Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2014, 09:33 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,539,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexSliver View Post
It's not so much as Jay-z may or may not hold beliefs that may or may not be racist. It's the fact that no one else outside of being a "minority" can do such a thing. Even the mere accusation of being a racist can destroy careers and lives. Paula Deen anyone?

It's the hypocrisy. Only certain protected classes are entitled to their beliefs, no matter how racist, homophobic, sexist, etc. But let a white, straight, christian say "I love all people, but marriage is defined by a man and a woman" and you people can't destroy them fast enough.

Jay-z believes the whites are the devil?...fine by me, don't listen nor buy his stuff and I am sure his fans, even the white ones don't care either as long as he can spin some hot beats and spit some cool lyrics. That's their business. If only I had the right to hold my beliefs and still conduct my business the way I see fit and not worry about the political correct brown shirts coming after me if I so much as step too far out of line.
There is no hypocrisy, You feel Jay Z did something wrong and you called him out on it. Where is the hypocrisy ?

Also marriage as defined by the Christian church is indeed between a man and a women, But this country is not governed by the bible, or any deity for that matter. It has a Constitution and in it, all men are equal.

Old 04-07-2014, 09:39 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
There is no hypocrisy, You feel Jay Z did something wrong and you called him out on it. Where is the hypocrisy ?

Also marriage as defined by the Christian church is indeed between a man and a women, But this country is not governed by the bible, or any deity for that matter. It has a Constitution and in it, all men are equal.
Where in the Constitution does it define governments role in marriage? It doesn't and it should stay out of the marriage issue.

Old 04-07-2014, 09:50 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
A conservative believes in small government. Why comment when you are so uniformed? The smart thing to do would be to educate yourself. I'm not saying you'll do it, I'm saying that is the smart thing to do.
Your posts are a joke.
It appears you may have taken a shower. Good for you. There is no "educating" on this issue as it is just common sense..........something it appear you have lost in your shower. Go back and try and get some. You need it. Only joke here is folks wailing about an artist wearing a friggine symbol. Why do you care is the question? Answer that one........how does that effect your life? It doesn't but you like to scream and wail........

Old 04-07-2014, 09:52 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:
Where in the Constitution does it define governments role in marriage? It doesn't and it should stay out of the marriage issue.
See you don't even know what your talking about anymore.........what the hell does marriage have to do with Jayz wearing something you don't like? You don't even know. You just scream about nothing and expect others to do the same. Well we aren't all nuts like you are and can figure out what we are posting about unlike you it seems. Now go cry..............

Old 04-07-2014, 09:53 PM

41 posts, read 28,776 times
Quote:

The hypocrisy is that I didn't try to organize a boycott or try to to destroy Jay-z in anyway. I stated this.

You think the Christian church set the definition of marriage?. No, it was more like the collective history of man that did that. The constitution makes no mention of marriage first, second you are right, we are all equal, and have the right to marriage which for the most part is defined by non blood relatives and usually by the opposite sex, age, etc. Now, wanting it to now include the same sex is well, a re-definition, an expansion of it. Again, I didn't say I was against gay marriage, just pointing out what it seems to be going on here. And I didn't say anything about the right to marriage anyway. I said the definition of it.

But this is straying away from the topic of the thread. So lets save that for another thread.

Old 04-07-2014, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
It appears you may have taken a shower. Good for you. There is no "educating" on this issue as it is just common sense
Agreed with the part about your unwillingness to educate yourself. Although reading your posts is proof enough

Quote:
..........something it appear you have lost in your shower. Go back and try and get some. You need it.
the only thing lost here is your inability to understand a simple post

Quote:
Only joke here is folks wailing about an artist wearing a friggine symbol.
the only one wailing is you

Quote:
Why do you care is the question? Answer that one........how does that effect your life?
I already have answered it many times again I'll repeat myself
They are still a racist organization and it's foolish to wear any of their symbols.
If one is against racism one speaks out on it. And even if that racism isn't direct at their own race. You either believe in something or you don't.
You're inability to take the thought process to the next level is amazing.

Quote:
It doesn't but you like to scream and wail........
The only one screaming and wailing is you

Old 04-07-2014, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Government staying out of the marriage issue entrails straight marriage as well, however that is not what people in this site and at large have stated.

Republicans have proposed constitutional amendments to make gay marriage illegal, which contradicts your point.

Old 04-07-2014, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexSliver View Post
The hypocrisy is that I didn't try to organize a boycott or try to to destroy Jay-z in anyway. I stated this.

You think the Christian church set the definition of marriage?. No, it was more like the collective history of man that did that. The constitution makes no mention of marriage first, second you are right, we are all equal, and have the right to marriage which for the most part is defined by non blood relatives and usually by the opposite sex, age, etc. Now, wanting it to now include the same sex is well, a re-definition, an expansion of it. Again, I didn't say I was against gay marriage, just pointing out what it seems to be going on here. And I didn't say anything about the right to marriage anyway. I said the definition of it.

But this is straying away from the topic of the thread. So lets save that for another thread.
The bold, so you are calling yourself a hypocrite, well that is simply on you.

The definition of marriage changes from culture to culture and has been different through out history.

As for the redefinition argument, I honestly dont see how that is valid in this debate. Did we not redefine ownership rights, Voting, even the access to education.

Old 04-07-2014, 10:02 PM

Quote:
See you don't even know what your talking about anymore.........what the hell does marriage have to do with Jayz wearing something you don't like?.
I was responding to another post which I quoted. Your posts are a joke.

Quote:
You don't even know. You just scream about nothing and expect others to do the same.
the only one screaming here is you. I expect others to use their head. I've read your posts. I expect you to blather on without making a point, while you falsely testify, while you falsely accuse others of belonging to a certain political ideology, while not getting the point. Your posts are a joke

Quote:
Well we aren't all nuts like you are and can figure out what we are posting about unlike you it seems. Now go cry..............
Yet you cannot comprehend a simple post and ask the same question even though it's been answered. The only one crying is you. Your posts are a joke.

Old 04-07-2014, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Government staying out of the marriage issue entrails straight marriage as well,
Agreed and I've always said that.

Quote:
however that is not what people in this site and at large have stated.
That may be but I speak for rights and governments role.

Quote:
Republicans have proposed constitutional amendments to make gay marriage illegal, which contradicts your point.
Of course it doesn't contradict my point. My clear, easy to understand point, which I have stated many times over, is government should stay out of the marriage business. Period.
It shouldn't allow or prevent marriage it should stay out completely. I'm amazed you couldn't understand that simple point when I said government should stay out of the marriage business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies