Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 12:46 AM

18,130 posts, read 25,278,015 times

Advertisements

I was just reading about the Supreme Court removing the limits to political donations
I've heard some Republican politicians say that "It's freedom of speech" to be able to donate money to politicians.
A comedian put it very well by saying "Money talks"

Simple question...
Do Republicans (people) support this?
Can they not see that it opens the door to corruption?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2014, 03:50 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,703,398 times
Generally, right-wingers see such SCOTUS actions as part of the path toward application of financial power to further corrupt our economy in favor of the rich, who would thereby be less dependent on the sycophants they've duped into supporting their efforts to double economic inequality for the second time in as many generations.

Old 04-07-2014, 04:22 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I was just reading about the Supreme Court removing the limits to political donations
I've heard some Republican politicians say that "It's freedom of speech" to be able to donate money to politicians.

Simple question...
Excuse me our democracy is already corrupted with both parties grabbing knees for corporations and the big banks. The funny thing is the ignorant un washed masses are mostly aware of this but on election day run to the polls to vote for their parties w ****. And patting themselves on the back thinking they are a great patriot for voting. Too funny.

Old 04-07-2014, 04:30 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,703,398 times
You apparently didn't consider the possibility that voters consider the people you'd rather they vote for more corrupt or otherwise less worthy of being given the people's trust.

Old 04-07-2014, 05:12 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:

Simple question...
First, you misunderstand the Supreme Court ruling, it doesnt remove limits to political donations, it only removes the limits on how many people you can donate to.

Second, people should be allowed to spend their money how they wish. I see no difference in me giving my money to a politician I believe in, or me starting a campaign and spending my own money running other than who the person is at the end taking office.

Old 04-07-2014, 05:14 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
You know it wasnt at all that long ago that lefties were celebrating that Obama was projected to raise $1B for his election campaign, saying that the more money he raised, the more the people have spoken.

Now all of a sudden, thats not true..

Old 04-07-2014, 05:33 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
There are still limits.

Old 04-07-2014, 05:35 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:

Simple question...
Are you suggesting that we don't already have corruption? Or that rich people already don't have more influence than the working class?

Old 04-07-2014, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Generally, right-wingers see such SCOTUS actions as part of the path toward application of financial power to further corrupt our economy in favor of the rich, who would thereby be less dependent on the sycophants they've duped into supporting their efforts to double economic inequality for the second time in as many generations.
Generally, left-wingers see such SCOTUS actions as part of the path toward application of financial power to further corrupt our economy in favor of the rich (Like George Soros, Al Gore and Bill Gates), who would thereby be less dependent on the sycophants they've duped into supporting their efforts to double economic inequality for the second time in as many generations.

Old 04-07-2014, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You know it wasnt at all that long ago that lefties were celebrating that Obama was projected to raise $1B for his election campaign, saying that the more money he raised, the more the people have spoken.

Now all of a sudden, thats not true..
Obama rewards his financial contributors richly. He exempted Hollywood from tax increases last year and gave Obamacare waivers to his union buddies. He gives his donors nice fat jobs and awards taxpayer money to his buddies.

Yes, the lefties are the party of the rich.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies