Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 10:45 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
House Democrats probably have a pretty good idea of just how high up in the Obama administration this scandal goes, and they are going to be as obstructionist as possible.

The WSJ puts it in perspective - "Mr. Holder put Obama donor Barbara Bosserman in charge of the investigation, and in June last year, mere weeks after the targeting came to light, Ranking Ways and Means Democrat Elijah Cummings declared that the "case is solved." President Obama in February upstaged his own Justice Department by announcing that there was not a "smidgen" of corruption, even as the investigation supposedly continues." IRS at the Crossroads - WSJ.com

This is the essence of corruption. Holder appoints an Obama donor to investigate Obama? Hey libs, what's the difference between this and Christie's in-house investigation of Bridgegate? You know Holder will never investigate the IRS even though Cummings has dirty hands, and he sure as hell won't appoint a special prosecutor.

The GOP needs to win back both the House and the Senate this November, then appoint a special prosecutor to go after Obama and Holder relentlessly for the next two years.
I saw an interview with an attorney representing 40 of the targeted organizations and not ONE person from ANY of the 40 have been called, interviewed or any other way been contacted by the DoJ.

Surprise, surprise!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2014, 12:06 PM

1,110 posts, read 671,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
That's what happens when you let a convicted criminal conduct investigations. Issa assumes everyone is a criminal, because he is one.
So you'd classify everyone who has ever paid a $100 fine for a misdemeanor a criminal? (or just the one's trying to protect the Nation from the wanton actions of the Progressive Regime)?

If it's former, that's okay but I'll hold you to it. If you can't hold the same contempt and vitriol for Lois & Elijah once this all airs out, then you should seriously re-evaluate your critical thinking skills.

I've been, as you'd categorize, 'convicted' many times (all traffic tickets) but as a self-proclaimed multiple offender, I should be taken very seriously.

Old 04-10-2014, 12:12 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA Bubbleup View Post
So you'd classify everyone who has ever paid a $100 fine for a misdemeanor a criminal? (or just the one's trying to protect the Nation from the wanton actions of the Progressive Regime)?

If it's former, that's okay but I'll hold you to it. If you can't hold the same contempt and vitriol for Lois & Elijah once this all airs out, then you should seriously re-evaluate your critical thinking skills.

I've been, as you'd categorize, 'convicted' many times (all traffic tickets) but as a self-proclaimed multiple offender, I should be taken very seriously.
Jude and the rest of the sheep will always defend or look the other way when it comes to Democrats and this Admin. When cornered, they end with " so what, look what __ did"

Old 04-10-2014, 12:14 PM

379 posts, read 580,007 times
Easily the dumbest man in Congress. Elijah sipping off the government teet as long as he can. He looked like a petulant child in his outburst. He is so ^#@#*&. Could happen to a better person. Maybe he can stop keeping his foot on the neck of his constituents pretending like he gives a flip.

I can't wait for the fallout to happen. Loved seeing Lerner, Holder, Clinton, and Sharpton squirm. It's better than any other program.

Old 04-10-2014, 12:16 PM

And let's be honest, if you think this man is worthy of being in Congress, you're an idiot.

Old 04-10-2014, 12:29 PM

1,110 posts, read 671,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Jude and the rest of the sheep will always defend or look the other way when it comes to Democrats and this Admin. When cornered, they end with " so what, look what __ did"
Jude started with that. Guess it's worse than we thought...

I don't pay much attention to user names but regardless, seeing that this mis-information wasn't addressed at five pages in, I can only assume that Jude is generally ignored.

Old 04-10-2014, 12:33 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,806 times
The fact of the matter is, the IRS clearly targeted groups of one political liking and not the other. It's also a fact that neither the President of the United States nor the sheep who follow him, want to find out where it all started and who is to blame. Just like Fast and Furious, they don't care to know the whole truth.

Old 04-10-2014, 12:36 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
All right, now it's getting ugly. And fun.

From the Washington Examiner - "House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa, R-Calif., has accused the panel's top Democrat of prompting the Internal Revenue Service in 2012 to target a conservative organization applying for nonprofit status."

Darrell Issa: Emails suggest Elijah Cummings prompted IRS targeting of True the Vote | WashingtonExaminer.com
No wonder Mr. Cummings has been less than pro active. Technically speaking this a conflict of Interest?
This IRS issue deepen every day and the IRS and the Obama Administration is ducking and hiding on this one!

Old 04-10-2014, 01:03 PM

But he's black! It's racist!

Guess what, Boxer, Schumer, Durbin, Reid, Bohner, Hagan, Graham, McCain, and countless others are thieves as well. So, don't give me the skin color garbage. Nothing waves a white flag quicker than someone saying I'm racist for criticism of a black politician. That just means I won the argument. He and Pelosi can take their rotten cores back to where they came from for all I care.

Old 04-10-2014, 01:16 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,799,525 times
Democrat Elijah Cummings Faces Up to Five Years in Federal Prison | The Gateway Pundit
Quote:
On Wednesday, Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-CA) and five Subcommittee Chairmen on the committee sent a letter to Ranking Member Cummings demanding an explanation for his staff’s queries from the IRS, why the Minority hid these efforts from the Majority, and why the Ranking Member denied such actions by his staff at a February Subcommittee hearing:

“Although you have previously denied that your staff made inquiries to the IRS about conservative organization True the Vote that may have led to additional agency scrutiny, communication records between your staff and IRS officials – which you did not disclose to Majority Members or staff – indicates otherwise,” wrote the Chairman and five Subcommittee Chairmen of the Oversight Committee. “As the Committee is scheduled to consider a resolution holding Ms. Lerner, a participant in responding to your communications that you failed to disclose, in contempt of Congress, you have an obligation to fully explain your staff’s undisclosed contacts with the IRS.”

This is not good news for Cummings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies