Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 06:04 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times

Advertisements

The I-94 is an additional entry document if they go further than the immediate area of the border. Without the I-94, they are restricted to border area except in certain areas for no more than 72 hours. The entry permit allows entry throughout the US for up to 6 months.

Old 04-12-2014, 06:41 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,392,751 times
They are NOT protected by the constitution.

any person on U.S. property is protected by the constitution, and any person not on u.s property but in u.s. interest have some coverage, its confusing but gizmo applied

Old 04-12-2014, 07:17 AM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,659 times
We should have the military all along the US and Mexico border stopping everyone, as much as possible, from entering illegally.

Old 04-12-2014, 09:55 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
They need to obtain a I-94 Entry Permit to go with their visa...
Thank You for confirming what I had already posted...

Quote:
...Trucks can go to their unload point and return. They cannot pick up another load in the US and drop in the US. That's called point-to-point and illegal for Canadian and Mexican trucks.

In the case of Mexican trucks, they need to run the gauntlet at the POE of Customs, USDOT and State DOT since Mexican safety standards on their trucks are not as good as the US. At train crossing points, US locomotives will go into Mexico and pull the train through the border, slowly since it passes through x-ray equipment, dogs and officers looking for illegal riders and narcotics. At any point they can order the train stopped and inspect a suspect car.
I'm lost why you did this response to me, as I did not comment (yet) on any issue of NAFTA trucking (which truly is another topic, but here at City-Data these debates get stuffed over in the Illegal Immigration section, where "malamute" says they are bringing in illegal aliens by the truck-load). Your statement needs the addition that the truckers can also "backhaul", taking another load back to their country from where they transported the initial load. My trucking buddy (search for his site with the terms "Mexico Trucker") would dispute your claim about unsafe trucks, his Volvo puts quite a bit of the U.S. fleets to shame.

Old 04-12-2014, 11:32 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
The I-94 is an additional entry document if they go further than the immediate area of the border. Without the I-94, they are restricted to border area except in certain areas for no more than 72 hours. The entry permit allows entry throughout the US for up to 6 months.
But remember -- the pro-illegal side will tell you that most illegals are simply visa overstays. They get the laser crossing card which allows them full access to the border zone for up to 72 hours but nothing happens if they go beyond them or stay permanently. These are many of the visa overstays that are living in Chicago, Detroit, New York and anywhere else they want to live.

Old 04-12-2014, 11:36 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
They need to obtain a I-94 Entry Permit to go with their visa. Trucks can go to their unload point and return. They cannot pick up another load in the US and drop in the US. That's called point-to-point and illegal for Canadian and Mexican trucks.

In the case of Mexican trucks, they need to run the gauntlet at the POE of Customs, USDOT and State DOT since Mexican safety standards on their trucks are not as good as the US. At train crossing points, US locomotives will go into Mexico and pull the train through the border, slowly since it passes through x-ray equipment, dogs and officers looking for illegal riders and narcotics. At any point they can order the train stopped and inspect a suspect car.
A very small percentage of trucks and cars are actually stopped and inspected. Just like most of the passengers on the thousands of buses coming over daily are actually questioned.

You see the Mexican bus lines in El Paso picking up their passengers less than a block from the border and they deliver them cheaply to Denver, Los Angeles, and many other destinations. They can have documents but if they don't have documents, they can lie. They already know that those claiming US citizenship don't have to provide documents.

Old 04-12-2014, 02:27 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
A very small percentage of trucks and cars are actually stopped and inspected. Just like most of the passengers on the thousands of buses coming over daily are actually questioned.

You see the Mexican bus lines in El Paso picking up their passengers less than a block from the border and they deliver them cheaply to Denver, Los Angeles, and many other destinations. They can have documents but if they don't have documents, they can lie. They already know that those claiming US citizenship don't have to provide documents.
You are really intent on lathering it on thick. First off, there isn't "thousands of buses coming over daily". If you ride a bus North to the border (I did this dozens of times while awaiting my wife and stepchildren to be legally admitted to the United States), at the Port of Entry everyone disembarks (with their luggage) to go through customs on foot. Once you pass through the pedestrian lines, the bus has been inspected and moved forward (the entire process can take a half-hour or more to move 100 yards), and you board it again.

I am interested on why you want to put so much hyperbole on this, years ago you said that there was tunnels beneath the Port of Entries, and officials bought illegal aliens in that way...

A few posts back, you commented about "another kind of passport", what were you referring to?...

Old 04-13-2014, 01:34 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,288,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Can you explain this a little more? Are there checkpoints at State borders or are you talking about the international borders? How can you be in favor of allowing citizens of another country access to our country without some basic vetting? They are NOT protected by the constitution.
I have no problem with international border checkpoints. Border Patrol checkpoints are not on the border. They are typically 10 to 70 miles from the border and often placed on major freeways and highways. They often back up traffic and cause major traffic problems.

It is a farce because the Federal government has no interest whatsoever in curbing illegal immigration as the amnesty deals, welfare, food stamps, and deportation records all illustrate.

The Federal government does everything in its power to encourage illegal immigration not deter it. The Border Patrol checkpoints are a ruse to use immigration as an illegitimate excuse to stop American citizens and check them for drugs or DUI.

If you do not believe me, simply refuse to answer the Border Patrols questions.
What will happen next is after they try to intimidate you, they will bring out a drug sniffing dog.

Now correct me if I am wrong, but a drug sniffing dog is not capable of smelling illegal aliens, so what is the purpose of the drug dog? The purpose of the drug dog is the same as the reason to stop you to begin with, to search for drugs.

The Border Patrol does not profit from finding and arresting aliens, they profit from finding US citizens with some drugs which now allows the Border Patrol to impound their vehicle and sell it at auction.
It is called asset forfeiture and is a gold mine for governments. You see even if you are found innocent in court, your chances of getting your vehicle back is near zero.

They are able to steal billions of dollars of cash and assets every year because they use a miscarriage of legal procedure in which they arrest the asset which makes it almost impossible to recover it.
That money is then retained by the law enforcement agencies. It is all just a government scam to steal peoples money, and has nothing to do with immigration enforcement.

Old 04-13-2014, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
But remember -- the pro-illegal side will tell you that most illegals are simply visa overstays. They get the laser crossing card which allows them full access to the border zone for up to 72 hours but nothing happens if they go beyond them or stay permanently. These are many of the visa overstays that are living in Chicago, Detroit, New York and anywhere else they want to live.
Then they misrepresented their intent upon entry. Makes them no better than a illegal border crosser. Subject to the same laws.

Old 04-13-2014, 03:42 PM

Quote:
but a drug sniffing dog is not capable of smelling illegal aliens
Yes they can. The dogs are trained to smell for money, hidden people, and narcotics.

Quote:
You see even if you are found innocent in court, your chances of getting your vehicle back is near zero.
Wrong. The asset cannot be disposed of until the case is disposed.

Quote:
They are able to steal billions of dollars of cash and assets every year because they use a miscarriage of legal procedure in which they arrest the asset which makes it almost impossible to recover it.
How? Whats this "miscarriage of justice"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies