Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 08:16 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,322,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I think Cummings says it best ...

Cummings: "I do not want to go back to that shameful era in which Congress tried to strip away Constitutional rights of American citizens".
Like the right to choose not to buy health insurance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2014, 08:16 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Cummings has said over and over that all he wants is "the truth".
Let's hear what he has to say now.
It's going to get REAL partisan and REAL ugly, Sit back and enjoy. The fuse has been lit.

Old 04-10-2014, 08:21 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times
Quote:

Cummings: "I do not want to go back to that shameful era in which Congress tried to strip away Constitutional rights of American citizens".
Cummings prefers the New Shameful Era, in which the Obama Administration and Democrats use the Power of the IRS, EPA, OSHA, ATF, all Federal agencies to Intimidate and suppress any political opponent to their Ideology.

I guess they call that "Progressive" in our newly Transformed America.
How do Democrats like being part of this Federal Government Targeting scam? The most disturbing thing about it all is the complicity by so many people to Target Americans for their political belief. It's illegal and it's immoral. It's against everything we stand for, just as much at the Targeting of Black people and the discrimination against Black people. Yet, this time it's OK, because of what?

Old 04-10-2014, 08:21 AM

26,489 posts, read 15,066,580 times
So Elijah Cummings at the very least lied. He said he had not contacted the IRS about this organization and he had.

Old 04-10-2014, 08:23 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
So Elijah Cummings at the very least lied. He said he had not contacted the IRS about this organization and he had.
Well he did say all he wants is "the truth". Here's one truth that came out and I haven't seen any comments from him in the press on this.

Old 04-10-2014, 08:37 AM

26,489 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well he did say all he wants is "the truth". Here's one truth that came out and I haven't seen any comments from him in the press on this.
Elijah Cummings did release a statement that he only asked the IRS for public information on True the Vote - and did not ask the IRS to do anything inappropriate.

Even if that is true, he still lied about never having contacted the IRS about True the Vote.

Why are there so many lies and 5th Amendments being taken?

Old 04-10-2014, 08:51 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times
The REAL meat to this is that the IRS REFUSED to give the same information to the majority but gave it to the minority.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:06 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:

Do those "rights" included committing crimes against fellow citizens for their political beliefs?

I think that you have the US confused with the USSR.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:16 AM

6,261 posts, read 5,068,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
So Elijah Cummings at the very least lied. .
Just a smidgen.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:33 AM

6,261 posts, read 5,068,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
.I guess they call that "Progressive" in our newly Transformed America.
How do Democrats like being part of this Federal Government Targeting scam? The most disturbing thing about it all is the complicity by so many people to Target Americans for their political belief. It's illegal and it's immoral. It's against everything we stand for, just as much at the Targeting of Black people and the discrimination against Black people. Yet, this time it's OK, because of what?
I will never understand those who blindly and unquestioningly defend inappropriate or illegal behavior. I will never understand emotional investment in a political party that is so strong, that knee jerk defense is the go-to response. I will never understand agreement with behavior that infringes on the rights of other citizens en masse. And I will never understand the declaration that something "could never happen in the US".

To use an old phrase - absolute power corrupts absolutely. We've seen it time and time again through history and the results have often times been catastrophic. Democrat or Conservative - we MUST keep our own government in check for our own safety and liberty.

This government doesn't have absolute power but has been amassing power. It has been abusing power, and making a go of intimidating media and rank and file citizens through its actions. So-called "progressive liberals" can't seem to get it through their heads that it's not OK to infringe on the rights of those whose ideology is different from theirs.

Cannot get it through their heads that government is not their friend. That one day the government is going to take something away from THEM that they really care about. Simply because it can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies