Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 07:33 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,751,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
It is fascinating, this American paranoia about government and the worship of firearms.
Seeing how governments in the last 120 plus years have killed over 250,000,000 people more then War, Crime, Poverty, Disease , Famine, and Natural Disasters combined.

The worst genocides of the 20th and 21st Century

How can we not ignore the really threat to liberty, life, property, and the means of their protection?

More over how is wrong to stand fast and defend the most effective means of defending your liberty, your life, your property, your heritage, your culture, your future and that of every one you love and care about?

When a tool made of polymer and steel, imagined, created, tested, sold to and by and the right to do to so by free men is the only thing protecting my life, and securing my future I tent to give it the praise and admiration it clearly deserve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2014, 07:44 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,217,545 times
I can care less what spews out of obama's illiterate chops. He can ban whatever he want's but my guns he'll never have!

Old 04-10-2014, 07:44 PM

57,424 posts, read 26,319,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Seeing how governments in the last 120 plus years have killed over 250,000,000 people more then War, Crime, Poverty, Disease , Famine, and Natural Disasters combined.

The worst genocides of the 20th and 21st Century

How can we not ignore the really threat to liberty, life, property, and the means of their protection?

More over how is wrong to stand fast and defend the most effective means of defending your liberty, your life, your property, your heritage, your culture, your future and that of every one you love and care about?

When a tool made of polymer and steel, imagined, created, tested, sold to and by and the right to do to so by free men is the only thing protecting my life, and securing my future I tent to give it the praise and admiration it clearly deserve.
I think the skulls really help to make your case if not your speech, I'm convinced.

Old 04-10-2014, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
Gun reform is just a part of a larger agenda to civilize America. I think it can be done, and will be.
"Gun Reform" is still Gun Control changing the name will not fool anyone nor will the American people buy it..

Restricting the rights of Law Abiding People in direct violation of the Constitution is not reform it is antithesis of liberty, and antithesis of liberty is tyranny.

Larger agenda to "civilize America'? We are civilized, just because we value freedom, liberty and refuse to abandon values that have done more to advance humanity in the such a short span of time does not many us any thing but civilized, refusing to strip people of their rights because of the actions of a handful of criminals makes us civilized.

Of course your collectivist ideals are so much more "progressive" so much so their always crash and burn, but not before killing millions, leaving those alive in static and crashing poverty, stealing their lives, talents and abilities from their and the advancement of their own happiness in the pursuit of a great lie..

We are tipping point,from here on the pendulum of politics swings back towards liberty as it races away from collectivism statism..Only this time such laws and actions will be taken to prevent its return forever abolished to the hell from which it came...It only took us about 101 years to see the failure, waste, and danger of out of control government..

Last edited by gunlover; 04-10-2014 at 08:00 PM..

Old 04-10-2014, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This was one state congressman and he deserves to go to jail, there is no mass trafficking by democratic congressmen unless you have more information. Maybe you have more information that this is plot by democrats that are prop gun control, I'm betting you don't.
Eric Holder in Operation Fast and Furious which ended up in the murder of 4 LEO, 23 Mexican LEO and about 900 plus Murdered of Mexican Nationals.....You want to play this game?

Old 04-10-2014, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I'm not sure why you conservatives are so paranoid about your guns. We're FLOODED with guns here. They practically grow on trees. There is higher gun ownership here per capita than just about anywhere in the world. People are armed to the teeth and shootings in movie theaters, schools, etc. occur on a regular basis. Homicide rates are on the downswing but still significantly higher than in other nations. You guys should be happy - it's all going your way. Instead, you seem to think that we have the most restrictive gun policy in the developed world and that there has been this huge crackdown.
You take a few isolated cased, and paint them as if they are common...They are very very rare

People killed in mass shootings since 1983
People killed by lightning since 1983

What other nations have such population size?

What other nations have a open border with a failed state?

What other nations have a Constitution which values liberty and freedom above all?

What other nation has a Right To Keep And Bear Arms, and has that right in such a wording that forbids infringement?

We do have huge crackdowns

That National Firearms Act of 1934

The Gun Control Act of 1968

The Hughes Amendment of the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986 (which was illegally added after failing a voice and recorded vote, but still added by Charlie Rangle, that lying scum bag)

The Assault Weapons ban of 1994 that lasted for 10 years.

And countless more attempted attack on the 2nd Amendment at the Federal and State levels, It is not "going our way" when your freedoms and liberties are not limited by what state and city you live, then things will be going the way of liberty..

Old 04-11-2014, 04:14 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,661,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
NRA Takes Aim at Obama's Anti-Gun Surgeon General Nominee Vivek Murthy

And so it goes with the most anti-gun administration in history. Pres Obama is on record as supporting a ban on all semi-auto guns, which would include grandma's nightstand Colt .32 and grandpa's Browning 30.06 hunting rifle. along with my Glock 19 9mm which I once used to thwart an armed robber.

Joe Biden claimed that the "assault weapon" ban of 1994 was his brainchild. Atty Gen Eric Holder said that we need to "brainwash" people into accepting gun bans. First term Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel was Bill Clinton's point man on gun control. Even Education Sec'y Arne Duncan has a strong track record as a gun control advocate:
Arne Duncan On Gun Control: 'More Needs To Be Done'

Yet one after another Dem gun owner will go into denial about this. Lamb to the slaughter...
The surgeon general is a medical doctor, and medical doctors are trained to protect our health. Doctors see so many gun violence patients that they consider gun violence to be a "danger to public health."

For example, the doctors in the American Academy of Pediatrics try to get gun control laws passed to protect the health of children.

One Year After Sandy Hook, Pediatricians Point Out That Guns Are Still Endangering Kids' Health | ThinkProgress

You should not be attacking B. Obama. Rather you should be attacking medical doctors for considering guns to be a "danger to public health."

Last edited by chad3; 04-11-2014 at 04:31 AM..

Old 04-11-2014, 05:03 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,850,990 times
I have a simple solution to the health created by shootings. Don't do things, like robbing a gas station, that make people shoot you to defend themselves. Robbing me of the most effective means of defending myself is not a solution. I am not willing to meekly surrender to an assailant to improve the private health of a robber.

I will keep guns and carry them where ever I think it necessary. And I am a Liberal.

Old 04-11-2014, 05:06 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,387,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
The surgeon general is a medical doctor, and medical doctors are trained to protect our health. Doctors see so many gun violence patients that they consider gun violence to be a "danger to public health."

For example, the doctors in the American Academy of Pediatrics try to get gun control laws passed to protect the health of children.

One Year After Sandy Hook, Pediatricians Point Out That Guns Are Still Endangering Kids' Health | ThinkProgress

You should not be attacking B. Obama. Rather you should be attacking medical doctors for considering guns to be a "danger to public health."
There are many medical doctors who are equally trained to protect our health, yet support gun rights. In fact, there is a whole organization of doctors who support gun rights.

Doctors for Responsible Gun Ownership

Thus, your portrayal that doctors march in lockstep on this issue is false.

As far as Pres. Obama, all I did was recite one of his positions, recite a claim made by his VP, and a quote from his Attorney General. Is recounting of someone's stated position an attack on him? I suppose so, from the lefty perspective. This is not the first time I've seen a right-winger quote a leftwinger's own words, and have it characterized as an attack.

Old 04-11-2014, 05:10 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,661,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest61021 View Post
I can care less what spews out of obama's illiterate chops. He can ban whatever he want's but my guns he'll never have!
The democrats only want to ban assault weapons and high capacity magazines (the weapons mass murders choose to kill our children in schools, kill people in movie theaters, ex.ex.)

The democrats don't want to take everyone's guns, they just want to get military grade hardware out the hands of mass murders.

Here's Joe Bidden possibly threatening to kill B. Obama if he tries to take (his) guns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT-ueNjc_D0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies