Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2014, 05:49 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,438,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Your question was first raised by Hillary Clinton when both she and Obama were battling it out for the 2008 nomination.
clinton never raised the question of obama's eligibility or birth place. some of her supporters ( the PUMAs ) were among the early birthers but were not connected to her campaign in any way.

Old 08-06-2014, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Hillary did say that she had something that would end Obama's campaign run, then never reveled what she had. We'll never know what Hillary had (if anything) but I don't know why she would say something like that, then not follow through and end Obama's campaign run. Did Hillary have something, or is she as crazy as the birthers?
can you link to anything where clinton makes such a statement?

Old 08-06-2014, 06:01 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,741,888 times
Quote:

Hillary did say that she had something that would end Obama's campaign run, then never reveled what she had. We'll never know what Hillary had (if anything) but I don't know why she would say something like that, then not follow through and end Obama's campaign run. Did Hillary have something, or is she as crazy as the birthers?

Assuming that she thought she had something, maybe she did some factchecking and realized that what she thought she had was actually nothing? Something that birthers obviously are unable to do.

Old 08-06-2014, 06:03 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,094,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
can you link to anything where clinton makes such a statement?
I don't have a link, but I'm sure one would be easy to find. In fact, I'm pretty sure you can find a link to a news broadcast talking about it in this thread. The broadcast was from one of the mainstream media outlets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Assuming that she thought she had something, maybe she did some factchecking and realized that what she thought she had was actually nothing? Something that birthers obviously are unable to do.
Maybe, but if you are running for President, I doubt you would make a statement like that until after you did your fact checking.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying Hillary or Arpaio has anything, I just wanted to know what people thought would happen if they did.

Old 08-06-2014, 06:17 PM

Quote:
I don't have a link, but I'm sure one would be easy to find.
then please do to support your claim.

Old 08-06-2014, 06:19 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,741,888 times
Quote:

Maybe, but if you are running for President, I doubt you would make a statement like that until after you did your fact checking.
Actually, candidates misspeak or get ahead of themselves all the time. And that goes about triple for the campaign staff.

Anyway, I answered your question - if Obama was actually born elsewhere, it could have derailed his candidacy, depending on his mother's citizenship status and the laws applicable at the time.

But he was born in Hawaii. To believe otherwise, you'd have to think that the state of Hawaii, the Honolulu newspaper, and other actors colluded in falsifying birth records - for what reason? I've never been clear on that little detail. The whole idea is preposterous.

Old 08-06-2014, 07:53 PM

195 posts, read 153,926 times
Sheriff Joe announces Obama is a fraud... News at 10.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:57 AM

Quote:
I don't have a link, but I'm sure one would be easy to find. In fact, I'm pretty sure you can find a link to a news broadcast talking about it in this thread. The broadcast was from one of the mainstream media outlets.
ok, found the claim in this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
They did go birther on Obama...........briefly. Obama most likely put the word out behind closed doors to Team Hillary that if she went public with Obama's true birth origins his team, with the help of the complicent media, would label her as a racist which in turn would alienate the blacks from voting for her which was something she couldn't afford to loose...............or.............Obama had something on Hillary that we didn't know about. Never the less, backroom deals were made to make the issue go away.

Listen how it went down.

PROOF! Hillary & Chris Matthews FIRST BIRTHERS! - YouTube
it's not from a mainstream media outlet but rather from birther minister carl gallups. gallups makes the claim that he heard hillary clinton make the statement on fox news that she had some huge bombshell against obama but carl offers no direct quote or any other information. gallups then quotes chris matthews speculating that hillary is playing up obama's "indonesian roots" and somehow gallups links that to clinton having some kind of birther knowledge. gallups goes further, without any kind of supportive evidence, and claims there was a secret meeting between clinton and obama about the birther issue.

so, it does not look like clinton ever made such a statement. if you can find a direct quote from her that is anywhere close to it i'd love to see it.

Old 08-17-2014, 03:24 PM

a new book out about arpaio from one of his former right-hand men. has a whole chapter dedicated to the birther "investigation":

Joe Arpaio's Ex-Deputy Chief Brian Sands Dishes Dirt on Steven Seagal, Birthers, and More in Arpaio De Facto Lawman | Phoenix New Times

Old 10-03-2014, 11:53 AM

in an interview with peter boyles this morning, maricopa county cold case posse's mike zullo blames birthers for the reason that congress won't take his birther claims seriously:

Full Audio: Sheriff Arpaio's Investigator; I'd Be Focusing Real Hard On Who's Obama's Mommy - Birther Report: Obama Release Your Records
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies