Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2014, 12:10 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,449,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
As the man said, Gong. Obama hasn't actively blocked anything. Everybody's academic records, even yours and mine, are protected by FERPA. Unless you yourself actively waive your FERPA protections by releasing your records yourself or granting an institution permission to do so, they cannot and will not release your records. You could contact any of the colleges/universities I went to right now and ask for my transcripts and they wouldn't release them.
Operative word ... actively. The lawyers have effectively shielded him ... "plausible deniability" comes to mind.

El Nox

Old 04-11-2014, 12:11 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,449,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
bush released one page of his yale transcript......... that had already been leaked by the new yorker 4 years earlier:

The Talk of the Town: Dept. of Aptitude (w/Alexandra Robbins) : The New Yorker
Thank you for proving my point.

El Nox

Old 04-11-2014, 12:13 PM

878 posts, read 737,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
As the man said, Gong. Obama hasn't actively blocked anything. Everybody's academic records, even yours and mine, are protected by FERPA. Unless you yourself actively waive your FERPA protections by releasing your records yourself or granting an institution permission to do so, they cannot and will not release your records. You could contact any of the colleges/universities I went to right now and ask for my transcripts and they wouldn't release them.
Ok say that FERPA protects the records from being released. Why won't Obama release them anyway? If he was such a allegedly smart student who made good grades and honors, wouldn't he want to release the records to show others, especially blacks to inspire them? But for some reason he won't do it. I suspect he put down he was a foreigner on his applications at Occidental and Columbia.

Last edited by Britt Reid; 04-11-2014 at 12:32 PM..

Old 04-11-2014, 12:19 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
[quote=El Nox;34323666]Good answer. What was the question you were responding to?/QUOTE]

I linked to it. It was the first question you posed. Hence it was my first answer. Perhaps you need to work on your reading comprehension?

"Someone comes to this country on tourist visa ... sets up housekeeping and now magically becomes a US resident?"

I've given you no grounds to doubt my credibility. Your inability to refute my arguments is your problem.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:19 PM

1,509 posts, read 2,428,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
Ok say that FERMA protects the records from being released. Why won't Obama release them anyway? If he was such a allegedly smart student who made good grades and honors, wouldn't he want to release the records to show others, especially blacks to inspire them? But for some reason he won't do it. I suspect he put down he was a foreigner on his applications at Occidental and Columbia.
FERPA, not FERMA. And I don't know, Britt. Why don't you release your student records? No president ever has, but for a single page of Bush's as previously mentioned, and that had already been leaked. As for what he put down on his application, as mentioned, college records retention policies govern what information is available at any given time. Even if you contacted the college you went to and asked for your application materials, if their retention policy says to destroy them after a certain amount of time, you're SOL. You'd be surprised how expensive storage space (both physical and electronic) can actually be.

Old 04-11-2014, 01:23 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Ok say that FERPA protects the records from being released. Why won't Obama release them anyway? If he was such a allegedly smart student who made good grades and honors, wouldn't he want to release the records to show others, especially blacks to inspire them? But for some reason he won't do it. I suspect he put down he was a foreigner on his applications at Occidental and Columbia.
If I was in the same boat as Obama, I wouldn't either. After hearing all about how I was a muslim, how I wasn't born in the US, how my father was a communist, on and on and on and on...all the slurs and slander against myself and my wife, I'd think 'why the f should I kowtow to a bunch of a holes?'

It's could also be seen as a good strategy to keep the unhinged busy and out of the nation's collective hair.
(except for threads like this; they are very entertaining!)

Oh, yeah, another thing: what makes you think that Blacks would be more inspired by some good grades earned decades ago as opposed to Obama being elected PRESIDENT -- TWICE?

Now, which is more inspiring, do you think? Do you think?

Old 04-11-2014, 02:40 PM

26,578 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
first up, please, learn how to use the quote feature. it's not that difficult and makes the conversation infinitely easier to follow.

Quote:
Hmmm ...
adding "hmmm..." to the beginning of a sentence doesn't magically compensate for not having any facts to support your claim.

Quote:
ever think about checking a calendar to see what has changed because of changes in Public Law?
if it is your claim that there has been a change in the law that would have affected occidental's policy since obama attended then it is your responsibility to present evidence to support your claim.

Quote:
Hmmm ... other records retention vary.
yes. the link i provided gave a complete and thorough breakdown of occidental's retention policy for all records. why did you feel the need to repeat this with a "hmmm..."?

Quote:
There was a time when I was indeed considered "rational". Apparently, you do not share this view.
you are rejecting direct evidence from a direct source ( occidental's records retention policy ) in favor of vague speculation ( the idea that there might have been a law passed since then that would have changed their policy ). that, imo, is not rational.

Quote:
Might I suggest that you too try.....
i always do let the facts dictate my beliefs.

Quote:
No, I cannot.
then it is ridiculous to assume that obama attended occidental on a foreign scholarship.

Quote:
So I ask you for the first time, can you state that O did not claim to be a foreign student?
no, because there is NOTHING that can be shown to prove someone DIDN"T say something.

Quote:
The answer for you is also No. Why can you not answer same?
why are you answering for me then accusing me of not answering...... when i've yet to have a chance to respond!?

Quote:
O has blocked all release of his records.
no he hasn't. they are protected by FERPA laws. the only case to demand them was against occidental college ( not obama ) by orly taitz. orly lost and ended up getting sanctioned $7,000.00 for such a blatant attempt to bypass FERPA laws.

Quote:
Funny thing about facts.....
i've shown mine, where are yours?

Old 04-11-2014, 02:51 PM

26,578 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
Thank you for proving my point.
no problem, thanks for saying something correct.

Old 04-11-2014, 04:38 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
[

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

I don't have to check a calendar. I worked in financial aid during the 1980's, and was familiar with college applications. They didn't ask for religious affiliation.
I applied to several colleges in 1972 when I was 17 and none of them asked me my religion. When I applied to graduate school in 1977 none of the universities asked about my religious afiliation either.

There must be a seminary or denominational school of theology that might ask that question but not regular colleges or universities.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:08 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Ok say that FERPA protects the records from being released. Why won't Obama release them anyway?
Because it is morally offensive to feed the trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid
If he was such a allegedly smart student who made good grades and honors, wouldn't he want to release the records to show others, especially blacks to inspire them?
Because it is morally offensive to feed the trolls.

Quote:
But for some reason he won't do it.
Oh. There's absolutely a reason.

It is morally offensive to feed the trolls.

Quote:
I suspect he put down he was a foreigner on his applications at Occidental and Columbia.
Which would be stupid, since there is no advantage to being a foreigner at either Occidental or Columbia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies