Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2014, 06:41 PM

24,623 posts, read 19,099,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Summary:
"In Congressional races, 95 percent of the time the person with more money wins. It doesn't matter if they are a Republican or Democrat, conservative or liberal.
So, I founded Wolf PAC, which has only one, unstoppable mission -- amend the constitution to get the corrupting influence of money out of politics. We're not interested in awareness -- we're already quite aware of how screwed we are. We're not interested in consciousness raising or being a respected institution inside Washington, DC. We're interested in results!
I see lots of fluff, but no actual substance.

If you recall, there were two amendments proposed of late, one by a Republican and one by a Democrat and they sounded good, but accomplished nothing, not to mention the amendments went nowhere, exactly as I predicted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
So, you oppose freedom of speech?
So, you support violating the sovereignty and sovereign rights of others as well as electioneering and manipulation?

How refreshingly fascist....

Mircea

Old 04-11-2014, 08:28 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,684,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Of Four View Post
Why do you want to remove my freedom of speech? And BTW, rich people have always had more influence and always will regardless of how many new laws you enact.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:30 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,684,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
No, they were not. It is not free speech when most cannot afford to be heard.
So how do you propose that we restrict freedom of speech?

Old 04-11-2014, 08:35 PM

4,569 posts, read 3,386,569 times
Just giving Steele a job shows incompetence.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:40 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,915,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
I have zero trust in Big Agra, big pharma and big business of any sort. They run on almost nothing but GREED and whether their products hurt, maim or kill is irrelevant to them. I absolutely HATE the corn based agriculture that has arisen here. They put their crap in almost ALL packaged foods. They feed their lousy corn based feeds to most livestock and that produces lousy meat. Even dog kibble is full of their frankencorn and the dogs are dying younger and younger with a wide variety of illnesses we have never seen before in dogs. If Russia bans all GM foods all I can do is applaud them for it. GM seeds have bankrupted most small farmers in the developing world as well. Since the GM developers claim ownership and demand payment for all GM seeds I wish I could go to court and obtain an order prohibiting any and all GM pollen from trespassing on my property. If such a thing was possible it would end this nightmare dead in it`s tracks.
The BRICS are doing many things different financially these days. More countries are taking a stand on this issue. Could end up putting a big dent in GM and Big Agro.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
GMO means horizontally transfered genes.

Hybrid does not mean horizontally transferred genes.

"Hybrid is NOT a "genetically modified organism".

Your blur is a slur, to science.

You have presented a very loutish post.

Why are you doing this?
LOL.
The argument that GMO and Hybrids are the same is false.
Genetically modified organism - Science Daily
quote:
A genetically modified organism (GMO) is an organism whose genetic material has been altered using techniques in genetics generally known as recombinant DNA technology.
Recombinant DNA technology is the ability to combine DNA molecules from different sources into the one molecule.

Hybrid (biology)
quote:
In biology and specifically, genetics, the term hybrid has several meanings, all referring to the offspring of sexual reproduction.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:43 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,085,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
Michael Steele?

Old 04-11-2014, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Good point.

And why anyone with a brain trusts the FDA is beyond me. LOL< so now the far right says the FDA is good?

How much more cognitive dissonance in their poorly structured arguments?.

(rhetorical question)

Genetic Roulette is medical studies from MD's with sick patients. Hardly a "conspiracy theory" but again you shills keep mouthing the same script when facts are not following your corporate agenda.

Keep drinking the aspartame then, see how well you fare in ten years.
GEKE | venn diagrams

Old 04-11-2014, 08:50 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,078,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That was a great read, I don't like Boner, he pops up at the worst possible times, but the far right wingers should love the guy because he actually humors them with things that are bad for the country. I would love to see a coup happen with moderate Republicans that want to push out Boner and his greasy hand, Cantor, and replace them with moderates who want to see government working to solve problems rather than waste time bickering.
Imagine that. A liberal wishing that a "moderate Republican".....ie. a liberal RINO.....would take over GOP House leadership.

Ask any of us if we're surprised that that's what you would want.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:54 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,078,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Michael Steele?
Let me guess....you guys think it's this Michael Steele who is Boehner's spokesman....right?

Michael Steele - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LOL....Guess what? It's not!

Yes, AeroGuyDC taught you both something today. Admit it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies