Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2014, 01:48 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,228,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Arpaio has mentioned running for governor. If it wasnt for Mesa, Sun City, and Sun City West and all the geezers out in the rural areas Arizona would be more like California, Oregon, and Washington. Arpaio was barely elected last time. The Tea Party is so unpopular out here they have even dropped the name Tea Party. Now and I dont want to sound cruel but its time for these folks to die. They had their moment in the sun.

This coming from someone in that generation that truly believes, they will never age. I'm not sure what sparked it but, I can tell you, all of us in our 50's were well aware that if lucky, we would get old too one day....and while we certainly didn't agree with everything our parents believed in, we did hold a certain decorum out of respect to them.

It's nice to experiment and all but, as you can probably see, some of those experimentations are probably way off base. And please try to remember, you will probably be biotching for SS some day....too.....of course, your generation has already been on it in record numbers.

If I were like some in their 20's and possibly 30's and still living at home at the old "Geezers" place, I think I would walk more quietly and quite possibly only at night because if YOU have to do that at your age, you are not only a tool, but perhaps have absolutely no skills and therefore, not much to add to society.

Old or otherwise. Most of us managed to get OUT of the house by 18 and went on our merry and not-so-merry ways because to have to go home and mooch off the geezers was tantamount to failure and lost causes....the fact that so many have "so much to say" without any skin in the game tells me quite a bit of what has changed.

Remember, there is only one Zuckerberg, one Ellison, and one Bill Gates and the chances are very, very likely, YOU aren't one of them. So, get on back to mall and do a double shift. Otherwise, apply those Master Degrees in the Arts to something more useful. There's always a need to upgrade manual labor and McDonalds has a hat for you....too?

Or is that so passé?

Old 10-06-2014, 08:04 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,884,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
....and the birthers keep providing the fuel.

i'm pretty vigilant on making sure i get both sides. see my OP from this morning where i post links to both sides of a single story:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-prisoner.html

who's fidgeting?

then it would be up to congress to progress with impeachment hearings which i would absolutely support in that scenario.

you may actually want to wait for a response before making the "dead silence" claim.

i noticed you ignored commenting on your "null and void" belief.

Actually I am pleasantly surprised you answered the way you rebutting my view on this whole birth thing with Obama. I can live with your answers for now.

There is some objectivity with your point of view. Very good! I thought you only had blind loyalty to the President.

Old 10-07-2014, 01:40 AM

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
There is some objectivity with your point of view. ... I thought you only had blind loyalty to the President.
thanks.

do you think that your dislike of the president is blinding you to the facts in the matter?

Old 10-07-2014, 04:07 AM

Default Policy,Not Personal

Quote:
thanks.

do you think that your dislike of the president is blinding you to the facts in the matter?
His polices everything from taxes, the deficit, a balance budget, Entitlements (over extension) and his foreign policy is my dislikes. Just to name a few.

Personally President Obama is likeable and seems to be a good family man. He does connect well with people. I see the connection.

Its not personal its policy and how adheres to the Powers of the Executive Branch (or not) and he disregards the Constitution on a regular basis. Obama does not seem to be engaged with his job.

Old 10-07-2014, 08:43 AM

Quote:
His polices everything from taxes, the deficit, a balance budget, Entitlements (over extension) and his foreign policy is my dislikes. Just to name a few.
ok but that doesn't answer my question. do you believe your dislike for the president ( either for policy or personal reasons ) has blinded you to the facts concerning birtherism?

Old 10-07-2014, 09:05 AM

Default President Obama

Quote:
ok but that doesn't answer my question. do you believe your dislike for the president ( either for policy or personal reasons ) has blinded you to the facts concerning birtherism?
No I do not personally dislike or even hate the President. I think he is just over his head and he has let the political side take over the real business of the people.

That is why I will not insult him personally or make rude comments about his family. At the End of the day President Obama is still my President. But, I will question his choices and that's my right as a Proud American Citizen.

Old 10-07-2014, 09:25 AM

720 posts, read 705,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
What do you mean we've had our moment in the sun? You haven't see anything yet. I am a Surprise TEA Party member and resent what you say hoping we should die. Who the hell do you think you are saying a immature sadistic thing like that? It is un-American and you should apologize. People such as us who want the Constitution preserved, less taxes and smaller goverment should be looked upon as a noble patriots. What we have done here as Surprise TEA Party patriots is initiate this investigation by Sheriff Arpaio who has exposed the putative presidents forged birth document he released on April 27, 2011. He is about to expose him even more that will hopefully bring his putative presidency to a end.

Cold Case Posse |
I'm with you. But you have to remember that people who say things like this are most likely Liberals and as we all know Liberalism is a known mental disorder which causes total disconnect from reality. So one must consider the source. Until a cure or treatment is found we must stop placing these individuals in office or we will have irrational, incompetent and illogical people in our government as so called "Leaders." A prime example is Barrack Hussein Obama and Nancy Pelosi. If one would just study the constitution and our history and what made America great then the Tea party views would be understood and realize those views are to protect our freedoms and preserve our constitution .

Old 10-07-2014, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistoftime View Post
.... a known mental disorder which causes total disconnect from reality.
oh, sweet irony.

Old 10-07-2014, 09:54 AM

Quote:
No I do not personally dislike or even hate the President.
what i'm trying to understand, if not for bias against the president, then why do you give credibility to the birther belief?

Old 10-07-2014, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistoftime View Post
If one would just study the constitution and our history and what made America great then the Tea party views would be understood and realize those views are to protect our freedoms and preserve our constitution .
when it comes to birtherism there seems to be a disconnect among the birthers ( many in the tea party ) when it comes to the "full faith and credit" clause of the US constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies