Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2014, 11:39 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
China and India are doing a hell of a lot more than your country to address climate change China and Climate Change | Center for Climate and Energy Solutions
Summary: India's National Action Plan on Climate Change | Center for Climate and Energy Solutions

So far all I see from the USA and most of Canada is talk. You attitude of "they aren't doing anything to solve the problem, so why should we" is not only wrong, but it is childish.
The US has done more than any other country in reducing its emissions.
China and India are polluters on steroids.

Old 03-10-2014, 11:41 AM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Good post and I would add that China is already the king of solar panel production and thus going green has very little effect on the economy. Look at the green companies that Obama gave money too that went belly up. The U N also can not get China or India on board on any of the treaties concerning global warming or climate change what ever you are calling it.
That is absolute unmitigated bull excrement...Your entire post.

Old 03-10-2014, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
You forgot about the record sea ice in the Antarctic. As per usual, the "global warming" cult selects isolated incidents (or simply falsifies information) to support a flawed, incorrect hypothesis.
Sea ice in the Antarctic? Are you kidding me? You deniers continue to grasp at straws.

Old 03-10-2014, 12:05 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Here's the problem with the US attitude to climate: It's seen as a political issue. Even this thread is on a political forum. This stuff should be on the science forum. This is a scientific subject, yet many refuse to treat it as such.
Science doesn't deal in taxes. Yes it should be in a science forum but as long as there are those pushing taxes it remains a political issue.

Old 03-10-2014, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
You bet i'll try to post as much i can especially when you and the rest global warming moonbats are trying to rob my children's future.
Actually what we are doing is trying to insure that your children do have a future.

Old 03-10-2014, 12:18 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,080,347 times
Quote:
Actually what we are doing is trying to insure that your children do have a future.
Thank you but no thank you. I think I know whats best for my children!

Old 03-10-2014, 12:20 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
That is absolute unmitigated bull excrement...Your entire post.
Here is a old chart {2010} that shows China made wide gains in production in a short amount of time.

List of countries by photovoltaics production - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry I looked and could not find more recent numbers. But it is a safe bet that China keeps on increasing production and leads the world. Who else would it be.

As far as Obama giving green companies millions and millions and they went belly up has been in the forum many times.

Do you think China and India would be stupid enough to sign U N green treaties and thus cutting their own throat? If they have please list them, common sense tells me you won't find it.

Old 03-10-2014, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
The US has done more than any other country in reducing its emissions.
China and India are polluters on steroids.
Then why is the US ranked just slightly better than China regarding climate change policy? You deniers never tire of making crap up do you?

Quote:
The world's two biggest emitters - China and the USA - are ranking in the lower midfield. China climbed up to 46th place because of its improved performance. "After a period with extremely high emissions growth rates, recent developments indicate a slower growth of CO2 emissions and a decoupling of CO2 growth and GDP growth", explains Burck. Both, its heavy investments in renewable energies and a very critical debate on coal, give hope for a slower emission growth in the future. In the USA (ranked 43rd), a more active policy to restrict the use of coal has been observed. Regulating existing power stations is supposed to begin by June 2014. Climate Change Performance Index: Emissions are rising - but there is a glimmer of hope | Germanwatch e.V.

Old 03-10-2014, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Here's the problem with the US attitude to climate: It's seen as a political issue. Even this thread is on a political forum. This stuff should be on the science forum. This is a scientific subject, yet many refuse to treat it as such.
Sadly big energy with help from the right have made it a political issue.

Old 03-10-2014, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Here is a old chart {2010} that shows China made wide gains in production in a short amount of time.

List of countries by photovoltaics production - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry I looked and could not find more recent numbers. But it is a safe bet that China keeps on increasing production and leads the world. Who else would it be.

As far as Obama giving green companies millions and millions and they went belly up has been in the forum many times.

Do you think China and India would be stupid enough to sign U N green treaties and thus cutting their own throat? If they have please list them, common sense tells me you won't find it.
I did already... //www.city-data.com/forum/33819135-post109.html

China’s per capita emissions are below the world average and about one-fifth those of the United States.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies