers.

Quote:
I don't know why the American right is in denial. I can see what you do (automatically believe anything that parrots Republican lies and declare everything else to be a fraud perpetrated by your boogieman, Al Gore), but I can't for the life of me imagine why.
perhaps because we recognize that AGW warming is a huge load of bravo sierra.

Old 05-01-2014, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
Prove this is the case by showing me the new research that invalidates the old. If you can.

Old 05-01-2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
I think it more likely that your opinion is based on your irrational fear and hatred of non-Republicans than anything having to do with facts or reason or science or reality.

Old 05-01-2014, 12:46 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,540 times
Quote:
I think it more likely that your opinion is based on your irrational fear and hatred of non-Republicans than anything having to do with facts or reason or science or reality.
Holy crap! Look in the mirror! Every one of your posts is slamming Republicans for this or for that. You are just as biased and partisan-blind as you claim your opponents are.
Some of us are independents and question AGW alarmism. I am not a Republican, I actually vote for who I think the best candidate is.

Old 05-01-2014, 01:16 PM

33,532 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookb4youcross View Post
you just lost the argument. This isn't glen beck, nor is it conspiracy theory. The fact you won't even watch it dismisses anything you say from here on, for this topic.
Quite the debating tactic you have there...
1...Post 1 1/2 hour video.
2...Opponent doesn't watch it.
3.... Declare yourself the winner.

I asked you to summarize, but I guess you don't have time for that, do you?

http://motherboard.vice.com/en_ca/bl...ory-of-the-gop

Old 05-01-2014, 01:31 PM

33,532 posts, read 37,132,711 times
In a troubling new discovery, scientists studying ocean waters off California, Oregon and Washington have found the first evidence that increasing acidity in the ocean is dissolving the shells of a key species of tiny sea creature at the base of the food chain. Climate change: Pacific Ocean acidity dissolving shells of key species - San Jose Mercury News

Old 05-01-2014, 02:35 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
you forget though that i was at one time just like you, blinded by the people who claim that AGW is real, and then i started getting more facts. i listened to both sides of the argument many times, before i changed my mind because i realized that this had gone on many many times before, and that this is nothing new. as for having irrational fear or hatred of anything, thats rubbish, i have given up hatred long ago because it does nothing but harm the person that practices the hate.

but i recognize that you have made up your mind, set it in stone, and refuse to properly debate anyone that doesnt believe as you do. thats your choice my friend, and perhaps one day you will see the light, or not, i dont know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
In a troubling new discovery, scientists studying ocean waters off California, Oregon and Washington have found the first evidence that increasing acidity in the ocean is dissolving the shells of a key species of tiny sea creature at the base of the food chain. Climate change: Pacific Ocean acidity dissolving shells of key species - San Jose Mercury News
ok, but that doesnt mean it is the result of mans activities. all it means is that something is increasing the4 acidity of the oceans, but realize that it has happened before many times, and even if man was not here it would happen again and again. you are tying to use this to prove a cause and effect, and that isnt proper science and you know it.

Old 05-01-2014, 03:51 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Anything can be made into a political issue. A few on here seem to see right and left in everything. That is a personal choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies