Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2014, 09:24 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,248,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Historical facts are not straws, they are facts. I am sorry if you find them inconvenient.

Comparing waterboarding to waterboarding is comparing apples to apples.

You say it is nothing, but your view is the opposite of the view of the United States who considers it a war crime, and hung people for waterboarding. Like you pointed out, your views are in line with Russia, China and North Korea. You said it, not me.

" ... following World War II war crime trials were convened. The Japanese were tried and convicted and hung for war crimes committed against American POWs. Among those charges for which they were convicted was waterboarding."
— John McCain on Thursday, November 29th, 2007 in a campaign event in St. Petersburg

McCain is referencing the Tokyo Trials, officially known as the International Military Tribunal for the Far East. After World War II, an international coalition convened to prosecute Japanese soldiers charged with torture. At the top of the list of techniques was water-based interrogation, known variously then as "water cure," "water torture" and "waterboarding," according to the charging documents. It simulates drowning.

stop copying and pasting 1 paragraph from a book and give me the names of the war criminals we hunged after WW2 .....give the names and their crimes. It wasn't just water boarding.

The Japanese and Nazis we hunged after WW2 committed serious crimes against humanity.

how may Al Qaeda prisoners have died in our custody since 9/11?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Yes, morally corrupt and 100% wrong. That's the US stance on it. US considered waterboarding a war crime, and hung people for it.

You, the Russians, Chinese and North Koreans say it's nothing.

Blaming US for all the things you listed above does not make your argument stronger, it makes is weaker.

go ahead and start hanging CIA professionals.....good luck.....you sure have your precedent in the book you copied and pasted.

Old 12-11-2014, 09:28 AM

77,013 posts, read 47,474,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
stop copying and pasting 1 paragraph from a book and give me the names of the war criminals we hunged after WW2 .....give the names and their crimes. It wasn't just water boarding.

The Japanese and Nazis we hunged after WW2 committed serious crimes against humanity.

how may Al Qaeda prisoners have died in our custody since 9/11?
Go pull the whiskers off your dogs face. It'll probably give you a good giggle since you're a fan of inflicting pain.

Old 12-11-2014, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Go pull the whiskers off your dogs face. It'll probably give you a good giggle since you're a big fan of inflicting pain.

Can't answer my question, can you? .....how many Al Queda prisoners have died in our custody since 9/11.

Now compare that to the Nazis and Japanese we hunged after WW 2 for committing crimes against humanity, especially in regard to their systematic genocide of the Chinese people and Jewish People.

and then comeback here and cry me a river about water boarding some Al Qaeda leaders.

Old 12-11-2014, 09:46 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,288,098 times
I am so glad we have decided to tell the world of the severity and descriptions of
the torture we did.
Why?
Because no one will hate us.
No one will want to kill us.
No one will want to implement any plans to kidnap simple US citizens, say,
teaching or working in hospitals so they can behead them.
So glad no one will be in danger over there.

I did think Cheney was great today...he still has his b*ll*.

Old 12-11-2014, 09:51 AM

I guess they will love us if you show them the high moral ground and not water board their leaders......blowing them up is ok but dont dunk them in a bucket of water......they will love us now! we have come clean to the world!

Old 12-11-2014, 09:53 AM

88,776 posts, read 44,581,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
We just got 6,000 pages of hard evidence. As for a federal grand jury, we will see...
Won't happen. The Bush Admin is only as guilty as the Clinton Admin before him, and Obama Admin after him.

Old 12-11-2014, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Can't answer my question, can you? .....how many Al Queda prisoners have died in our custody since 9/11.

Now compare that to the Nazis and Japanese we hunged after WW 2 for committing crimes against humanity, especially in regard to their systematic genocide of the Chinese people and Jewish People.

and then comeback here and cry me a river about water boarding some Al Qaeda leaders.
I have no interest in helping you deflect, or in entertaining your fallacies. You think anything goes as long as you find a greater evil. Torture is evil, and you embrace it. US hung people for committing the crimes you say are 'nothing'.

Old 12-11-2014, 09:56 AM

88,776 posts, read 44,581,069 times
Quote:
Historical facts are not straws, they are facts.
You tend to ignore facts, such as Clapper's and Blix's statements about Iraq's illicit weapons.

Are you just going on emotion? Facts seem to elude you.

Old 12-11-2014, 10:03 AM

Interesting that the report kept Bush out of the loop by saying CIA didn't tell him everything, but now Cheney is saying Bush knew everything and approved everything. I guess he thinks that if he goes down, he is taking Bush with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies