Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2014, 05:24 AM

45,221 posts, read 26,431,296 times

Advertisements

Another unemployment bill, smart move Maryland.

Old 04-08-2014, 05:46 AM

26,489 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
You want me to keep it real while you languish in the past? Really?

You've got tunnel vision, while responding as if I said ALL Africans were descended from Ethiopians, when that couldn't be further from the point I made.

Enjoy your righteous indignation, it's what fuels your hate.

They need selective white examples to justify their own racism towards all whites. I'm just a mutt with a drop of blood from every race. Like one black poster once said, my opinion doesn't matter because I'm not black enough.

I guess that's the crux of racism. If I'm not black enough, or white enough, or Mexican enough... what am I enough?

Racism is ugly no matter what reason these idiots use to justify it.
Good post.

I am sorry that you were treated differently due to your ancestry. Racism is ugly and illogical. Racism has held our country back for generations as it has restrained contributions from so many through Jim Crow laws, Black Codes, etc...

"The Nation of Gods and Earths" initially started because its founder, Clarence 13X, said the Nation of Islam's then leader couldn't be divine, because he had a white mother. He then founded the Nation of Gods and Earths teaching that all black men are Gods and all black women are Earths of civilization. That white people conversely have the devil in them and are child like.

These people are so ignorant, do they not realize that America as a melting pot means that all people have different ancestries? Most black Americans have some white ancestry or some native American ancestry.

Their message boards today are filled with comments about white people being the devil, and foolish, and ignorant, and less than, etc... While they pat themselves on the back for being part of the elite 5% as they battle the outnumbered 10% wicked people holding back their racist truths as the ignorant masses 85% sit idly by.

This group is racist, period.

On some level Jay Z is less of a human being if as a grown adult in the year 2014 he supports this racist organization. Anyone who supports the KKK I have to think less of them on some level...the same with other racist groups. No he has the right to support racist groups, I don't want him banned or boycotted. However, I don't want people trying to cover up the fact that a racist group is racist. Racism has damaged countless individuals and the country as a whole.

Old 04-08-2014, 05:48 AM

26,489 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Jay-Z? Who is he?
He is a very talented rapper/entertainer that has made a fortune. He has friends at high levels in sports and politics. Yet is naive enough to support a racist organization as a grown adult in 2014.

Old 04-08-2014, 06:03 AM

43,652 posts, read 44,375,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Israeli Arabs will sharply disagree with you.
There are Israeli Arab Parliament members and Israeli Arabs who serve in the Israeli Military. There has been an Israeli consul (some years ago) and just recently an Israeli Arab woman won the Israeli master chef TV program:
Microbiologist wins Israel

Old 04-08-2014, 06:26 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Eh nobody cares. Now if say Tom Hanks wore a Klan ribbon or what have you the country would be flipping out. So it goes..........

They were discussing this topic on a local morning radio show called Rover's Morning Glory, and alluded to what you're saying. They used Eminem as an example, but he said if Eminem wore a KKK symbol people would flip the f*** out! In fact Rover (the host) of course got a call from an angry caller accusing him of being racist for calling out the hypocrisy here! The thing that I find funny is they threw the CEO from Mozilla under the bus for donating money in support against gay marriage, something he did in 2008, yet nobody would dare call Jay Z out for this! Oh, why? Because he's Jay Z and an Obama bootlicker??? BFD!!! He is overrated anyway!

Old 04-08-2014, 06:36 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well God doesn't see race unless you want to try and find it. I went to catholic school up till high school and IMO I have been to church enough to know the Lord doesn't need me to pray to him/her. I've done my time in confession and been hit with plenty a rosary. I doubt God if he is there cares on whip if I pray to him/her or not. If the gates are there in the end I will say my beef and if I don't get in so be it. If not I will lay in a pile of dirt. Only one way to find out. IMO just live your life and if you believe the so be it but don't tell anybody else what they should believe. That is pretty simple stuff to me. Some get all crazy about it though. Why I guess they need confirmation that their belief is right. I say just shut up and go to church if that is your thing and don't tell anybody else what to do. Freedom of religion is what it is........do what you want but don't put it on anybody else.

That is very good advice.

Old 04-08-2014, 07:52 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabianS View Post
Good. The sooner Maryland goes full-******* the sooner we can start rebuilding the smoldering ruins.
I like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
So these small restaurants will now be at a competitive disadvantage since the better caliber workers will be going to work for the larger restaurants where they are better paid.

No cure for Stupid®.

Quote:
So, waiters and waitresses should get $10.10 an hour plus maybe $10 an hour in tips? That's over $40,000 per year if you're working full time. That's more than some teachers, nurses, police officers, and other actual professionals make.
You do realize that will cost tax-payers a lot of money, right?

When I was working tipped jobs about 10 years ago, you had to claim at least 10% of your wage income as tips in order to avoid an audit by the IRS who's software was programmed to check that. If you make minimum wage, then you can avoid claiming tips and paying taxes on them.

Quote:
(Seriously, where did the 10 cents come from?)
Emotion?

Love, sensuality and devotion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Another unemployment bill, smart move Maryland.
That's funny. I should have thought of that.

Maybe Maryland employers can come to Ohio.

Tipping...

Mircea

Old 04-08-2014, 07:54 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Just goes to further prove that the US is in decline when min wage jobs are now seen as careers for adults with families.

Old 04-08-2014, 07:55 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Not really because business will raise prices. For example, rents will necessarily skyrocket, and landlords will laugh all the way to the bank.
i fail to see how raising the min wage in maryland will increase rents

Old 04-08-2014, 08:06 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Not really because business will raise prices. For example, rents will necessarily skyrocket, and landlords will laugh all the way to the bank.
According to some libs on this forum, that never happens when the minimum wage goes up.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-08-2014 at 08:20 AM.. Reason: flaming
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies