Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 05:03 AM

1,074 posts, read 757,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
Jesusland.
You take every opportunity to insult Christians, don't you? But this has nothing to do with religion. It has to do with our Constitutional right to vote for and support causes we believe in.

Perhaps you should go back to the country you came from (if you ever left) and quit insulting America and Americans, especially Christians.

Old 04-12-2014, 05:06 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamencoFreak View Post
This isn't about prejudice. Quit trying to equate it to that, like all the other homosexuals do.
I'm not equating anything to anything. Extreme animus towards gay people IS all about blind prejudice.

Old 04-12-2014, 05:12 AM

Quote:
You take every opportunity to insult Christians, don't you? But this has nothing to do with religion. It has to do with our Constitutional right to vote for and support causes we believe in.
Nope, I don't have a problem with most Christians at all. Just the ones who call themselves "Christians" but don't act in any way Christlike and want to turn America into some kind of theocratic Jesusland.

Quote:
Perhaps you should go back to the country you came from (if you ever left) and quit insulting America and Americans, especially Christians.
Perhaps you need to learn you don't own the internet or have the right to shut down anyone else's speech. (Ironic, given the topic ).

Old 04-12-2014, 05:20 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
Render to God that which is God's. Render to Mammon that which is Mammon's. Don't mix them up.

A person's sexual orientation does not have anything to do with their ability to make or spend money. Mammon could care less.

Old 04-12-2014, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
IMHO - Unless the CEO is the sole proprietor and owner of the business he should leave his personal opinions at home. His job is to make actual owners as much money as possible and not push his personal political agenda.

This egotistical fool damages the corporation and should be fired. Same applies to the idiots operating the Hobby Lobby.
He apparently did leave his personal opinions at home, and he did not "push his personal political agenda" on anybody (did you even read about this at all?).

It was because of a California law, and a witch hunt (basically) conducted to expose anyone who had donated to the cause, and make their life miserable. Then the crybabies at Mozilla (there were only a handful) insisted that he be removed.

This had nothing to do with anything Brendan Eich did or said at Mozilla, or they wouldn't have appointed him in the first place.

This is a huge FAIL on the part of Mozilla. They treated Eich very badly. This will cause anyone who might consider working for Mozilla to take pause. It is going to hurt them for a long time to come. They have been stigmatized.

Old 04-12-2014, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
I'm not equating anything to anything. Extreme animus towards gay people IS all about blind prejudice.
There you go again! What makes you think Eich had "extreme animus" toward so-called "gay" people? He supports marriage as between a man and a woman (which it is). Why does that equate to "blind prejudice" and "extreme animus?"

What if Mozilla appoints a CEO that donated to the "defeat Prop 8" cause? Would he also be disqualified?

This begins to get a little sticky, doesn't it? And the fact that they have opened the door to questioning people about their political affiliations is troublesome.

Mozilla has been irreparably hurt by this. They handled the objections to Eich's appointment totally wrong. That is a sign of poor leadership.

Old 04-12-2014, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
If it's wrong to target the average citizen for his beliefs, how can it be right to target any citizen for his beliefs?

Just because Richard Branson is wealthy and newsworthy, he merits attack. But because I'm poor and not newsworthy, I don't merit attack?

This seems to me to feed into the argument of intimidation. By targeting the newsworthy, one is making a point to everyone else. If you share this person's opinions, you deserve to be punished.
Unfortunately, that is the society we have made for ourselves in recent years. It is because we have lost our sense of morality, and right and wrong. It seems, "anything goes."

Old 04-12-2014, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownblues View Post
Ooo, I guess I have to listen, since this guy said that something he disagreed with was a "backward opinion."
Yes, I wonder since when did believing that marriage is between a man and a woman (as established and defined by God) become a "backward opinion?"

Is God, "backward?" Is believing in God, "backward?"

Old 04-12-2014, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
The CEO did not let anyone know that he made a donation to support Prop 8, nor did he make any statements publically. The LA Times obtained a list of people who gave, for and against, to the fight over the Prop 8 referendum in 2008. They put the whole database online and made it searchable. The Free Market was not at work here, rather a political campaign to ruin someone exercising free speech.
Exactly!

Old 04-12-2014, 06:09 AM

Quote:
There you go again! What makes you think Eich had "extreme animus" toward so-called "gay" people? He supports marriage as between a man and a woman (which it is). Why does that equate to "blind prejudice" and "extreme animus?"
I wasn't referring to Eich. I'm referring to people like you and smalltownblues who continually vilify gay and lesbian people.

Like using this whole Mozilla debacle to vilify gay and lesbian people. The boycott was mainly by OKCupid- a predominantly straight dating website with a straight CEO who created a pop-up asking OKCupid's users to not use Firefox to access their website. But you and those like you go on some insane vicious hysterical crusade about "gay armies, gay mafia, gay fascists blah blah rant rant..."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies