Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 01:54 PM

57,296 posts, read 26,217,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
The question is, what prompted the inspection. As someone who works in a union, blue collar environment I can guarantee that OSHA could visit any shop and find numerous problems. Forklift drivers not bothering to buckle up, or passing people with a load on their forks in the air, which is not supposed to happen, but is common.

Where is your evidence that Engelbrecht has been involved in "intimidating minority voters?" If so I would be the first to condemn her, but she should be targeted for that, and not whether her forklift drivers are wearing seat-belts.
If you read through the article they were performing inspections of certain factories in several states, nothing out of the ordinary. Yes OSHA could find violations in probably any factory, her point was that it was unannounced and she insinuated she was being singled out by all these agencies.

True vote's efforts are almost unanimously in democratic held districts with minority voters, if they were truly after voter fraud in general. The status of True Vote was never denied but that type of organization would beg additional review.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2014, 02:00 PM

379 posts, read 580,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
If you read through the article they were performing inspections of certain factories in several states, nothing out of the ordinary. Yes OSHA could find violations in probably any factory, her point was that it was unannounced and she insinuated she was being singled out by all these agencies.

True vote's efforts are almost unanimously in democratic held districts with minority voters, if they were truly after voter fraud in general. The status of True Vote was never denied but that type of organization would beg additional review.
Was that last paragraph even English? Your punctuation needs some correcting. I thought I was reading Swahili.

Old 04-10-2014, 02:23 PM

57,296 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abnheel View Post
Was that last paragraph even English? Your punctuation needs some correcting. I thought I was reading Swahili.
Meant to say if True Vote was interested in voter fraud they would visit all districts rather than focusing on democratic districts.

Better?

Old 04-10-2014, 02:35 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times

Looks a little dicey for Cummings.

Is there anyone in the Democrat party anymore that is not crooked as a dog's hind leg? It appears as though the Dems under Obama have turned into a national crime organization, rather than a political party.

When the republicans take the Senate, there will be no more obstruction from Reid. At that point, things will start to accelerate and we might finally get some answers about what has been going on in this lawless administration with Obama and Holder.

Old 04-10-2014, 02:55 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abnheel View Post
But he's black! It's racist!

Guess what, Boxer, Schumer, Durbin, Reid, Bohner, Hagan, Graham, McCain, and countless others are thieves as well. So, don't give me the skin color garbage. Nothing waves a white flag quicker than someone saying I'm racist for criticism of a black politician. That just means I won the argument. He and Pelosi can take their rotten cores back to where they came from for all I care.
Guess what all of Politicians and his state let him earn his seat. Its up to Cummins to do the right thing despite party and even being a Black man. This way we have shorter term limits and every time you do a term the elected official must sit out between cycles.

That will never happen!

Old 04-10-2014, 02:57 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
All right, now it's getting ugly. And fun.

From the Washington Examiner - "House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa, R-Calif., has accused the panel's top Democrat of prompting the Internal Revenue Service in 2012 to target a conservative organization applying for nonprofit status."

Darrell Issa: Emails suggest Elijah Cummings prompted IRS targeting of True the Vote | WashingtonExaminer.com
It only shows someone in his staff was made aware, not sure if this goes to Cummings.

Old 04-11-2014, 05:43 AM

1,634 posts, read 1,209,842 times
Well, well....

The title of the thread asuggest there will be nothing but a huge partisan **** fest..and guess what? 6 pages deep that is EXACTLY what has happened....and nothing has come out of it lol...

TEAM TOTALITARIAN!

Old 04-11-2014, 06:54 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
The Democrats are going to pull out all the weapons in their arsenal to hold the Senate.
If the Democrats lose Harry Reid, the house will come crumbling down around all the corruption of the Obama administration.

I bet there is a mandatory shred order for all documents, to reduce the paper trail.

Old 04-11-2014, 06:57 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
No wonder Cummings was trying so hard to derail the hearings and prevent Congress from inquiring into the IRS's activities. He was one of the guilty parties!
Exactly.

Meanwhile, the C-D libs predictably are whitewashing the whole affair. Pathetic but unsurprising.

Old 04-13-2014, 11:15 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Default Elijah Cummings .. How many other Democrat Senators

A complaint was filed against Elijah Cummings in February, charging that he prompted the investigation against True the Vote. Cummings was very outraged and said it was not true. Since Cummings has been trying to do everything he can to thwart the investigation into the IRS scandal.

Well, guess what? It turns out that when the committee was finally able to obtain more of Lois Lerner's emails, in fact, she was communicating within the IRS about a special request from Cummings' staff saying they had opened their own investigation into True to Vote.

We know that Senator Dick Durbin and some Democratic outside groups sent letters to the agency urging investigations and audits of conservative groups. How many more Democrats are involved in putting pressure on the IRS to clamp down on conservatives? An investigation would be helpful.

Blog: President of True the Vote responds to Cummings allegations
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies