Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2014, 03:28 PM

241 posts, read 171,487 times

Advertisements

I see more boot kissers have joined the thread. Totally ignoring the fact we have our 1st amendment rights set inside a perimeter now. Some people just don't understand and never will.

Old 04-08-2014, 03:32 PM

20,893 posts, read 16,019,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Of Four View Post
I see more boot kissers have joined the thread.
Meh. You call us boot kissers. We call you guys seditious nutburgers. And the earth continues on its courses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Of Four
Totally ignoring the fact we have our 1st amendment rights set inside a perimeter now.
All rights have perimeters. Of course, it helps to be a grown up to realize that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Of Four
Some people just don't understand and never will.
Ironic comment is ironic.

Old 04-08-2014, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Meh. You call us boot kissers. We call you guys seditious nutburgers. And the earth continues on its courses.

All rights have perimeters. Of course, it helps to be a grown up to realize that.

Ironic comment is ironic.
Well congrats you are wrong on all accounts! You CAN NOT force people into a perimeter and tell them that's the only place they can use their first amendment. FACT. Oh and the only seditious ones here would be the government throwing its weight around AGAIN and idiots not giving a crap because hey we got a big screen,an SUV and food in the fridge who cares if a few of our rights are being trampled and innocent people murdered in the process! Historian PFT! Of what the toilet bowl.

Old 04-08-2014, 03:39 PM

11,068 posts, read 10,624,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
The minimum wage was $1.60 in 1968. That equates to $10.79 in 2014.
Yes, it was raised to $1.60 in 1968. The market then adjusted itself over the next few years, and by 1974 that $1.60 was worth $7.62 in 2014 dollars and heading even farther down. The government then stepped in and mandated even more arbitrary wage hikes, then the market corrected itself. Then the government again stepped in mandated arbitrary wage hikes, at which point the market corrected itself again. Wash, rinse, repeat ad nauseum.
The market always corrects itself, and it will correct itself after the current round of minimum wage hikes. When the dust clears, those making minimum wage will once again be making minimum wage and we will once again hear about how hard it is to raise a family on $xx amount of money, $xx being whatever the minimum wage is. The entire minimum wage argument is about the government trying to control something that already has controls in place, those controls being the market itself. The only way to insure that those making minimum wage are able to compete on an economic level with the middle class is to put controls in place that keep manufacturers and retailers from raising the prices on goods and services. Of course, those controls would also mean the end of what little bit of a free market that we have left and would quickly turn us into the modern day version of Cold War era Russia, but I'm not sure that the average Progressive sees anything wrong with that scenario

Old 04-08-2014, 03:47 PM

11,068 posts, read 10,624,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
No, I don't make 100% profit. I still have costs. They just aren't labor costs.

No. I don't pay myself anything.

I provide 100% of the labor, and I provide it at $0. Nearly all my organization's revenue is profit, and all profit is kept by the corporation. As the owner, if I decide to sell the business in the future, those accumulated assets will be a critical part of the value of my corporation.
In other words, you aren't running the business in order to make a living, but as a form of speculation. I'll concede the point in your rather unique case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
But like I say, all of this is a distraction. A distraction away from your misunderstanding how pricing works. You're one of these types who think that certain "bad" costs (like business taxes, or your employees' wages) are always passed on to consumers in the form of price increases, while other costs (like dividends, share buybacks, or CEO pay) just come from the capitalist tooth fairy.
Actually, I'm one of those that realizes how the market works, and that not only costs but also profits can be passed on to consumers. That doesn't change the fact that supply and demand is not the sole determiner of price.

Old 04-08-2014, 03:48 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,577,554 times
Glad this thief and his cattle are finally being forced off our land.

Old 04-08-2014, 03:53 PM

24,834 posts, read 37,217,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
In other words, you aren't running the business in order to make a living, but as a form of speculation. I'll concede the point in your rather unique case.

Actually, I'm one of those that realizes how the market works, and that not only costs but also profits can be passed on to consumers. That doesn't change the fact that supply and demand is not the sole determiner of price.
Nothing unique there.....

If he paid himself $100,000 a day....where would he list it as labor on his tax form???

In the case of a sole proprietorship.....the bottom line is your "pay".

Old 04-08-2014, 03:54 PM

Ironic statement if there ever was one.BLM stole the land to begin with simply because "they are the government". Anyone care to tell me how that boot is tasting? Leather or Cloth?

Old 04-08-2014, 03:54 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,400,711 times
The freeloader hasn't paid the usage tax for 20 years.

Old 04-08-2014, 03:57 PM

30,560 posts, read 21,714,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Thanks for showing the truth in this. The man deserves whatever the FEDs dish out. What a loser.
I agree, some people think they can play by different rules than the rest of us; David Karesh and Warren Jeffs and thier perverted followers are a good example who got what was coming to them. Unfortunately the Feds can just as easily come after me or you too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies