Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 01:33 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,042,341 times

Advertisements

'God's Not Dead' Star Sorbo: There's a Hollywood Blacklist

In an interview with Faith, Media and Culture Christian actor Kevin Sorbo confirms there to be a Hollywood blacklist against those who have different opinions.

John W. Kennedy: "Have you experienced any backlash in Hollywood for your views?"

Kevin Sorbo: "Oh, sure. I mean I’m an independent in Hollywood. I’ve voted Democratic in my live, I’ve voted Republican in my life. I’m one of the few people I think in Hollywood who actually comes out and says “Hey, you know what, I vote for who I think is the best person, period.” I’m not a party guy. There are people on both sides of the political fence that I don’t agree with. To me, I look to see who I honestly think is going to be the best person. So, that, in itself, is enough to get me blacklisted in Hollywood…They scream for tolerance, They scream for freedom of speech but it you disagree at all with what they’re saying then they can blacklist you. They have the power to do that.

I mean Hollywood doesn’t owe me anything. I get it. I understand that but, on the same side, it’s like “Okay, why can’t I have an opinion? Why does that cost me jobs?” I mean there’s so much anger…in Hollywood. It’s weird. Their arguments aren’t logical. They aren’t based on fact. If you hit people up with facts, they just say you’re wrong and they don’t give reasons why you’re wrong. Their whole idea is that they say they care so much more. What do you mean you care so much more? Here’s the reality. Here are the statistics that will back me up with the things I’m saying. They don’t want to hear that. They don’t want to see it. They don’t care. They just have an anger."

You can read the full interview for yourself here: Kevin Sorbo’s not an atheist but he plays one in the movie “God’s Not Dead” - Faith, Media & Culture
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2014, 01:39 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
He isn't that great of an actor, Hercules was fun, but it wasn't high on acting quality.

Old 04-06-2014, 01:39 PM

161 posts, read 172,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
'God's Not Dead' Star Sorbo: There's a Hollywood Blacklist

In an interview with Faith, Media and Culture Christian actor Kevin Sorbo confirms there to be a Hollywood blacklist against those who have different opinions.

John W. Kennedy: "Have you experienced any backlash in Hollywood for your views?"

Kevin Sorbo: "Oh, sure. I mean I’m an independent in Hollywood. I’ve voted Democratic in my live, I’ve voted Republican in my life. I’m one of the few people I think in Hollywood who actually comes out and says “Hey, you know what, I vote for who I think is the best person, period.” I’m not a party guy. There are people on both sides of the political fence that I don’t agree with. To me, I look to see who I honestly think is going to be the best person. So, that, in itself, is enough to get me blacklisted in Hollywood…They scream for tolerance, They scream for freedom of speech but it you disagree at all with what they’re saying then they can blacklist you. They have the power to do that.

I mean Hollywood doesn’t owe me anything. I get it. I understand that but, on the same side, it’s like “Okay, why can’t I have an opinion? Why does that cost me jobs?” I mean there’s so much anger…in Hollywood. It’s weird. Their arguments aren’t logical. They aren’t based on fact. If you hit people up with facts, they just say you’re wrong and they don’t give reasons why you’re wrong. Their whole idea is that they say they care so much more. What do you mean you care so much more? Here’s the reality. Here are the statistics that will back me up with the things I’m saying. They don’t want to hear that. They don’t want to see it. They don’t care. They just have an anger."

You can read the full interview for yourself here: Kevin Sorbo’s not an atheist but he plays one in the movie “God’s Not Dead” - Faith, Media & Culture
He must be on that blacklist because the only thing that I have seen him good in is Hercules and Xena.

Old 04-06-2014, 01:47 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,788,485 times
From the article:

Quote:
I’ve interviewed Kevin twice before — once when he was promoting his 2012 UP TV film Christmas Angel and once for the 2012 release of the faith-themed Abel’s Field. He remains one the busiest actors I know. Since his days starring as TV’s Hercules in the nineties and as Captain Dylan Hunt in 110 episodes of Gene Roddenberry’s Andromeda from 2000 to 2005, he has starred and/or appeared in several films — some of which may have run against Hollywood’s politically-correct grain. As a result, he has proven popular with audiences but, perhaps, a bit controversial within the entertainment industry bubble.

Read more: Kevin Sorbo’s not an atheist but he plays one in the movie “God’s Not Dead” - Faith, Media & Culture
Read more at Kevin Sorbo’s not an atheist but he plays one in the movie “God’s Not Dead” - Faith, Media & Culture
Come on Kevin. You're working more than many actors.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:02 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Couldn't possibly be his acting. Or his luck. Or his availability when an opportunity came up. Or one of the other dozens of factors that propels someone from "Kevin Sorbo, best known for..." to simply "Kevin Sorbo".

There are thousands of actors who would kill to make it to the Kevin Sorbo rung of the ladder, and looking around for reasons for not making the next step is human, but it's not very endearing. The idea that a Hollywood producer would agree to sell fewer tickets due to an actor's political leanings can only be held by those who've never encountered one - or those who'd rather not look reality in the eyes.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:03 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,042,341 times
Lol you guys didn't even try to offer up an argument. You just bashed his acting career. This confirms what has already been known by conservatives and all objective thinking people in general, that there is a Hollywood Blacklist, and if you disagree with them even just a LITTLE they will destroy your career.

This is extremely problematic, especially in an industry as influential as Hollywood as it has a lot of power over the masses. When only one view is being accepted, when only one belief is being expressed, when only one ideology is being given a platform, it creates a format where freedom and diversity are not allowed. And the average person, not being a free thinker, is easily influenced by what they see and hear, especially when it comes to movies and television. You would be surprised at how many people base their views solely off of what a liberal celebrity endorses or a liberal theme expressed in a movie or TV show. Especially when this group is in bed with the a political party that espouses big Government.

It is somewhat similar to Orwells 1984. Media domination and control of the sleeping masses is one of the first steps on the road to Tyranny.

Last edited by West Coast Republican; 04-06-2014 at 02:34 PM..

Old 04-06-2014, 02:06 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,096,480 times
[quote=West Coast Republican;34246650]Lol you guys didn't even try to offer up an argument. You just bashed his acting career.[quote]

Except his argument is that his career has been affected by being on a putative blacklist, which others have pointed out is nonsense since he has had plenty of work.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:09 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,523,421 times
Quote:
Lol you guys didn't even try to offer up an argument. You just bashed his acting career. This confirms what has already been known by conservatives and all objective thinking people in general, that there is a Hollywood Blacklist, and if you disagree with them even just a LITTLE they will destroy your career. This is extremely problematic, especially in an industry as influential as Hollywood as it has a lot of power over the masses. When only one view is being accepted, when only one belief is being expressed, when only one ideology is being given a platform, it creates a format where freedom and diversity are not allowed. And the average person, not being a free thinker, is easily influenced by what they see and hear, especially when it comes to movies and television. You would be surprised at how many people base their views solely off of what a liberal celebrity endorses or a liberal theme expressed in a movie or TV show. Especially when this group is in bed with the a political party that espouses big Government.

It is somewhat similar to Orwells 1984. Media domination and control of the sleeping masses is one of the first steps on the road to Tyranny.
They have no real answers and just go to the liberal handbook and deflect as usual.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:13 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
They have no real answers and just go to the liberal handbook and deflect as usual.
As opposed to the conservative handbook's actions represented in this thread, making allegations with nothing factual to support them? Sorbo's offered an O-P-I-N-I-O-N, nothing more.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:13 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,788,485 times
Quote:
Lol you guys didn't even try to offer up an argument. You just bashed his acting career. This confirms what has already been known by conservatives and all objective thinking people in general, that there is a Hollywood Blacklist, and if you disagree with them even just a LITTLE they will destroy your career. This is extremely problematic, especially in an industry as influential as Hollywood as it has a lot of power over the masses. When only one view is being accepted, when only one belief is being expressed, when only one ideology is being given a platform, it creates a format where freedom and diversity are not allowed. And the average person, not being a free thinker, is easily influenced by what they see and hear, especially when it comes to movies and television. You would be surprised at how many people base their views solely off of what a liberal celebrity endorses or a liberal theme expressed in a movie or TV show. Especially when this group is in bed with the a political party that espouses big Government.

Here is my argument. The man is working... in Hollywood, no less!

The writer of the article says so himself... in the article!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies