Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 12:40 AM

18,927 posts, read 14,111,175 times

Advertisements

Best plan - repeal all federal laws regarding "health care."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2014, 06:35 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,850,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Sounds good to me. Instead of implementing an abysmal failure of a plan by telling the lie of the year against the wishes of the American people and ramming it through congress with reconciliation, they are taking their time. Your message has the opposite effect of what you intended - it shows the Republicans to be more thoughtful, more honest, and more concerned with efficiency and effectiveness than the Democrats.
HAHAHAHA! Oh, wait, that wasn't a joke?

The GOP started blocking any and all ideas for healthcare reform in 1993, when the Clintons first attempted it, and they've offered nothing but obstruction since then. Twenty-one years. Tell me, Kid, how many years of "thoughtful efficiency" is it going to take before the GOP comes up with a single idea?

Old 04-09-2014, 06:45 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,712,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cxr89 View Post
I actually take my earlier post back. They are coming up with their plan.......they just haven't decided when they will announce it and they are still 'working' on it

House Republicans to Delay Obamacare Replacement Rollout - Bloomberg
Thats an interesting article especially with the quotes from Cathy McMorris Rodgers. Her district has more people signed up for the Medicaid expansion and the ACA than just about any in Washington. Why they vote for her who knows.

Heres another article where Paul Ryan is asked about the Republican plan for health care and its obvious there is no plan. He talks about helping people with pre-existing conditions, keeping kids on the parents plan, etc but doesnt offer any ideas how it will be done.

Paul Ryan’s Obamacare repeal admission

Old 04-09-2014, 07:06 AM

58,749 posts, read 27,080,924 times
I am NOT surprised you think the dem way to do it is better.

Write it in the middle of the night. bypass regular order. Write amendments that NO one has read then have a final vote that "We have to pass it to find out what is in it" is a MUCH better way to pass legislation.

Of course we all it is SOOO good that hundreds of waivers have to be granted. What is it now 38 delays.

Heaven forbid they take their time and at least attempt to get it right rather then going off half cocked and pass a bill that constantly needs modifications.

Yep, the dems did a great job. And you go on supporting it and you will keep getting your checks from the DNC.

Old 04-09-2014, 07:07 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,389,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
HAHAHAHA! Oh, wait, that wasn't a joke?

The GOP started blocking any and all ideas for healthcare reform in 1993, when the Clintons first attempted it, and they've offered nothing but obstruction since then. Twenty-one years. Tell me, Kid, how many years of "thoughtful efficiency" is it going to take before the GOP comes up with a single idea?
I'll answer that.

The answer is infinity. The GOP doesn't have ideas about anything. Their policy ideas are limited to:

-cut taxes on the rich
-eliminate all business regulations

Old 04-09-2014, 07:08 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,389,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I am NOT surprised you think the dem way to do it is better.

Write it in the middle of the night. bypass regular order. Write amendments that NO one has read then have a final vote that "We have to pass it to find out what is in it" is a MUCH better way to pass legislation.

Of course we all it is SOOO good that hundreds of waivers have to be granted. What is it now 38 delays.

Heaven forbid they take their time and at least attempt to get it right rather then going off half cocked and pass a bill that constantly needs modifications.

Yep, the dems did a great job. And you go on supporting it and you will keep getting your checks from the DNC.
Are you offering an alternative or just making up excuses to obstruct?

This is all we ever get from the right... excuses, excuses excuses, obstruction, obstruction, obstruction. What is your plan?

Old 04-09-2014, 07:31 AM

58,749 posts, read 27,080,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
Are you offering an alternative or just making up excuses to obstruct?

This is all we ever get from the right... excuses, excuses excuses, obstruction, obstruction, obstruction. What is your plan?
Many of us believe there should be NO alternative.

The fed has no business in the health care insurance arena,

I mean they have done such a bang up job in EVERY other endeavor they are involved in.

ObamaCare is the biggest cluster.uck the gov't has ever been involved in. If This ineptitude of this fiasco hasn't convinced you of that then there is NO hope for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Old 04-09-2014, 07:40 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,850,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Many of us believe there should be NO alternative.
What!?! You mean the Republicans in Congress who have been touting "repeal and replace" for the last four years have been lying about that?? Say it isn't so!

Old 04-09-2014, 09:50 AM

924 posts, read 665,702 times
If the GOP really wanted to pursue an agenda on the basis of individual liberty, why aren't they rioting over the NSA/CIA revelations?

Oh, because their defense contractor buddies wouldn't like that so much.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:55 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,202,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Sounds good to me. Instead of implementing an abysmal failure of a plan by telling the lie of the year against the wishes of the American people and ramming it through congress with reconciliation, they are taking their time. Your message has the opposite effect of what you intended - it shows the Republicans to be more thoughtful, more honest, and more concerned with efficiency and effectiveness than the Democrats.
Stop by later and i will stomp those rose colored glasses for you. You will feel better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies